SecuROM Used in Grand Theft Auto IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuROM Used in Grand Theft Auto IV

Good news GTA fans, it seems as though Grand Theft Auto IV will make use of everyone's favorite DRM software, SecuROM!

Yes, another high profile PC release - GTA IV this time - will be shipping with SecuROM. The usual arguments are being trotted out - on the one hand it is the publisher's best defence against piracy (the copyright infringement kind, not the Somali kidnappy variety) while on the other it is a horrible mess of code that will taint the PCs of legitimate consumers like digital scar tissue.

C'est la vie.
    In case you have forgotten, GTA4 arrives on the PC on December 2 in North America. Europe receives the game just a day later on November 3.

Source

Re: SecuROM Used in Grand Theft Auto IV

There will still be a crack within a week or two.

Comment

the game is usually leaked a day or two early on torrent sites. the crack will come a day or so later.

the problem with this one is the game uses games for windows live, not sure that will cause even more problems for the hackers out here.

ill probably will buy my copy depending on how reviewers like it and how my pc will run it

Comment

they can go ahead and put in the 5 activation limit bs, all they will be doing is losing a huge amount of sales and encouraging piracy

if its a simple disk check then its all good, although i wasn't planning on getting the game for a while anyways

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ View Post
          they can go ahead and put in the 5 activation limit bs, all they will be doing is losing a huge amount of sales and encouraging piracy

if its a simple disk check then its all good, although i wasn't planning on getting the game for a while anyways
          not sure how they're do it with the addition of games for windows live. i was planning on downloading it to see how it runs on my computer then if it runs good probably ask for it for my birthday (17th) or Christmas.

The game looks really really good but from a few articles ive read, it was being tested on a nice pc with a 280 gtx and a nice core 2 quad. i know my cpu should be good for it but im worried that my 8800gtx will not cut it while playing at 1680x1050 with it looking semi good. idk we're see.

I know this sounds dumb but im hoping that my video card dies soon. lately its been causing some games to freeze up on me and crashing and i have not had that problem since setting my overclocking. it will give me an excuse to buy a 280gtx (which i REALLY want) i could just go for a 216 core 260 but idk. i really really want that 512 bit memory interface and that 240 shader cores

Comment

Well this helped me make my decision.

Comment

As I asked in a previous thread (never got a response). Can't you just install the game to an external hard drive? That way you can move it from computer to computer.

Comment

probably not if the authentication system is based upon a computers specification it would make sense that it would check each time

Comment

From what I've heard SecuROM can detect when any major piece of hardware (graphics card for example) is changed.

So I presume moving it between computers will cause an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by =d][b=Ausden View Post
                    As I asked in a previous thread (never got a response). Can't you just install the game to an external hard drive? That way you can move it from computer to computer.
                    Here's the follow-up thread that some folks here may have missed...it answers some questions, and IF what Rockstar says is accurate, it seems to put aside some of the worst-case fears:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Although I have a feeling Dairuka still won't go near it given his recent traumatic experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X