Originally posted by PrototypeJC View Post
      Terrible map...they tried.
      what is terrible?

Comment

• Re: Battlefield 2 Content Update

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
        Free maps?

Let me enlighten you people.

There are probably over 100 free maps out there for you guys to download. Probably closer to 200 if you include mods.

All you need to do is play them.

Jeez.

Oh yeah, and as a bonus, they are AD FREE!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :nod: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Couldn't have said it better my man :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by micko_escalade View Post
          You guys are lucky,
          I installed mine on differnet drive (not c: ) and now I get this error

any suggestion?
          I suggest, dragging and dropping the .exe onto your E:\ drive and then try installing it that way. But I think it's delved within the .exe that the root folder is C:\ and Dice threw the installer together rather slopily.

Comment

it's cool for a free map.

Comment

My BF2 install is on a drive partition that isn't C, and it installed fine.

Maybe this is a case of a corrupt installer?

Comment

Any one remember this thread from 2005?

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25075 :laugh:

New map by Intel my arse, more money grabbing :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Dandred View Post

Thank You, I totally was wondering if this thing was some place in locked up in the vault at DiCE. Again, thanks DiCE...you're still not winning points here. Funny to catch people in a....

:yay: :salute:

Comment

Another weak map in the same failed style as the boosters. Mine MinE Mine for the single jet , everyone already whining theres no lame choppers to whore infantry with. Nothing worthwhile as usual to counter air power and bring any taste of rock paper scissors gameplay we all crave.

Impossible to get some fore thought on the designs apparently. The hundreds of polished community maps werent viable candidates, the pure newb level designers made it, weak and with plenty of glitches.

Sure we ***** for content in hopes of getting anything, BUT THIS. A lost village take off would be optimal but thats just wishful thinking and would work too well with this games horrific balance issues.

I fail to see how this map was in any way considered for infantry only mode. They make a new game mode then make the last two maps unfriendly for the mode. Rocket scientists over there.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
                      I am glad to see a map. Really I am! But I feel so negative about it for some reason. Like it is still a carrot on a stick. I already have Quake Wars Pre-Ordered which might have something to do with it. But the flip side to all this, is why did the team spend all that time cleaning up one new map, when they could have spent that time tightening up several community maps? After talking with one of the DiCE map designers, I learned it takes months to prepare a map for release. If that is the case, why did you guys take months to release this thing, instead of taking favorate community maps and spent that time just rerendering them for optimal performance? They are all ready made so that takes a couple weeks out the design process.

Thanks, I am happy something is coming, but honestly, I dont feel like pulling punches on this one. I can't understand why EA is so shortsighted on this one. If they want a return, offering a whole bunch of ready-made maps to the community in a ranked format will generate some more revenue that can be poured into another patch. BTW, where is all that advertising revenue for 2142 going anyways?

How hard is it to certify 5 community made maps for ranked play anyways?
                      Couldn't have said it better myself. There are so many GREAT community maps, Just look at some of the TBF2 Map packs.

Comment

Oh my fcking god, what a colossal burn!

Comment

Hahaha, holy crap. So they've had the map almost finished for almost 2 years, they were just waiting for someone to come forward and pay them enough to release it. That's hilarious.

Comment

EA has out of the blue released a new map for Battlefield 2 titled "Highway Tampa". Here's what they had to say about this new content:

Through a collaborative effort Intel and EA DICE are rolling out a new Battlefield map for players to battle on. Highway Tampa is a vehicle focused map that offers a game experience similar to classic 1942 desert warfare. Explore this stretch of the Arabian Peninsula in your choice of vehicle and work with your team mates to conquer the map for your team. Download the beta, join in the servers, and drive, fly, and destroy your way to victory. Then drop by the EA forums and let us know what you think. Also keep your eyes to the future as this stretch of desert will see combat across two generations of Battlefield. SO I GUESS THIS MEANS THEY IS A ADD ON , ON THE WAY WHICH IS NICE LOOK FORWARD TO FINDING OUT WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO CALL IT

and like to say thank you for a new map

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
                              Free maps?

Let me enlighten you people.

There are probably over 100 free maps out there for you guys to download. Probably closer to 200 if you include mods.

All you need to do is play them.

Jeez.

Oh yeah, and as a bonus, they are AD FREE!
                              lets face facts, as good as they might be noone is going to play anything unranked, the mods are a perfect example of that, about 2% of the bf2 population will play unranked servers.

i had no idea this map is almost 2 years old. isnt that a kick in the pants, acting like they are doing us a favor to give us a new map when in reality its a 2 year old failure they took out of the trash can, ouch.

listen, dont get me wrong, im all for new content anyway we can get it but they could of been honest. maybe we just need to bribe EA to get them to provide the mod support they promised 2 years ago because thats where the new content is.

EA is doing a wonderful job of tarnishing any positive reputation DICE had left, you almost have to feel bad for them. i whole heartedly believe that the dice guys want to do allot more for the community but ea is like a giant road block for them laying out hoops to jump through.

Comment

Im guessing that the map they had 2 years ago wasn't the same, maybe a totally different map. If it has the same name doesn't mean it's actually the same map.

Comment

Working...
                                X