Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

That would be awesome if there was no hud or minimap (just a compass instead) it would be more realistic and original for BF2 mods. Though it looks like they were just cropped out of the pic. Anyways great job and keep up the great work. I am eagerly waiting for this mod to be released, but please by all means take your time to perfect this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by UH60BHPilot
      z0mg 1st post yay!

In all seriousness those are absolutely beautiful. Great job FH!

BTW, is the rifleman left handed? Or was he just strafing left and it appears that way?
      lol I hope he's strafing. I've never seen a left handed man hold the trigger with his right

By the way that rifle looks absolutely amazing and better than anything I could imagine based on the renders. You guys truly are providing a wonderful service with this mod.

Comment

It might be just me, but the hands look kinda skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnilon
          That would be awesome if there was no hud or minimap (just a compass instead) it would be more realistic and original for BF2 mods. Though it looks like they were just cropped out of the pic. Anyways great job and keep up the great work. I am eagerly waiting for this mod to be released, but please by all means take your time to perfect this masterpiece
          you nee somekind of HUD, you need to tell how much ammo you have left
          I want to see you guys bring back the old BF1942 HUD. that would be cool

Comment

Wow looks great.

BTW I thought the german flag in ww2 was that red one with the swastika.

So whats this flag I see here?

Is it that that was flag the army used and was the red one just for the party?

Its just that in ww2 films its always that red flag we see. Please excuse my ignorance , google didnt help. I typed german ww2 flags and I dont get the one in that screenshot.

Comment

I believe they use that symbol for the German flags because the swastika and other Nazi Party symbols are outlawed in Germany.

Update looks good. It's nice to see some ingame action.

Comment

Originally posted by alcancer
                I believe they use that symbol for the German flags because the swastika and other Nazi Party symbols are outlawed in Germany.
                got it in one my friend! don't want our deutsch friends missing out on the action!

Comment

If you feel that takes away from some of the realism, just wait about a month or so after release and I'm sure you'll see some client side "Realism Texture Packs" like there were for FH1.

Comment

wow thats pretty insane. I mean...that really messed up. WW2 happend, get over it, the germans shouldnt feel guilty but they shouldnt cover things up either.

Loads of other countries went insane and tried to take over the world many times in history.

At least the germans admit it was wrong, where as many of the others are actually proud of conquering other nations.

Soz I could go on, but I dont wanna spoil this thread on a what looks to be a great mod. I'm just a little shocked. Jesus germany needs to move on. Be proud.

Comment

This is without a doubt the best and highest quality MOD in development, and everyone knows it by looking at these renders and screenshots.

Comment

Indeed! I was actually sick of ww2 games, and the thought of a ww2 mod wasnt too apealing to me until I actually started seeing the screenshots of this mod.

Very high quality stuff

Comment

Sisko, the german law is clear about the issue: swastikas, SS runes and some other forbidden symbols can't be showcased in games.

Games like CoD, MoH, etc must release special versions for the german market, the most funny example is return to castle wolfenstein, in the german version the enemies are not nazis, they are some kind of secret german society afaik.

If we use swastikas the german websites and games magazines can't showcase our news, german servers can't host the mod and even our german devs could have legal troubles.

Comment

Great work FH!

Since I'm not registered on the FH forums, I'll do this here, as it's apparent that the FH DEVs read this --

One thing bugging me:

In this screenshot, it appears that the sight picture isn't properly aligned with the the rear v-notch, but the studs that hold the sight-ladder retaining pin (although it may just be that the player was moving at the time, but I don't know, so just in case, I'm pointing this out)

I took some pics of my Mauser (Yugoslavian M48, basically a Yugo K98, with some minor differences. The sights are a LITTLE different, but still have the same sight picture)

Attempt at taking a picture of proper sight picture. Not spot on ( way off if I were actually shooting ), but close enough to see where things should be.

FH's sights are lining the front sight up with the struts where the sight leaf retaining pin goes (the 2 things sticking up at the top), instead of the V-Notch (at the bottom)

Hopefully this is of some use?

Great work overall however!

Comment

I think that yugo must be diferent, check this pic

http://www.gunpics.net/ironsights/k98a.JPG

Comment

Great update, but: the wrists and hands seem too thin. A soldier should have rougher hands...they look like hands of a computer nerd or a pianist...
                                Also, they all look alike, like clones or something. I hope to see more different faces. The weapons seem to have weird sizes; the pistols and the mp40 seem too big. The clothes seem too rigid and "plastic" looking, don't know why. The textures are very good and so are the overall proportions, unlike anything out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X