Clear All

Re: Eve of Destruction 2 Mod Update

awesome!!!! Aussies, ARVN and VC!

Comment

Good update guys .

Comment

I'm very worried that the nerfing of the sniper class in this patch will not go far enough. I have one advice for this patch to save this mod from dying a premature death: OVERCOMPENSATE when it comes to nerfing the sniper. Make the class REALLY BAD. If no one uses it anymore - good. It can then be readjusted in a future patch.

Maybe another thing: REALLY REALLY try hard to get an incremental update to work..a lot of people (especially those who don't have download site subscriptions) will hesitate to download another gig again with the same content.

And one last thing: If you can't get incremental to work...are you sure there is not one extra map lying around that you can throw into this patch? That would really give people an incentive to dl again.

Comment

Looking good guys

Comment

As we have said in the past, the first versions of EoD are aimed at the infantry side of things, once we are happy that that is ballanced and running stable we will be introducing jets, more tanks and new maps etc...

This will probably happen around 1.5 - 2.0 versions of the mod at a guess.

As we have also said, we won't go adding masses of new equipment when there are issues with the old to sort out, so that's what we are doing now.

We had problems with the incremental patch where some testers were not getting stable instals so we decided to re-release a cleaned up version of the mod as a full install to save all the issues that would arise, future patches will be offered as a patch and on occasions a full build also.

For those that didn't check the site here's the change list:

Originally posted by Trahn_Lee_Liao
            The following is a list of some of the tweaks and changes we ended up employing to the v1.1 build of the mod.

Soldier Classes

1. Sniper Kit Classes, USAR, NVA and VC:
            * Tweaked all sniper rifles to have more recoil, bullet deviation and bullet drop. Reduced amount of ammo carried.
            * Removed cross hair on all sniper rifles.
            * Dropped number of ammo clips on secondary weapon to 2.
            * Removed hand grenades and replaced with smoke grenades for cover.
            * Dropped number of deployable ap mines to 1. 2 allowed in the world if resupplied.
            2.Medic Classes, USAR, NVA and VC:
            * Reduced number of handgrenades to 2 and added colored purple smoke for US medic. VC medic gets blue smoke.
            * Reduced number of ammo clips for secondary weapon to 2.
            3. Point Man, USAR:
            * Originally, this class was going to have the M79 as the primary weapon as reported in first posting of the change log. We decided not to do this at this time. We will probably just have the M79 kit as a pickup kit at a future date.
            * This feature not implemented Added New Pointman Class. M79 is primary weapon, 5 HE 40mm grenades.
            * Dropped number of M79 smoke grenades to 2 and increased reload time to prevent smoke spamming.
            4. Point Man, NVA and VC:
            * Added additional smoke grenade, from 1 to 2.

5. Additional Updates
            * Updated CF, NVA and VC soldier mesh.
            * Added New SF Soldier and Skin.
            * Added in New Smoke Grenade for Sniper Class.
            * Added silenced CAR-15, to SF Pointman Class as a unlockable.
            * Reduced number of rounds in Colt 1911 pistol from 13 to 8.
            * Increased number of rounds in TT-33 to 9.
            * Most other handweapons, had increases in number of magazines by 1.
            * Increased PPSH clip ammo from 30 to 35.
            * Stationary weapons given ammo count. No longer are they unlimited.
            * Tweaked mortar firing sound to not be heard throughout map.
            * Tweaked mortar firing rate to reduce spamming.
            * Updated vehicle mounted M60 hit power.
            * Increased travel of mounted M60 on Helicopters.
            * Gave M60 ammo count, no longer unlimited amount.
            * Added additional ammo to ZPU-4.

Map Tweaks

1. Added SP and Co-Op support to several maps:
            * Close Fire, Dawn at the Rice Paddies, Radio Tower and Truong Son Chasm.
            2. Fixed Single Player and/or Co-Op support for:
            * Deep Jungle, Lost in Vietnam Day, Lost in Vietnam Night, Purple Haze and Who'll Stop the Rain.
            Above Singleplayer or Co-op fixes or additions thanks to our friends at: https://www.battlefieldsingleplayer....ld.gamespy.com Thanks to several members there for their support. (soco11, Death Enforcer, M.Combat, Zinnstein)
            3. Replaced kits on Deep Jungle and Stream with proper SF Kit types.
            4. Updated Deep Jungle, lighting and added alternate paths up mountain.
            5. Updated Dawn at the Rice Paddies.
            6. Updated River Run.
            7. Updated River Run the Aftermath.
            8. Updated Overrun.
            9. Updated Overrun the Beginning.
            10. Updated We Were Soldiers Once to prevent Crashing, 32p and 64p.
            11. Updated Lost in Vietnam Night to prevent Crashing, 64p.
            12. Updated Lost in Vietnam Day.
            13. Updated Radio Tower to prevent Crashing, 32p and 64p.

Vehicle Tweaks

1. Fixed missing network code on M151A2 Jeeps.
            2. Fixed missing network code on Gaz69 Jeep Mounted DSHK.

Vegitation Tweaks

1. Fixed collision mesh issue with some custom vegitation (bushes) and projectiles. Projectiles now pass through all leaf areas.
            2. Fixed issue with Vine Tree.

Once again, stay tuned for more breaking news on the pending release of mod build v1.1.

There are more fixes as posted in our last update.

Hope this clears things up.

Comment

One important thing..sniper rifles should not be one-shot kills if no head-shot. There is no logical reason why they should have different damage characteristics than any other rifle in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by GenHoffmann View Post
                Maybe another thing: REALLY REALLY try hard to get an incremental update to work..a lot of people (especially those who don't have download site subscriptions) will hesitate to download another gig again with the same content.
                Like the news state, you wont need a subscription, there will be a torrent ready for the release. Just get your BitTorrent client warmed up and enjoy the speed :]

Comment

lol that last pic looks like B.J. Honey Cut off the show M.A.S.H.....
                  WHic was based in vietnam
                  good job guys! lol I want pierce though. :P

Comment

Originally posted by HARMZ View Post
                    Will the australians use the weapons that they used in vietnam such as the SLR L1A1, or will you give them a US gun.

And how have you done the voices.
                    They have an SLR.. Amongst some other weapons. Voices will be done by our Aussie sound maker Cees.

Originally posted by GenHoffmann View Post
                    I'm very worried that the nerfing of the sniper class in this patch will not go far enough. I have one advice for this patch to save this mod from dying a premature death: OVERCOMPENSATE when it comes to nerfing the sniper. Make the class REALLY BAD. If no one uses it anymore - good. It can then be readjusted in a future patch.

And one last thing: If you can't get incremental to work...are you sure there is not one extra map lying around that you can throw into this patch? That would really give people an incentive to dl again.
                    First, I did do an incremental patch.. It ended up being 850mb in size. With how EA archives their files, most patch probgrams, will take the archived file if it has changed, even if you only changed one item within the archived file. While it worked fine for most of the people who tested. Some of the crew were having issues with it.

Therefore, another reason to go with a full build. I wish I could find an easier way. I do not have the resources to purchase an archive/patching program such as the one EA uses to do patch updates. I am poor. I have to use the cheaper utilities that are available to me.

I looked at using winrar to do the patch, but then, you run the risk of people not properly installing or unraring things to the proper place. It is not fool proof. That puts you back to a patch utility. I will keep looking around. I am sure I will come up with something that is easier for the next update.

I also want to clarify one thing in the changelog...

* Removed cross hair on all sniper rifles.

Should be rewritten to be.....

* Removed cross hair on all sniper rifles. When not scoped or zoomed.

They still have a cross hair when you scope out or zoom into your target. They just do not have one when you are running around unscoped anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by stronin
                      lol that last pic looks like B.J. Honey Cut off the show M.A.S.H.....
                      WHic was based in vietnam
                      good job guys! lol I want pierce though. :P

Mash was not situated in the vietnam war,i made that mistake too,it was situated in the Korean War.

Comment

The aussies got mad after some tard thought it would be a good thing to
                        not allow beer in vietnam for us and australian troops
                        The Aussies refused to fight...not long after that BEER was allowed again

bababa beer...from `nam
                        it taste good btw

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.NightFire View Post
                          Mash was not situated in the vietnam war,i made that mistake too,it was situated in the Korean War.
                          Quite right sir, lol didn't know that myself till now.

Either way, that last render they have and BJ look awefully similar...

Comment

I am just sorry that yall listened to the same pansy emo kids who just couldn't stand to be sniped once in a while and who also complained about noob toobs, and J-10's in Vanilla. I RARELY get sniped on your mod, and I have played it for probably 20-30 hours or more now. The only thing that will happen is they will start to get owned by something else and then complain about it as well. It will be BF2 Vanilla all over again. Instead of adjusting the game to the pansies, how about letting them adjust for once. I love the fact that there is no freakin UAV and that you have to actually use something called STEALTH to find an advantageous position that both gives you cover and a field of fire. If you want to adjust the 1 shot kills, thats fine, because that is what we are all used to anyway, but taking away grenades......come on!! Do you really want to make this into another Counter Strike clone like BF2 has become? Why do you think so many people have stopped playing? I love your mod. The maps are awesome with all the heavy vegetation. The rain effects are pretty d@mn sweet. I love being able to scout out new sniper nests before others have really learned the maps yet. I don't exclusively play sniper, I have played all of the kits but since I mostly played sniper on Vanilla, that's what I go to. Incidentally, pretty much the only time that I get sniped is when I am playing sniper and stay in one position for too long. While playing other kits I don't exactly sit there waiting to be shot like what appears to be happening to all the whiners. Every time I play there is always some crybaby who keeps getting sniped because he keeps trying to camp in the same old spot who starts bi@tching and moaning about snipers. Learn to adjust, and snipers can be effectively neutralized. Don't wait on the mod developers to give you a nerfed game. It's just like freaking welfare. If your lazy a55 is hungry, don't wait on the check from Uncle Sam, go get yourself a d@mned job!

Comment

way to generalize

Comment

ulm4lyf;
                                The problem is not that people gets killed by snipers, its that there are too many snipers per team, which leads to a different gameplay then what was intended.

Comment

Working...
                                X