Microsoft Not Planning on Turning Profit With Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Not Planning on Turning Profit With Avatars

For Microsoft, the profitability on selling clothing and accessories for Avatars is very, very low. Product manager, Aaron Greenberg, suggested other ways for gamers to earn new clothing for their virtual self.
    “I don’t think there’s where you’re going to see a tremendous amount of revenue,” Greenberg said, phrasing his expression of Microsoft’s disinterest in selling Avatar clothing in way that argues there’s no profit in such a technique. Recently, Microsoft gave away the first batch of new Avatar clothing for free. They don’t think they’re leaving money on the table.

The kind of Avatar upgrading that Microsoft is interested in will involve gamers unlocking items for their Avatars through the games they are playing. The tools for this are now in the hands of developers. So when will we experience the first results? “As soon as developers get it done,” Greenberg said.
    Does this mean that we'll see a lot more free clothing released from Microsoft? Possibly. We'll just have to wait and see what develops.

Source

Re: Microsoft Not Planning on Turning Profit With Avatars

I really hope that they keep it free or incredibly cheap... As far as function goes, the Avatars have nudged the Wii a little closer to the pit of irrelevance. Home tho... Well I need to play with Home when I go home for winter break.

Comment

Probably just a response to Home's pricing policy.

Comment

hmm im perfectly content witht the one they give you lol

Comment

Working...
        X