Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

It's just from where the upper handguard extends behind the rear sight. If I took that off, it would look virtually the same.

Regardless of the adjustment points, the front sight should still be aligned with the rear V-Notch, not the posts that contain the retaining pin

Comment

Very nice update. I was longing to see a few shots putting it all together and this has done the trick! Thanks FH.

Comment

this mod has the best media and company of artists that i've ever seen from a BF2 mod. great work to everyone involved, everything looks ace. i wasn't really anticipating for any mod to come out but this has seriously caught my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo[FH]
          Sisko, the german law is clear about the issue: swastikas, SS runes and some other forbidden symbols can't be showcased in games.

Games like CoD, MoH, etc must release special versions for the german market, the most funny example is return to castle wolfenstein, in the german version the enemies are not nazis, they are some kind of secret german society afaik.

If we use swastikas the german websites and games magazines can't showcase our news, german servers can't host the mod and even our german devs could have legal troubles.
          Yeah no worries man. Thanks for enlighting me, I didnt realise things were that crazy in Germany. I remember a friend told me the indiana jones was banned in Germany & I thought he was taking the piss. I guess he wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by [USI]M0ldyM!LK
            It's just from where the upper handguard extends behind the rear sight. If I took that off, it would look virtually the same.

Regardless of the adjustment points, the front sight should still be aligned with the rear V-Notch, not the posts that contain the retaining pin
            Thanks for the feedback!

I was strifing left (while prone) when i took that shot. The sight right now is laser point accurate when you are crouched or prone. Ask Lighting or Lobo :laugh:

I'm redoing the sites right now for 85mm fov. This way it's more of a rifle than a Sniper weapon. A little less blur on the backend too I think. See what you think. It's not set in stone, so I'm open for suggestions.

Comment

Yeah, it should be like a normal rifle instead of a sniper. A sniper rifle should have huge zoom so that it's really good at long range. The normal rifle shouldn't have any zoom, so that it's much better in close and medium range than a sniper rifle (the zoom on the sniper has to be very large so that you don't get those annoying rambo snipers and so it's harder to follow targets at medium/close range, right now in BF2 the zoom is perfect for the n00b snipers so they can go rambo, same with CoD2)

I think the blur should be kept, it keeps it's unique BF2 ironsights feel, the front (pin-thing) should be a little sharper though.

Comment

yeah the blur really adds to it I think.

Comment

Thanks very much for putting it all together.
                  Nice to see soldiers with all these vehicles / bldgs / etc !!!

Very excited.

Cheers.

Comment

yay! FH do it again! gj guys

Comment

I always thought Operation Aberdeen was fictional.

Comment

Originally posted by Rad
                        Thanks for the feedback!

I was strifing left (while prone) when i took that shot. The sight right now is laser point accurate when you are crouched or prone. Ask Lighting or Lobo :laugh:

I'm redoing the sites right now for 85mm fov. This way it's more of a rifle than a Sniper weapon. A little less blur on the backend too I think. See what you think. It's not set in stone, so I'm open for suggestions.

No problem, it's my job as a Mauser whore :laugh:

Now if you really want some neat-o stuff here, take this into account:

When shooting without optics using open sights, once you line up the front and rear sights, you adjust your focus to only the front sight and target (this will make your groupings tighter). So if you blurr the rear sight a bit, keep the front sharpened, but blurr the screen around everything except the target area, that would be just plain awesome in my opinion

...If this is even possible, I wouldn't know, I'm just a tester

Comment

Originally posted by Snipers0
                          I always thought Operation Aberdeen was fictional.
                          Operation Aberdeen was a British armored attack during one phase of the Gazala campaign, in mid-1942. The action is often referred to by other names-- like the battle for "The Cauldron" which refers to a pocket of Axis forces temporarily stranded in the midst of the Allied defensive positions--so googling Operation Aberdeen mostly brings up references to the Bf1942 map.

Comment

Wow this just keeps getting better! Great work guys, as ever. Looking forward to release.

Comment

FH2 FTW (that rhymezz )

Comment

Arnt the germans holding the mp40 wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X