• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE Announces MODLight

nice

Comment

Well it's an real shame that people will cheat themselves out by not playing Mods because of the ranking system. As a lover of the Mods and play most all of them I sometime just can't believe that people would be so misled to not play them. I really hope that EA and DICE do get it together and do right by the MODS for that is why I bought the game in the first place. There are people that I have played with since BF2 came out that I can't get them to download a MOD and come play it with me. Their points are stealing alot of fun and enjoyement from them. I hope that this will open the minds of the gameing community as a whole. If done right it'll be winners for all of us. Todays Modders are the game makers of tommorrow. The games will continue to get better and better as us Modders push the PC harder and harder for more and more. Yes you heard me Beam me up Scotty! LOL! got cell phones nowdays. But not so long ago that was SciFi stuff. Whats next Holodecks at home or for rent in town where you live. It may happend sooner than we think. See you around the Mod scene SKY OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
        The ranking system alone is a HUGE blow to the mod community.
        ABR(Alternate Battlefield Ranking) provides ranking for mods that choose to use is(Project Reality) With it there can be custom medals, unlocks, etc. It is a pretty flexible system from what I know of it.

I think this is great. The file hosting alone will save mods a lot of hassle and expenses(hopefully).

Comment

Great I hope TotalBF2 Tells us when this happens!

Comment

Who cares about mod now, BF2142 is just around the corner.so why would you wanna build mods for bf2 any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by slam69
              Who cares about mod now, BF2142 is just around the corner.so why would you wanna build mods for bf2 any longer.
              I hope you're sarcastic. If not, that is one of the most illinformed statements I have seen concerning mods. May a bus run you over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.D
                Great I hope TotalBF2 Tells us when this happens!
                We will!

Comment

I dont like sci fi style future games, and most Modern Combat FPS lovers would agree with me. I wont be playing Quake or 2142. The next big game for me will be Frontlines War, and then MODs for Fronlines War.

Comment

Just cause bf2142 doesn't mean every single bf2 player is gonna flock over to it. This game still has a lot of life in it and I don't think it will be dieing down anytime soon. P.S. U SUXORZ!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Elxx
                      Agreed. For the past year they have worked really hard to keep mods down in the shadows. Now, when BF2 is entering the end of its life, we suddenly get "MOD SPOTLIGHTS! YAY!".

It's a great idea, but it should've happened way before today.

This idea was implemented when BF2 was released about a year ago, Shattered Faith was the only mod to be put on the "spotlight" and it seems that it was never updated.

Here's a link to the Shattered Faith spot light from way back:

I'm glad that they're finaly bringing back this feature. A large part of the BF2 fan base doesn't even know what "mods" are, hopefully this will bring in new players to the mod scene

Comment

Originally posted by illicitfilms
                        This idea was implemented when BF2 was released about a year ago, Shattered Faith was the only mod to be put on the "spotlight" and it seems that it was never updated.

Here's a link to the Shattered Faith spot light from way back:

I'm glad that they're finaly bringing back this feature. A large part of the BF2 fan base doesn't even know what "mods" are, hopefully this will bring in new players to the mod scene
                        That was more of a mod preview. This will be reviewing released mods, and allowing them to be downloaded from EA server, and get hosting from EA partners. With this, no longer should we see smaller mods get released, get played for a few days, and then drop of the face of the map due to a lack of servers playing them.

The people who are doing the "Too little too late, nyah nyah nyah" act are only detrimental to the modding community by not backing what support DICE is willing to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Rataboom
                          The people who are doing the "Too little too late, nyah nyah nyah" act are only detrimental to the modding community by not backing what support DICE is willing to give.
                          B-b-but... :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Rataboom
                            I completely agree; a very positive step in the right direction for us mods

Comment

Yes guys - lets not beat the dead horse. This is when you give the carrot - not the stick.

Kudos to you DICE team - I only hope that your efforts to touch base with the community brings a little of your love this way... and is for real this time :laugh: jk

Mods FTW!

Comment

Alot of us are tired of EA and Dice's PR BS they keep feeding us. Actions speak louder than words or websites.

All those who are quick to jump on 2142 are the same minority who would have jumped from BF 1942 to BFV.

2142 = BFV FTL!

Comment

Working...
                                X