Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlefield 2 Content Update

Attack choppers please!!!

People really act as if the game is UNPLAYABLE, stop bitching!

Comment

Originally posted by lmimmfn View Post
      i agree with MyIs Jeff, this is getting seriously stupid no matter what EA do there are hundreds of moaners lined up to just constantly moan and complain
      Im sorry sir, Im not the kind of guy who would enjoy being taken from behind. If you actually bothered to look around and take your fanboy glasses off, youd see that when it comes to BF2, there are a few moans and groans that are unjustified.

yes theyre are issues, yes some people pay a lot for servers( which is still their decision and its obviously still worth it ),
      You missed the point and why am I not surprised?

The point is- if you cash up that ammount of money, shouldnt that be common sense that youre treated equally to the sum? They are getting sh!tload of money, on a constant basis, yet its too hard for them to finally fix the game, or send out extra free content?!

Its still a fun game, its 2 years since release and were still getting free stuff
      Funniest pile ever- youve just left an impression as if DICE/EA are constantly streaming out free stuff. Youve got basically 3 new maps, one of them is a remake, others are funded by 3rd parties. They are not "giving" you "free stuff".

Buy a ubi game and youll come crawling back here, look at vegas, been out 6 months now, no SADS, no large patch, still on 1.04, major multiplayer issues, no servers, load of crap if you ask me
      UBI is worse than EA. But that shouldnt be a comfort nor excuse.

I personally dont give a sh!t anymore. But its damn fun to feel "passionate" about the subject for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Avrizic View Post
        If this map is ranked......why are none of my stats from the past 2 days showing up?
        I'm beginning to wonder the same thing... no stats have been added on for last night's 2 hours yet.

Of course, I'm not sure why a beta map is ranked in the first place... seems pretty silly and completely contrary to the idea of what a "ranked" server is supposed to be... but since it is there's no use arguing over it and as a result I want my damn points.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          Im sorry sir, Im not the kind of guy who would enjoy being taken from behind. If you actually bothered to look around and take your fanboy glasses off, youd see that when it comes to BF2, there are a few moans and groans that are unjustified.
          If im a fanboy ill eat my own hair and i promise that!!!!!, ive been to hell and back again with this game and some of its crappy issues, 1.3, stupid patch installer for SF's not to mention J10, server disconnects......... But youre missing my point here, i am truely sick to death of the constant moaning and groaning and "why isint there a picture of my hamster in the game comments", id love all of it to be fixed, its not going to happen, we get a free map, appreciate it, hopefully there'll be a patch, but no need to dis the fact that they released this map

You missed the point and why am I not surprised?

The point is- if you cash up that ammount of money, shouldnt that be common sense that youre treated equally to the sum? They are getting sh!tload of money, on a constant basis, yet its too hard for them to finally fix the game, or send out extra free content?!
          I agree, but were competing with the console market, its creating the sh!t load of money, this game is 2 years old, yes EA made a fortune, i never bought the boosters which im quite happy about, ideally it would be like valve and constantly update the engine, but EA being the slow monolith it is, thats not gonna happen either

Funniest pile ever- youve just left an impression as if DICE/EA are constantly streaming out free stuff. Youve got basically 3 new maps, one of them is a remake, others are funded by 3rd parties. They are not "giving" you "free stuff".
          Ok, so its better to sit moaning and get nothing else and complain that we got nothing???????????????

UBI is worse than EA. But that shouldnt be a comfort nor excuse.

I personally dont give a sh!t anymore. But its damn fun to feel "passionate" about the subject for once.
          UBI is a pile of crap, im not excusing EA but moaning about their overall strategy isint gonna change their world

I agree though, its great to have something to be passionate about

Comment

Chris do you still play the game or not. From your comments you sound like you hate the game and every copy should be put in a pile and burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa View Post
              Chris do you still play the game or not. From your comments you sound like you hate the game and every copy should be put in a pile and burned.
              i dont get that at all from his posts. i get the feeling hes a guy paying $250 a month for a server and hes finally reaching the end of rope because he just wants a little community support, its not to much to ask for, i don't understand why so many people think it is.

of course it would be too much to ask for if no income was being made from the game but as i mentioned, over $1.25 million dollars changes hands each month from bf2. EA doesnt even support their own boosters or expansion packs for christ sakes, they cant even put up servers for any of them, if it weren't for some poor saps paying for euro and af servers there would be none, how would ea sell the boosters then? support and regular content updates shouldn't be too much to ask for when so many people are banking on us all.

Comment

*FMJ*Power im not convinced, please correct me if im wrong( honestly id be pleased to know ), but EA have categorically stated several times that they make no profit from ranked servers

Comment

Originally posted by lmimmfn View Post
                  *FMJ*Power im not convinced, please correct me if im wrong( honestly id be pleased to know ), but EA have categorically stated several times that they make no profit from ranked servers
                  they do. all these server providers have to in turn pay royalty fees to EA for the "privilege" of running their game on the servers. of course the middle man (server provider) makes the most money but still, EA is making money from servers fees. thats why i said 1.25 mill changes hands each month, its not necessarily that much income but its that much capitol being exchanged each month all over a 2 year old game.

i just take a little more passionate approach towards it considering i've helped contributed to more than one server each month for the entire time bf2 has been out there. ive spent 99.9% more money on supporting this game than i did on buying the disc.

Comment

yeah but in turn id like to hear what the percentage is for those royalties also EA have top pay gamespy for storing the stats/accounts and EA being a bloated company im sure that anything that would be profit would be blown on idiot EA techs maintaining their side of things. Not standing up for them ive just never seen it included in the EA quarterly P&L( maybe it doesnt get that in depth though ) and ive already argued the same point with one of the community managers and he insisted they dont profit from them

On the flip side i think its crazy for them that/if theyre not making money from them

Comment

Amazing that one simple map could cause such a dispute.

It's sad to think that even with our community's point of view, DICE or EA are probably never going to do anything to fix our needs. They really just don't care the much about what the people think, and we can't help that because the ranking in the game has caused so many people mad driven to gain points, which in turn causes plenty of servers for money. IMO if the ranking and points and **** was taken out of the game I think BF2 would probably die down like BF1942 has (sadly). Or maybe people would actually start committing to team play like PR has done. For once wish I could play Karkand (or however you spell it) and not have the holy rain of grenades pour down from the sky.

Comment

Its Karkland, everyone knows that lmao

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowAssassin25 View Post
                          For once wish I could play Karkand (or however you spell it) and not have the holy rain of grenades pour down from the sky.
                          i dont think theres such a thing as nadeless karkand......heheheh

Comment

so, we still love the DIce?

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                              they do. all these server providers have to in turn pay royalty fees to EA for the "privilege" of ruining their game on the servers. of course the middle man (server provider) makes the most money but still, EA is making money from servers fees. thats why i said 1.25 mill changes hands each month, its not necessarily that much income but its that much capitol being exchanged each month.
                              Being someone that works in a large data center, with about as much bandwidth running into the building as the NSA, I feel you are right in saying yeah, they still come out ahead. They can say it all they want, but it does not cost that much to run a couple big Database Servers with a couple large arrays to host stats and ranked information. The bandwidth used for this also does not cost that much either compared to what they take in.

I can't agree well with the $250 a month number, I am sure that varies from place to place, but in the end, just like Blizzard makes a mess load of money per month on WoW, EA, is coming out well ahead with advertising and ranked costs.

When you say, oh it is important that DiCE recoups its cost for bring the product to the market, I am confident they made a healthy percentage back from BF2 and 2142. Lets not forget that they still made up costs because they did not package AF & EF and in some degree SF.

Every step of this franchise has been a test for EA on steps of squeezing a few more dollars out of the initial product. Like I just said, they are making money from:

1. Ranked Servers
                              2. In Game Advertising
                              3. Online Title Distribution
                              4. Minimal product support (I might be wrong but 2142 has gotten more support then BF2).

The whole product line has been a complete paradigm shift from how games make a buck for a company. EA is laughing its way to the bank because it's new model is raking in money from DiCE compared to other similar titles of this genre in gaming history. Sadly the engine is so poor that EA can't whore it out to other titles like Id would have done with Doom and Quake Engines, else they would have been making more royalties there as well.

I have heard it said a few times, people want patches, mod tools, and more content. Well, the content is free, it is out there in Mod maps. The tools? Well they are made already, it might be easy to tighten up or strip them down to release. And patches? Well, that can cost some money. But the first too are minimal so it should not be that hard to satisfy the community. And if they had not tripped on their d***s early on, we would have a lot less to complain about.

There are a lot of veterain gamers here who have seen how other games have worked, so saying we are ungrateful is kinda a stretch when the buckets of money being sent up the line to EA seem to go no where for a community that has played games from Epic and Id. Both companies that gave content out hand over fist...and still made a mint in wealth.

Comment

Played it and it was actually fun. They should remove jets, then it would be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X