Project Reality Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality Mod Update

The Project Reality mod website has been updated today with some new information. They have given us an update on the status of PRMM v0.40, along with news on how the BF2 v1.4 Beta patch affected the mod.
    We've been hard at work on v0.40 over the last couple of weeks. We're a little off in our first release to testers mainly because of my Canada Day drinking escapades. This release has a lot more features in it than we originally planned for, so it's taking some time to bring it all together.

In terms of a few of the key items, here's where things stand:

- Kit Limiting looks like our approach is going to work!

- Kit Limiting means a class system overhaul which we have mapped out

- XTRACT game mode now includes the ability for a player to be the VIP and we're working on some "Blackhawk Down" type scenarios. We've also added "checkpoints" to this game mode that require the "VIP" to go through more than 1 location to succesfully be extracted. This game mode looks like its going to be a hoot and is coming together very nicely.

To read the full update, please click here.

Re: Project Reality Mod Update

Great information.

Thanks.

Comment

Canada Day.....**** did I get smashed

Comment

What is Kit Limiting?

- Andrew

Comment

Excerpt from earlier newspost over at Project Reality:
          Project Reality 0.40 Status Update

Hey Everyone,

Thought I'd chime in and let y'all know where we're at with 040 development.

Kit Limiting Proof of Concept
          Right now we have a bunch of stuff that we're wrapping up into the first 0401 test build. Some of this stuff is "roughed in" for proof concept, cuz we're gonna try some interesting stuff around kit limiting. We're gonna take a different approach from before and uh... this one might actually work. If it does work, it will be fairly intuitive and will enable us to change the class system quite substantially. We still haven't released the first test build, so we don't even know if our approach is going to work. But it is a focus for this build.

We are NOT planning to use the EA "unlock" feature in the upcoming BF2 patch for our kit limiting system. Our own system will give us more flexibility (again if it works). We came up with the idea when trying to work around the "no unlocks" scenario and actually think... IF IT WORKS... we have a system that will be fairly intuitive to use and is purely our own to make up the "rules" for kit supply.

We do plan to use the EA unlock for offering different loadouts as equipment and loadout options once available.
          That's about as much as they've said in their newsposts. To find ot more go to their forums.

Comment

an outstanding MOD, see you one the servers

Comment

Add some insurgents, and it will be an actual realism mod. Until then, as I've said before, I just can't see the fun in shooting fictional armies. Reason I gave up on BF2 .

Comment

Originally posted by }SoC{Ã…MT
                What is Kit Limiting?

- Andrew
                Basically we're limiting the availability of certain kits to:
                - create realistic infantry squad composition
                - address game dynamics issues

It's not within our mod goals to allow everyone to be a Sniper

In contrast, as much as we want to move towards realism, we don't currently intend to limit the availability of Medic kits.

Some folks won't like it and won't play the mod as a result, PR is not everybody's cup of tea.

Thanks for reading the update

egg

Comment

This mod is turning into Red Orchestra with better graphics! YES!

Comment

im starting to make a mod myself, im tottaly redoing the classes and wanna say that support shouldnt have a machinegun.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                      im starting to make a mod myself, im tottaly redoing the classes and wanna say that support shouldnt have a machinegun.
                      Good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                        That depends on what you see support as. BF2 sees it as a guy that runs around with a machinegun and throws ammo at teamates. There is no job in real life that falls under that specifically...where you are a machinegunner and you are the ammoguy. There is the Auto-Riflemen in real life, who carries the LMG. However he is not the dedicated ammo guy. Its completly fictional. No one guy runs around with everyones ammo, especially when he has to carry a LMG and its ammo around with him already. This is from a realistic point of view though, I am not sure what your mod strives for.

Anyway, yay! Hehe, cannot wait to try it out.

Comment

PRMM needs more CQC maps, sometimes those HUGE maps get boring due to lack of action

Comment

Great to see this update. PRMM is a great mod, I get owned in it quite frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by TeLe-LoE-
                              PRMM needs more CQC maps, sometimes those HUGE maps get boring due to lack of action
                              CQC dosent happen much in real combat, apart from in room clearing which there is like 1 stock building with a small room in it?

this mod aint about bunny hopping and spraying at your oppent trying to take him down while not getting shot yourself

Comment

Working...
                              X