Battlefield 40k Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 40k Mod Update

There is a new update posted today over at the Battlefield 40k mod website. They are back with two new previews videos for us. Take a look:
    Recently bunnysnot imported mycatfields space marine model into the battlefield 2 editor to test it. You can see the vids here:

Marine with grenade:
    http://media.putfile.com/SpaceMarine

Marine with boltgun:
    http://media.putfile.com/Movie-84-30

Space marines are not scheduled to be worked on until after the first release of the mod. Mycatfield did a very good job on the model, there are only two clipping bugs involving the shoulderpad.

Loving the video with the boltgun. To learn more about this mod, visit their site here.

Re: Battlefield 40k Mod Update

Looks great

Comment

Looking very nice. The boltgun Marine looks well cool.

Comment

Very nice stuff

Comment

Okay, I have a few comments on the Marines.

The marine model looks very good, the proportions don't seem out of place at all. However, I saw some problems with the animations. For the grenade-armed Marine, I noticed his fingers don't seem to hold the grenade at all, they seem to be straight. His running animation with the grenade didn't... didn't look quite right. But then I suppose you'ld run like that with armour that chunky The boltgun's muzzle flare looks fantastic, although that brings me another comment. I really don'tthink a standard pattern bolter would fire that quickly. A bolter fires heavy, rocket-propelled slugs, and I don't think a rate of fire akin to a P90 accurately represents that.

Overall, I think this looks great, and can't wait to see some renders on these I am a huge fan of WH40k, and I'm really looking forward to this mod. Especially piloting the Bainblade ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Calaros
            A bolter fires heavy, rocket-propelled slugs
            Technically, it fires miniature missiles which explode inside their enemy, not slugs.

Although I do agree, the rate of fire should be reduced a bit.

Originally posted by Calaros
            Especially piloting the Bainblade ^_^
            The Baneblade is the symbol of awesomeness. Although I don't think it will actually be possible to have one fully crewed, with most of the BF2 players running off chasing butterflies instead of helping the team win.

Comment

whoa, you guys have really outdone yourselfs! this will be such an amazing mod when it comes out! i love the work and time u have put into this mod and it is going to be so fun! also i agree with what they said about the guns fire rate.

- Syth

Comment

Awesome stuff guys!

Comment

The animations are stock BF2 ones, they are not custom made. Just to clear that one out.

The stuff looks great.

Comment

Plus the hands in the videos were not bounded to the bones in theses videos. They are basicly a rough-in to see where the trouble areas on the mesh are. We suck closely to the poportions in bf2 to ease the workload for our animators.

The boltgun is using the m16 as a template since its animations most closely matches the grip of the gun. The fire rate and effect will be changed in the future to better match the bolt gun charectoristics. All in all i would say im quite pleased with the results of the 1st runthru

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Xan
                      Technically, it fires miniature missiles which explode inside their enemy, not slugs.

Although I do agree, the rate of fire should be reduced a bit.

The Baneblade is the symbol of awesomeness. Although I don't think it will actually be possible to have one fully crewed, with most of the BF2 players running off chasing butterflies instead of helping the team win.
                      Myeh, same thing j/k.

Yeah, I don't really know how the Baneblade is going to be crewed, when the vast quantity of weaponry on it is taken into account. Lol, I want to see a little Imperial flag stuck to the turret

Comment

As Bunny said, this is a very early test video to identify any problems with the Marine. You can probably see a few clipping issues if you look closely enough. But considering alot of people love the Space Marines, we thought you guys would be excited to see it. I know i was

Check out the website to see some great progress being made by our team. We're getting into full steam and are all on a high at the momment, you should be seeing some exciting stuff coming your way in the next few weeks

Comment

Great, looking forward to it

Comment

anybody dlaoded this mod i ma dloading it now hope its good

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeZ
                              anybody dlaoded this mod i ma dloading it now hope its good
                              You can't be downloading it... it isn't out yet

Your probably downloading the BF1942 version. Which was our pre, pre beta, a test run so to speak for BF2.

Comment

Working...
                              X