Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Operation Peacekeeper v0.15 Released

Originally posted by CensoredByGod
    I played Ambush for 2 rounds here's my take...

Pro's

Excellent use of terrain, you can go anywhere on foot and really get around the map with some stealth.

Armor is nice, but not a lot of help against other armor. Took forever to blow up a truck with the AA tank.

Spec Ops gun is off the hook, just a shredder. Loved it.

Cons

Helicopters are way over powered, theres not one kit or Vehc that can take it down with any regularity (At least on this map). I tried using the AA vehc to take one down from close range and barely scratched him even though I over heated my gun twice!! First round I played I died 6 times, all from trying to take down a chopper. I got 21 kills with my gun though so it was ok. Second round was better cause I just avoided the choppers.

CTD's, unlike vBF2 everytime the server changes maps I CTD when I hit join.

Overall a great mod from what I played, just wish every mod didnt have to make airpower so prevalant. Ill be playing more later and give the rest of the maps a go.

Great Job on the mod!!
    I agree with you CBG. Especially on the airpower comment.

There might also be some exploiting going on as I watched a MGunner actually shoot through a hill.

Also Tanks are waaaaayyyy too fast. If their not meant to be realistic that's OK then...If they are well....tweak away.

Just my comments...not a rant.

Comment

the commander isn´t really at work atm. We removed the UAV, and athe Artillery. We think taht thsi "features" is one of the greatest gameplaykiller.

No everybody spot people. More teamwork happen.

The "Binocular" is only for spotting atm. no more function until now. A test, a tool for teamplay. OPK is WIP, so you will ever find tools who are palyable, but not final. there are plans for commandertools, but "surprise surprise"

We decide that our community can play OPK, even our mod isn´t finished yet.

To run a mod you need a copy of BF2 and our full installer of 0.15. The insatller search the right folder and then you only have to click "install". working automatic.

You can start then OPk directly with the shortcut on your desktop, like Bf2.

Comment

nice one ill give this a shot

Comment

Originally posted by Osis
          the commander isn´t really at work atm. We removed the UAV, and athe Artillery. We think taht thsi "features" is one of the greatest gameplaykiller.
          Guess the commander hack works on your mod then cause I 'm sure I 've seen UAV 's when playing OPK... damn cheaters :evil: .

Comment

Here is an alternate US download mirror for the new Mod.

Battlefield 2 game downloads, Battlefield 2 video trailers. Battlefield 2 related game files. Fast downloads, no registration.

Comment

TORRENT DOWNLOAD

Sorry, i know it´s late...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog
                Guess the commander hack works on your mod then cause I 'm sure I 've seen UAV 's when playing OPK... damn cheaters :evil: .
                Don't jump to conclusions: The person was driving a scout vehicle, most likely the APC. I had UAV with it, driving around.

I played for like 6hrs last night (gotta love vacation time), much better than the original release.

For those looking for a weapon which will destroy the helicopters? All you need is one clear shot from the anti-tank rocket, or one good shot from a heavy tank, takes out the helicopter instantly.

The infantry combat mixed with tank and air support is a great mix. I haven't really found one vehicle or kit which is too overpowering.

The only real complaint I have, and I'm not sure where on the reticle I should aim, is the sniper rifle. I tried and tried getting clean headshots with both sides sniper rifles, I couldn't do it. Did OPK add bullet drop? If so, anyone have a range setting?

PEACE

Comment

This mod is AWESOME. I can't imagine what it will be like when it goes final.

I love the "feel" of the game, the aircraft, the vehicles, especially the leopard Tank, it's fast!

This is going to be a popular mod. I threw a server up last night, here is the info:

IP: 70.96.188.192:16567
                  Name: BF2 Operation Peacekeeper 0.15

24 Players - No TKing, No Vulgar Language, Have Fun!

Enjoy.

Comment

OMG BBQ SAS LMFAO ROFL LOL RAF!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!111! 3% downloaded so far at 52 kb/sec Damn my computer Ne way it better b good but just in case i'm downloadin project Reality aswell

Comment

damn, i've installed this mod, but is a problem, when im trying to play online the game crash to desctop , but offten but always, whats wrong?

do you have the same problem?

Comment

Mod is good. I like the inf maps the most. I dislike that big valley map with the bridge, don't see much action. Most guns seem to have too much recoil. German sniper rifle is sick, however the SVD seems horribly inaccurate.

Comment

I just played OPK on battle of tutin and saw a billboard saying " point of existence out now" .. pretty strange ,, I guess one of the creators is active in both mods

Comment

no, was only a joke to other modteams. OPk is full of hidden jokes. .

CTD? on bogovina? set your terrain to "medium". Bogovina crashes with low terrain.

Other idea is to install the full OPK, if you used the incremental, some people got problems with the patch.

recoils and sniper: the trick: hold a second quiet. then you got a perfect shot. OPK is not the arcadegame like BF2, but not so hard like PRMM.

Comment

I dont like OPK. I found that devs made slightly overpowered weapons and vehicles for German side (more accurate or powerful, depends on the class). What a shame... I hope POE2 will be not so unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by hrhr
                                I dont like OPK. I found that devs made slightly overpowered weapons and vehicles for German side (more accurate or powerful, depends on the class). What a shame... I hope POE2 will be not so unbalanced.
                                complete wrong. most of the weapons are equal to the counterpart. Scorpion/MP2 , G36/M21, Mg3 / m76

only difference is m76/g22

so that comment is completly wrong. But that shows how subjectiv a game experience could be...

Comment

Working...
                                X