A 15-year old boy has suffered a seizure and collapsed after a 24-hour marathon session of the new World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King.
Source
“They played all day and all night. Maybe they got a few hours of sleep. They ate a little food and breakfast at their computers,” the boy’s father told the Kvällsposten newspaper in Sweden.
Doctors told the father that his son’s bodily systems had been disrupted by a combination of sleep deprivation, lack of food, and the prolonged period of concentration playing the game.
The teenager and six friends are reported to have gathered at his home in Laholm, western Sweden, on Saturday to play the new version of the game which went on sale on Thursday. He collapsed at around 2pm yesterday.
The boy is expected to make a full recovery but his father said he plans on limiting the amount of time his son is allowed to play computer games.
His father also warned other patents about the dangers of their sons’ extended game playing. “They also think the boys need to reduce the amount of time they play and will themselves be more vigilant,” he said.
Parents, this is exactly why you should monitor your child's playing habits before it gets to be too late.Doctors told the father that his son’s bodily systems had been disrupted by a combination of sleep deprivation, lack of food, and the prolonged period of concentration playing the game.
The teenager and six friends are reported to have gathered at his home in Laholm, western Sweden, on Saturday to play the new version of the game which went on sale on Thursday. He collapsed at around 2pm yesterday.
The boy is expected to make a full recovery but his father said he plans on limiting the amount of time his son is allowed to play computer games.
His father also warned other patents about the dangers of their sons’ extended game playing. “They also think the boys need to reduce the amount of time they play and will themselves be more vigilant,” he said.
Source
Comment