Clear All

Re: Total Network Update - 6/28/06

Good news...

Kinda makes me wish I still played AAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.D
      Where are you Rico?!
      Nothing to do with the site anymore I'm afraid, it's all change from the good ol' days.

Comment

I guess the next logical question with all this expansion is when will people start getting paid as you can only work for free for so long until it feels worthless :P

Comment

I just hope we don't start getting annoying pop-up ads all over the place :P

Comment

Hey guys, I'm on the staff over at TotalAA.com (Howitzer) and definately help the Total community grow by spreading the message. And definately if you play AA or want to, you know where to go,

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
              I just hope we don't start getting annoying pop-up ads all over the place :P
              Seriously. Every week it seems the MyInternetServices stuff is seeping into the totalbf2 experience more and more. Now there are ads mixed into the news section that catch you off-gaurd. It's like listening to talk radio and the host seemlessly transistions from news-talk/commentary into his loving experiences with ProductX. Gotta be wary.

Appreciating/patroning the site's sponsors is great, but it's getting annoying recently.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Crrrazzzy
                *cough* *cough*
                I knew it! Sweet, I look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by =DNC=BongSquad
                  Seriously. Every week it seems the MyInternetServices stuff is seeping into the totalbf2 experience more and more. Now there are ads mixed into the news section that catch you off-gaurd. It's like listening to talk radio and the host seemlessly transistions from news-talk/commentary into his loving experiences with ProductX. Gotta be wary.

Appreciating/patroning the site's sponsors is great, but it's getting annoying recently.
                  You do realize that MYIS took over before Christmas right? They've done nothing but give TO the community. Besides paying for the right to choose a division (it's free if you let them place you) at 21CenturyWarfare tourny's, everything is free. The ads are extremely minimalist compared to most sites. Not to mention the numerous giveaways they've had. Dozens of people have gotten free computer upgrades thanks to MYIS and all these ads that seem to be affecting your experience.

Heck, I don't even know what ads you're talking about. There was that one annoying Kung-fu dog thing but that was taken care of once the community expressed it's feelings about it. I just dont get why some people start saying how corporate Totalbf2.com is getting yet can't show any proof.

Regardless. Do you have any idea how much running a website costs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
                    Do you have any idea how much running a website costs?
                    I do. Congrats guys and keep up the good work. I like taying in the loop by reading the news here everyday.

Comment

"I just dont get why some people start saying how corporate Totalbf2.com is getting yet can't show any proof. "

Comment

"I just dont get why some people start saying how corporate Totalbf2.com is getting yet can't show any proof. "

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78751
                        Those rat bastards! Offering a 50% discount. What scoundrels. Yeah. That's certinally your standard in-your-face advertising. They're really stickin' it to ya buddy. I feel your pain.

Comment

ouch the sarcasm is burning a hole in my retinas! hehe.

Jofaba I know you mean well. I respect you maybe the most of all the people at this site (props to Talus/wargimp too).

I am not aware of the nature of the formal relationship between MYIS and tbf2. All I know is that there has been an increasing level of 'plugs' for MYIS stuff on this site.

I might disagree with you that the level of advertising here is less than 'average'. Sure it's not the worst around - no click-thru ads etc - but it's getting worse. On other gaming community sites the advertisers do not RUN the site - the community site admins just run targeted banner ads etc. Here at tbf2 the admins ARE the advertising company. Does that distinction resonate with you at all? It qualifies as a 'slippery-slope' situation in my book.

Comment

I am not aware of the nature of the formal relationship between MYIS and tbf2. All I know is that there has been an increasing level of 'plugs' for MYIS stuff on this site.
                            Top graphic, lower right hand corner: