X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir. Oddsodz
    replied
    Re: Total Gaming Network Visits DICE

I Really don't care about new maps myself. But the news about account security is very good news indeed. And the fact that there are working on a game that is 3 years old is good news in it's self. But the thing that tickles my little fingers is the J-10 v F-35B balance/unbalance. For them that know me, Know I love my F-35B. And I can kill any pilot in a J-10 with my F-35B. It's hard work but I can do it. But with this new "Tweeking" to the J-10. I Am going to have even more players call me a HAXOZ now.
    See here how to kill a J-10 in an F-35B

Love it.

Oddsodz

Leave a comment:

• Sir. bzb
    replied

Originally posted by 7o'****
    Lolz, some of em even entitle themselves 'Network Administrators', cough cough alex.....kid wouldn't know the first thing about Network Administration. Then again I guess configuring the MAC filter on your grandma's Linksys somewhat qualifies.
    Young man, i think it would be best if you went to your room until such a time as you at least comprehend English.

Originally posted by Teh Rhino
    Again, your talking gameplay, I'm talking quality.

if you really want I'll give a full review of the map after its release providing I can find the time.
    PR would run like garbage on a min spec machine. Infact it would be too large to even install on a min spec machine. So whilst PR may be the king of mods and be full of quality work, in terms of BF2 it is far from being 'fit for purpose' as this map has to be.

There is no comparison between the blank canvas a mod has and the constraints DICE has.

So perhaps, on a 1.7Ghz P4 with 512Mb ram, 2.3GB hard drive space, 128meg card on a 128kbs connection you can review a PR map and this map on a 64 player server.
    Im sure one of them will be playable in some form but it wont be PR.

Leave a comment:

• jesus
    replied

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
    Imagine if they announced it via the advertising boards in game. Anyone remember the hidden 2142 messages in AF?
    Lol that would actually be pretty neat. Like if the Intel billboards on highway tampa said in small print near a corner, or something "Perfect for Battlefield 3"

but is it just me or does DICE's HQ look really cool?

Leave a comment:

• [GCA]Tim270
    Guest replied

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
    Why is hitboxes not an issue for anyone else?? Vanilla is mostly played by adults not, good hitboxes would bring back a younger audience to the game.

Net coding for decent hitboxes have been out for a long time now for other games. Its so obvious. Its better to do the simple things well than the complicated things badly. What is new maps when the core parts of the game still need work.
    Taking apart the netcode of the game would take time and money that is not really going to be made back at all, while agree it would be nice, its not going to happen. Also, what are you basing the claims of players age on? Comparing the hitboxes in bf2 to that of another engine is silly, they dont wont work the same way.

Leave a comment:

• =98=
    replied

Imagine if they announced it via the advertising boards in game. Anyone remember the hidden 2142 messages in AF?

Leave a comment:

• Dangerdog
    replied

There have been a few reports that there will be a continuation of Bad Company series as well as a Mirrors Edge sequel.

I’m not expecting any announcement of BF3 (unless there is a leak like there was with the BF2142 video clip) until next E3. And even if DICE decides to hit the pause button on future Battlefield games for the PC (and no I don't count Battlefield Heroes as a worth while entry in the Battlefield franchise) there’s still plenty to look forward to for hardcore combat shooter fans with Operation Flashpoint 2, ArmA 2 and maybe even CoD5.

Leave a comment:

• MrKLM
    replied

Originally posted by G-Snake View Post
    Although BF3 doesn't 'officially' exist, I think we can all agree that it WILL exist soon if it already doesn't. From what I know, Battlefield on the consoles has largely been a disappointment. Based on this fact, and the fact that the battlefield series has been a hit on PC, it would be completely insane not to continue the core games of the series on PC at minimum. To me, there have only really been two battlefield games, BF1942 and BF2, all of the other ones were just non-sense in which Dice was scoping out to see how far they could push the franchise. BF Vietnam, 2142, Bad Company, Modern Combat, and even Heroes, are all irrelevant compared to the core games of the franchise.

Stop making knock offs and stick with the bread and butter. My 2 cents anyway.
    Battlefield: Bad Company is one of the highest played games on Xbox Live, while Sony doesn't release info im sure it is the same for PS3. So not at all sure what the heck you are talking about in terms of BF on the consoles being a disappointment.

If you haven't seen it Total Battlefield did review Battlefield: Bad Company when it was released. And since writing this review a lot of things mentioned in our review was fixed by DICE and conquest gameplay and more maps was released as well.

Leave a comment:

• G-Snake
    replied

Although BF3 doesn't 'officially' exist, I think we can all agree that it WILL exist soon if it already doesn't. From what I know, Battlefield on the consoles has largely been a disappointment. Based on this fact, and the fact that the battlefield series has been a hit on PC, it would be completely insane not to continue the core games of the series on PC at minimum. To me, there have only really been two battlefield games, BF1942 and BF2, all of the other ones were just non-sense in which Dice was scoping out to see how far they could push the franchise. BF Vietnam, 2142, Bad Company, Modern Combat, and even Heroes, are all irrelevant compared to the core games of the franchise.

Stop making knock offs and stick with the bread and butter. My 2 cents anyway.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Rhino
    replied

Originally posted by iQu'e
    And Rhino... sure you can see at screenshots if the map is absolutely horrible or not but everything in between is a big blur. Fact still remains that you haven't played it. Dust2 from the CS games would look like the most boring and poorly designed map ever if you haven't played it.
    Again, your talking gameplay, I'm talking quality.

if you really want I'll give a full review of the map after its release providing I can find the time.

Leave a comment:

• iQue
    replied

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
    Why is hitboxes not an issue for anyone else?? Vanilla is mostly played by adults not, good hitboxes would bring back a younger audience to the game.
    Fairly true but most people don't have any big problems and reworking the netcode could take months if not years... not worth the trouble at this point.

And Rhino... sure you can see at screenshots if the map is absolutely horrible or not but everything in between is a big blur. Fact still remains that you haven't played it. Dust2 from the CS games would look like the most boring and poorly designed map ever if you haven't played it.

Leave a comment:

• Numptie
    replied

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
    Lolz, some of em even entitle themselves 'Network Administrators', cough cough alex.....kid wouldn't know the first thing about Network Administration. Then again I guess configuring the MAC filter on your grandma's Linksys somewhat qualifies.
    arrogant much?

Leave a comment:

• 12:oc7ock
    replied

Originally posted by QcGuy View Post
    What I see on this site is a bunch of teenagers running it and are afraid to ask the hard in your face questions.

Leave a comment:

• DontKnockIt225
    replied

Net coding for decent hitboxes have been out for a long time now for other games. Its so obvious. Its better to do the simple things well than the complicated things badly. What is new maps when the core parts of the game still need work.

And this thread is nothing to do with mods. People are arguing over it to show off their knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• 12:oc7ock
    replied

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
    I think you mean Valve not Steam, also I was making the point that it is nice that Dice is supporting a three year old game, not that it is unheard of to support an old game.
    lol that too, never was a big HL2 fan :P

Leave a comment:

• Augustus
    replied

Worth noting BF1942's final patch was around 2 years after it was released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X