Eve of Destruction 2 Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eve of Destruction 2 Mod Update

Ya the size kinda sucks to download again, but comon folks! Do you think they are trying to do it to us? Love the mod, bring on more good stuff. So how long will we wait before 1.5 or v2? that seems a long time to me. If it was a gig for anything else people wouldnt complain. Oh ya and "ulm4lyf" No offense bud, but no one likes to hear the ol' " I never get sniped......" thing. You do make some valid points however.

Comment

Sorry about the size guys.. Blame EA for it.. If anyone here has a copy of thier patching software. Then by all means, send it our way...lol.. It is a public use utility, but it is not free-ware and I do not have, nor does the EoD Mod team, the financial resources to purchase said software.

This is a free mod. I have already spent a small amount money for this mod to get items, hosting, servers, etc. Several hundreds of dollars to be exact and I do not get paid back. I don't mind putting a few bucks out here and there for this mod, because I enjoy it alot. I cannot put out several thousands of dollars for software to create a patch.

As I posted in another post within this thread.. EA archived the game. There is not much out there that will unzip things, add content and rezip. Sure, we could just do secondary client_objects or server_objects, like they did for adding the common SF stuff into bf2, but that can get messy.

You either have to make something user friendly so that anyone can use it or you are stuck doing a complete build.

The patch we created was not user friendly to all parties involved. It worked for half the test team. The other half was getting errors with it. I could not take a chance that it would run smooth for everyone, as in the limited test we had, it was having issues. Therefore, the next best solution, was to just do a complete build. I hope, for future releases, to find some other solution that is user friendly and we then not have to have such a big download.

We've released a torrant link for the client on our website. It is passworded. Password will be released at 3:00am EST.

Watch the download section here at Total BF2 as well. S'Demon will have it up and going soon!

Comment

torrent
        gameupdates.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gameupdates.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

wish we could get the pass a lil sooner though :cry:

Comment

Working...
        X