Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alastairthegreat
    Guest replied
    Re: Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

:hmm: i think ill wait for the official release

Leave a comment:

• silky_z
    Guest replied

whaaaa!!!
    only one ranked beta server

Leave a comment:

• DarK_AssassiN
    Guest replied

Its ok. I like the new map, and the AA is awesome :P Also the no vehicles is an interisting addition.

One thing I hate though is that they keep tweaking the infantry. We have to keep adapting. I for one do not want to wait two seconds to shoot when coming up from behind a box or something when the enemy could just kill me right when I come up. Are they really thinking these through?

If people want to bunnyhop let them. I had no problem killing them. If people want to dive behind a box, or dive anywhere. Let them. I have never seen a game change so much just from patches. This new wait to shoot after getting up is annoying...

Leave a comment:

• cardew1975
    Guest replied

well , i insatlled it and found only 10 servers and everytime i connected said " server is running an older version so had to roll back .

Leave a comment:

• Travers1111
    replied

I found a glitch, I was trying to cap the palace on RtJ map and the flag stayed in one spot, i couldnt cap it, an enemy was capping the base, but i got him, but when nobody was there besides me, and to prove that i ran out of the base cap area but the flag wasnt going up or back down to neutral. Then an enemy tank came and capped it...

Also i read the Read Me First document and i was just skimming through it so i didnt quite get the undo installation bit. *cry's*

Originally posted by mikezrocks
    - Ranked Servers now force unlocks. force?
    Now the unlocks have to be available on a ranked server, a new requirement to have a ranked server

Leave a comment:

• FLIPINOM4D
    Guest replied

d/l it now, I made sure to copy my BF2 folder incase if I want to go back to 1.3, I can do it there

Leave a comment:

• firezip
    Guest replied

Can anyone confirm on better FPS rates? Or did they just go lower?

Leave a comment:

• mikezrocks
    Guest replied

1.4 patch and my comments

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative to artillery.so what people are using it as artilery!?
    - C4 tossing distance has been reduced.BS crap retards... how close do you want me to get to that tank?!
    - A prone->crouch delay has been added.OMG stop now they want me to die close to the ground...

bf2 is getting gay i have been playing americas army and counter strike sorce more
    BUG FIXES

- Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug. ROLF bs they cant do it
    - Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen. i was wondering about that
    - Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.that kid of helps
    - Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.what?
    - Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.i know wtf like that happenes to commader alot
    - Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching weapons. sounds fun
    - Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round on ranked servers. more or less?!
    - Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers. thanks
    - Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead. wasnt it always?
    - Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has spawned in during the preview round.
    - Ranked Servers now force unlocks. force?

Leave a comment:

• Abominogg
    replied

Originally posted by inflatable
    Tbh, I think the whole 'infantry only' idea for BF2 is a bit stupid.. Why? because I find the BF2 engine not really suited for a infantry only based type of gameplay.. movement is a bit floaty, and netcode and hitdetection is a bit vague at times to say the least.. Imho it then turns into a bad version of Counterstrike..

It speaks for itself you're better of playing CS:Source or something if you enjoy infantry only type of gameplay..

BF2 should stick to what it does best, vehicles..
    true, but you do have a choice as to which gameplay you want to play.

Leave a comment:

• whoster69
    Guest replied

I really haven't been playing BF2 much lately. Went back to BF1942 and was having a lot more fun. I'll probably just wait for the official patch.

Leave a comment:

• inflatable
    Guest replied

Tbh, I think the whole 'infantry only' idea for BF2 is a bit stupid.. Why? because I find the BF2 engine not really suited for a infantry only based type of gameplay.. movement is a bit floaty, and netcode and hitdetection is a bit vague at times to say the least.. Imho it then turns into a bad version of Counterstrike..

It speaks for itself you're better of playing CS:Source or something if you enjoy infantry only type of gameplay..

BF2 should stick to what it does best, vehicles..

Leave a comment:

• Abominogg
    replied

Originally posted by coolsax98
    I've been playing on packed servers all morning.
    it's 5:41pm here, and all I can find are 4 servers, all from UK, numbers 7,8,9, and 10.
    I've applied various filters, but cant find more than these 4 servers. I would really like to try the beta!

Leave a comment:

• Soldat44
    replied

CTD every time now. Played fine yesterday. Hmmm...

Originally posted by Soldat44
    CTD every time now. Played fine yesterday. Hmmm...
    Everything working fine now. It was the latest Symantec Firewall update. No surprise there...

Leave a comment:

• coolsax98
    Guest replied

I've been playing on packed servers all morning.

Leave a comment:

• Abominogg
    replied

How many test servers are there? I can only find 4, and they are always empty. Is there a test server that is populated a lot of the time? If so, can someone gimme the IP?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X