This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlefield 1.4 Patch Delayed

Wow... it's now the 24th and still no patch. I refuse to buy any more EA porducts untill I can play Battlefield 2 with no crashes.

I'm not buying bf2142 thats for sure!

Comment

Community Relations just suck in this company. if they even know such a thing exists.

Comment

I have one thing to say......

Class action law suit.

Everyone knows the reasons why, could you imagine if every BF2 player got together and filed a class action against EA?

Yeah I know it wouldn't happen but just think if it did.....

56 Titan

Comment

forget 1.4..

poe2

Comment

Originally posted by 56thTitan
            I have one thing to say......

Class action law suit.

Everyone knows the reasons why, could you imagine if every BF2 player got together and filed a class action against EA?

Yeah I know it wouldn't happen but just think if it did.....

56 Titan
            A classic uncle sam response there. Why all the hate? Just play the beta or FEAR Combat in the meantime and a patch will show up when they're ready to release one.

Comment

Hi guys our server went down larst night (III Clani3 III) and this morning it is back up we have done some tests and it is now running a diffront patch so we think it is 1.4.

Comment

Quote: EAUK_Sentience

As an update to progress with the delayed 1.4 patch, the patch has now passed initial re-testing but has yet to pass final approval before it is prepped for release. When this has happened the patch will be staged for release and we will let you all know. Once again we appologise for any frustration this delay is causing however it has occured to ensure the patch is as solid as possible.

Comment

man am i ever glad I didn't pay for BF2 and was lucky a friend gave me his CD-key. I was dumb enough to buy SF for the unlocks though.

the fact that EA would release games before they're ready is a testament to their devotion to the bottom line and not the game itself.

BF2 has potential but it's publishers like EA who destroy games by rushing them out before putting real effort into ensuring a stable experience. It's not just BF2, there are a slew of EA published games. I remember beta testing C&C Renegade, another game with loads of potential, we in the community back then would post on their official forums telling them that it wasn't ready to be released and we were right, EA didn't care. I still bought Renegade for the unmatched base vs. base FPS/RTS hybrid style.

We have to blame ourselves as much as we blame EA, because were the ones who keep supporting their money whoring ways.

end rant.

Comment

Originally posted by JimGoose
                    because were the ones who keep supporting their money whoring ways.
                    end rant.
                    are you kidding? cause i am sure i got you as saying you didnt even buy the bf2 disc!

let us who paid for this product moan if we wish, and its no wonder they are 'money whoring', as you put it, if everyone like you is bootlegging them to high heaven.

i am as stingey as the next man when it comes to apps and stuff on the pc, but when i enjoy and invest as much time as i do in this franchise, i thought i would go legit for the entire bf2 series.

Comment

Originally posted by UltrAdamSki
                      are you kidding? cause i am sure i got you as saying you didnt even buy the bf2 disc!

let us who paid for this product moan if we wish, and its no wonder they are 'money whoring', as you put it, if everyone like you is bootlegging them to high heaven.

i am as stingey as the next man when it comes to apps and stuff on the pc, but when i enjoy and invest as much time as i do in this franchise, i thought i would go legit for the entire bf2 series.
                      I borrowed a firend's copy and liked it so much I bought my own. I think that's totally reasonable. The demo left much to be desired and didn't expose the full scope of it's potential to the prospective consumer. Beleive what you want because frankly, I don't care, but if this guy's friend gave him the CD key it means he is not playing anymore which means that the paid game is being used ifnot by his friend, then by him when his friend is not playing and vice versa. It all evenc out in the works. BTW I do think that if a game is good enough you should pay for it. If the demo blows then do some research before paying for it.

Comment

I managed to grab the leaked 1.4 patch before it was taken down and have it now running great on my system. I don't play much online as I have grown tired of online play so my games are mostly against bots or coop with some buddies.

1.3 broke the bots and this new patch has fixed everything made bad in 1.3. As far as stability, my games have been very stable and not one CTD yet. As a matter of fact, I saw a slight increase in FPS when running at 1280x1024. My machine is also running 64 bots and not once has it stuttered.

Anyways, if you are interested in singleplayer or coop play, check out this thread over at BattleFieldSinglePlayer that has reports on everyone who is running the leaked patch. Feel free to PM my account over there with a request for the leaked patch url. So far about thirty people have downloaded it and have all been happy. Most said they had to perform a clean install of Bf2 though, so granted that is a bummer. Here is the link to the thread on the leaked patch...

Thanks,

pc_load_letter

Comment

omfg trust them to start gettin everyone excited for the new patch then tell everyone the patch is delayed

Comment

It was all a joke there is no patch :laugh: sorry!

Comment

this has got to be the most awaited patch of all time

Comment

Originally posted by pc_load_letter
                                I managed to grab the leaked 1.4 patch before it was taken down and have it now running great on my system. I don't play much online as I have grown tired of online play so my games are mostly against bots or coop with some buddies.

1.3 broke the bots and this new patch has fixed everything made bad in 1.3. As far as stability, my games have been very stable and not one CTD yet. As a matter of fact, I saw a slight increase in FPS when running at 1280x1024. My machine is also running 64 bots and not once has it stuttered.

Anyways, if you are interested in singleplayer or coop play, check out this thread over at BattleFieldSinglePlayer that has reports on everyone who is running the leaked patch. Feel free to PM my account over there with a request for the leaked patch url. So far about thirty people have downloaded it and have all been happy. Most said they had to perform a clean install of Bf2 though, so granted that is a bummer. Here is the link to the thread on the leaked patch...

Thanks,

pc_load_letter
                                lol liar......

Comment

Working...
                                X