Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better?

Is a Radeon x1600 Pro 512 MB Graphics card

Buy POWERCOLOR X1600PRO 512MB AGP Radeon X1600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

The Nvidia:

Buy Open Box: ASUS GeForce 6800 512MB GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card N6800/TD/512M with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Or this:

Buy POWERCOLOR X800GTO 256MB AGP Radeon X800GTO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Which one is the best? I'm thinking of buying a card in the 150 dollar price range, and I'm limited to AGP cards for now. I'll have to upgrade my comp in order to use PCIe cards.

Re: Which is better?

i would so with nvidia but its open box so you have some risks

Comment

But teh nvidia is sooooo slow...only its memory speed is fast. The x1600 starts at 500 mhz...but the nvidia starts at 350 clock speed, which is the slowest of the three. Can you overclock it past 500 Mhz? Without a good cooling system? I'll only use the factory fan, heatsink, and a family fan to cool it. Also, those aren't the final products I'm buying...just the same product, possibly made by another developer, for around 150$.

Comment

i owuld go for the x1600, get a better cooler for it and OC it.

Comment

NO ways man, coolers are too expensive. My family fan takes the place of a relatively good fan, that would cost 14$+. My fan only cost $4. I could overclock the X1600 anyways, however I don't really like the memory clock speed of it. Only 800 with dual RADMAC's. But, back on topic, a water/good cooler would cost $100+, I might as well just get a better graphics card. I've got two fans in my PC, with the heatsink that comes attached. Then, adding in the fan that I've got pointed at my PC, that makes for an OK cooling system. Once winter rolls around, I'll be able to overclock it well, since my PC's in my basement.

Comment

oh if you have blowing on it ur set lol i used to do that, and it pretty much worked fine, try looking in ebay too.

Comment

Get the 6800, but as mentioned above, you're taking a small risk with open box products. It's not all about the core speed of a card, you have to take a look at the pipelines and memory modules to see what's good and what's not. The X800GTO seems better than the X1600 Pro, but if you're looking for a X1600 Pro with an aftermarket cooler, try a HIS brand card (LINK).

Comment

Working...
              X