• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Point of Existence 2 Mod Update

I just might hate for one thingy: the downloadsize
    But for the rest, I like it!

Comment

I am sure there will be torrents available .

Comment

Something about the tank with the Snow camo looks like it wasnt finished. Then again, it wont matter when I am taking out planes with it.

I wasnt a fan of the first POE, than again, I wasnt a fan of anything surrounding BFV. Hopefully this one gets me going, becasue BF2 has nothing left in it for me.

Cool that you guys got CTF working, since no one else seems able to do it. Either DICE doesnt care that Conquest is boring, and we want more, or they just cant pay thier coders to do it.

Hopefully there are more modes with the upcomming MODs than just conquest as well, god knows we need it. I miss objective modes, remember the Bunkers?

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt
          Something about the tank with the Snow camo looks like it wasnt finished. Then again, it wont matter when I am taking out planes with it.
          Everybody nitpicks, it looks fine.

Cool that you guys got CTF working, since no one else seems able to do it. Either DICE doesnt care that Conquest is boring, and we want more, or they just cant pay thier coders to do it.
          Actually, it has been working for some time, do some research please. Its good to see a new twist on it, and I hope more teams incorporate it into thier MOD.

Hopefully there are more modes with the upcomming MODs than just conquest as well, god knows we need it. I miss objective modes, remember the Bunkers?
          I remember the Bunkers, so does everyone else. I think you will be surprised at how many modes come out in the nest few MODSs to drop. It should really turn a dying community into a strong one. At least for those who are really into the MOD scene, the rest can run to 2142, lol. We wont really miss them, at least, not on the killing fields.

Nice work POE, cant wait to play it.

Comment

the beta is awsome been playing it more then bf2 :laugh:

Comment

We do not have CTF in PoE2, but two other game modes beside conquest; Frontline and Objective.

Comment

Ahh, I read bigdogs post and thought there was a ctf. So frontline mode, is that similar to CTF but everyone moving on the same flag? I read about it a while ago, but forgot the premise of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seigman
                  We do not have CTF in PoE2, but two other game modes beside conquest; Frontline and Objective.

I could have sworn CTF and FRONTLINE were the same thing , sorry if I was wrong . Ill be on the plane whore map anyway .

Comment

They are way different...

Capture the Flag (CTF) is where you literally steal your opponents flag, usually on the other side of the map, and carry it back to your base/flag. There are many other games out there that have this game mode.

Frontlines is similar to Conquest, but can only move 1 flag at a time, and in order.

For reference, Unreal Tournament 2004 has both of these game modes, but their "Frontlines" is called "Onslaught" and is slightly different, but you get the idea.

PS: I am a POE veteran and look forward to POE2! So excited!

Comment

FRONTLINE is only 1 objective to attack and defend at a time, correct?

OBJECTIVE is destroying a specific object or capping a specific area?

Comment

Frontline
                        ex.

"The meaning behind Frontline is that both teams work their way towards each other to battle it out. It's meant that each team captures a control point (flag) closest to them and continues moving forward towards each other. As you capture the next point the one behind you will go grey. The concept of the game is to continue to push your opponents back and if your team does a great job working together you will be able to capture the last flag which of course will prevent your opponent from spawning in. It is designed that you can't skip flags and you have to go in order to capture them. This game mode is a great gaming experience with just a small amount of players and it's even crazier with a large amount. For the Infantry / Ground type warfare players this will be the game mode of choice."

Comment

Oh man im so excited im shaking.

Comment

Since everyone will be fighting for the same flag and the battle will be concentrated in one place, FL works best with a player cap of 32-40 players.
                            Although you are able to run 64 man FL servers if you want hardcore carnage.

Comment

Carnage = 64 players on 16 player air map.

Comment

Carnage = Nades, Claymores + all that other stupid crap all over the place.

Here's hoping PoE2 has got rid of everything stupid in BF2's infantry gameplay. If it has, i will promise myself never to play BF2 again.

Comment

Working...
                                X