• Re: Battlefield 2 Content Update

i want attack heli to take out the damn tanks

Comment

Obviously you didn't read the quote

Comment

Originally posted by Seth_Soldier View Post
          i remember that under bf42 we had more maps, an entirely army (oh canada :yay: )
          dice also made a ww2 minimod for bfv.

For bf2 they could certainly do fan-mappack and it would cost nothing.
          They could also highlight mods a lot more using their pop-up system etc ... to get more copy sold.
          couldn't agree more. there are some very talented mappers out there that im sure would happily submit some top notch maps in the chances theirs may get officially supported. not only that but it could be a great recruiting tool for dice and ea to pick up a few talented employees relatively cheap. you think EA would be all over any that involves saving a buck, heheheh.

Comment

Originally posted by Seth_Soldier View Post
            They could also highlight mods a lot more using their pop-up system etc ... to get more copy sold.
            Exactly, who is going to keep this game going long after it should be dead? the mod teams thats who, its bad enough for modders to work with the limited tools they have let alone hardly getting any spotlights from EA..im telling you 2 years on, there will be hardly if none ranked severs and only mod servers running.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo
              whoops.
              Yup

Im saying that patching for such a game as BF2 is really common sense and its done to not to lose the community and keep them happy. Which is why free content such as maps are also a welcomed marketing trick.

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
              Exactly, who is going to keep this game going long after it should be dead? the mod teams thats who, its bad enough for modders to work with the limited tools they have let alone hardly getting any spotlights from EA..im telling you 2 years on, there will be hardly if none ranked severs and only mod servers running.
              Thats because mods arent necessary for DICE. EA even less. BF2142 is doing the continuation and BFBC is in development. Their future is set and they probably got more from BF2 than they bargained for.

There is no DC to BF2. All they can do is to please the community and create a positive aura around themselves. Which they chose not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                i think they are banking that the ranks and unlocks will keep the game alive longer than mods. like you said, were 2 years down the road, give the mod teams the mod spotlight popup window they deserve and were promised.

its like they think helping these mod teams or mappers out is going to hurt the bottom line, its not, its going to sell more copies of the game if anything. server owners are still going to have to pay for servers and people are still going to have to by the game so ea will still get their trickle down.

i just think allot more steps should be made in the community support area, it will do nothing but benefit them more than anything in the long run. why not have a community map design contest where the winners get their maps in game as long as they meet certain design requirements. they could get new content and they wont have to pay anyone to make it.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                Yup
                There is no DC to BF2. All they can do is to please the community and create a positive aura around themselves. Which they chose not to do.
                there could be though, all ea would have to do is rank a mod. its amazing to watch what happens when a mod server shows as ranked; it fills up with players, there are a few out there whose server provider chose to rank them and they are the only ones that stay filled. the only two dcon servers populated are the bogusly ranked ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Yup

Im saying that patching for such a game as BF2 is really common sense and its done to not to lose the community and keep them happy. Which is why free content such as maps are also a welcomed marketing trick.

Thats because mods arent necessary for DICE. EA even less. BF2142 is doing the continuation and BFBC is in development. Their future is set and they probably got more from BF2 than they bargained for.

what is that bfbc u speak of?

Comment

I would be disappointed if "ranked" is all it would take. Ending BF2 stat tracking would perhaps do it better?

Originally posted by stephensolfo
                    what is that bfbc u speak of?
                    Battlefield Bad Company

Comment

Fix the server information not displaying the server IP and port. That's all I care for. The new map, I'm about to play right now, but the server information still isn't showing up, all the new maps they want to release won't make that problem go away...c'mon DICE, you had it working right from the beginning, what happeend?

Comment

• Re: New Content Update

Originally posted by Sgt.polka
                        They were 2 hours 10 minutes after Total. Total Net ftw!

Here's probably what happened
                        Originally posted by Chatlogs
                        Intel: Yo, Dice.
                        Dice: Sup.
                        Intel: Yo, I was just wondering, have you got a map going out to your fans?
                        Dice: Um, yeah we've got this one that Bjornn is working on. Why what's up?
                        Intel: Oh sweet, because, we have just hit the highest sales for our E6600 processors, and we here at Intel want to push the boundaries just that little bit more.
                        Dice: Oh yeah, and How can we help?
                        Intel: Well, just let me say I <3 u guyz and I play almost everyday on my lunch hour. Anyway, we were just wondering, can we have a few billboards? With Core 2 Duo plastered on them. We'll do the photoshopping and all that...
                        Dice: Oh and what do we get in return?
                        Intel: You're whole office will be upgraded with the latest Quad Cores for you guys to really excel in things...
                        Dice: That sounds like one hell of an idea. We'll give you some crates and boxes too that look like they have processors in them.
                        Intel: Oh, you guys. We <3 you. In that case, we'll give you a few Quad Cores to spread around the community too.
                        Dice: That's a deal.
                        Intel: Nice doing business with you.

Comment

cool! im so gettin my server up on this!

Comment

too little, too late
                            real mod support (updated editor, unhardcoding the guts of the game, official ranking) not a thrown together bland map paid for by Intel would win alot more goodwill long term

Comment

**** the map, I want the patch.

Comment

Anyone else notice in the installer that it said Battlefield 2 - Map Pack 1?

Maybe more to come

Comment

Working...
                                X