X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten Hope 2 Mod Update

About the camera views:

Originally posted by McGibs (FH-dev)
    Dont expect external views for any vehicals.

Comment

The planes won't have that nose view either? Like how you press C or whatever button it is for default (i changed all my buttons so i forgot the default settings) and all the aircraft flightdeck/cockpit stuff had gone and it was just the HUD? (Dunno if it was like that in BF1942)

It's a shame and hopefully the views won't be too restricted and you can actually see around you, not being able to see your six (i think real pilots had mirrors but i don't think the BF2 Engine can do mirrors) will be missed. The amount of realism they're trying to go for is abit iffy at times.

Nice update though.

Comment

somehow i don't think lack of players will be an issue.
        Eh? Its a pretty big deal man. If they dont get this mod out, it will have all been a waste of time. Hell, look at USI. No one plays it anymore. Granted this is no USI, but the effects will be the same.

Comment

Please enable outside views! Otherwise, gameplay will suck hard.

Comment

OMG, This mod will make BF2 live for ever

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
              Eh? Its a pretty big deal man. If they dont get this mod out, it will have all been a waste of time. Hell, look at USI. No one plays it anymore. Granted this is no USI, but the effects will be the same.

You misunderstand. By not being an issue he means it wont happen. There will be plenty of players.

Comment

i am waiting for so long now for this mod
                battlefield 2142 is on the bf2 engine so they wont need to make it on that one too...and if you guys love realism so much,check out Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-42,it's pure realism with infantry and tanks(and combined)
                http://www.redorchestragame.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
                  the reason USI is not populated is because there full mod isnt realeased yet, theres just a beta(if you will, no offense to the USI team) If FH releases know, in its beta state it will be populated for maybe 2 or 3 weeks than people will lose interest and it too will be as unpopulated just as USI. Thats why the Devs of all the major mods are waiting for a full release as to make the game enjoyable to all, and to keep the servers populated well after 2142 comes out.

Comment

how terribly wrong you are zuiquan1, about the powers of the fh tem. i have had the fh .7 mod for over a year and i still am finding new stuff in the maps that i never have seen before. all they need to give me is one plane on a blank map with something to shoot at and i will be happy till the full release. oh, and btw, the pressing "c" to get rid of the cockpit view and only having the hud is very cruitial to gameplay, so please do not remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by =HIT=Svalsbard
                      I just hope there are enough WWII-philes to stick it out and play this after 2142 comes out...Playing with all these wonderful toys on Single Player would be a gigantic letdown.
                      found this on USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/...d-war-II_x.htm

it seems like a lot of ppl still enjoy playing WWII

and BTW, as always great update, looking forward playing this mod. GJ Devs

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)patton
                        how terribly wrong you are zuiquan1, about the powers of the fh tem. i have had the fh .7 mod for over a year and i still am finding new stuff in the maps that i never have seen before. all they need to give me is one plane on a blank map with something to shoot at and i will be happy till the full release.
                        YOU maybe be happy with 1 plane, but the FH devs have a reputation that they have to uphold, and the BF2 community is very harsh if they find 1 thing outa place, or missing. people just dont understand what a "Beta" is. If the Devs release a sorta preview mod for all the impatiant people, 75% of the community will think its the full release, than they will flood the FH forums B*tching about this or that feature not being included, and it will happen eveyday untill the mods popularity dies out 3 weeks later.

Than what, when the devs DO release a full mod, people will be weary to DL it because of what they saw in the "First" release, so the mod will loose popularity, and eventually die out.....

Comment

Why does mod updates always turn into back and forth rants between people?

Comment

That's a good point UH60BHPilot. I think the WWII mods are for the most part OK, especially the ones that are porting over with a solid pre-existing community from any previous BF1942 releases. Based on that thinking FH2 is in pretty good standing.

Comment

MP popularity:

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)patton
                                all they need to give me is one plane on a blank map with something to shoot at and i will be happy till the full release.
                                Lol - if only that was truly the case for everyone. If it was people would still be playing BF1918/2 Airshow... Forget about getting an incomplete release - It wont happen.

Why do mod updates turn into rants? Impatience and impoliteness... nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X