No announcement yet.

Games of the Year 2012 - Honorable Mentions as Brought to You by Zips from TGN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games of the Year 2012 - Honorable Mentions as Brought to You by Zips from TGN

Ah, it's January 2, 2013 and this is honestly the earliest I think I've ever compiled a "Games of the Year" list. In fact, if you remember back to last year, I merely did an article called "TGN's Best and Worst Games of 2011" without having to mentally beat myself up to put them in any numerical order.

See, I think that way was smart. Instead, this year I wanted to try and do it like the others. I wanted to try and come up with a group of ten titles that I felt were above and beyond the others for at least one reason or another. In doing so, I realized that it's not a particularly easy task when trying to come up with it alone and without any other input. I also realized that there were a lot of great games in 2012, which made narrowing the list down quite difficult.

From a full list of games in 2012, I narrowed it down to 22 games total. Of those 22, the difficult process began of deciding who would make the top 10. It was early on that I had decided to do an "honorable mentions" list, expecting it to only consist of maybe 3-5 titles that didn't make the cut. I, instead, ended up doing all 12.

There is one mistake I made here. In the video I only include 11 titles. The forgotten 12th honorable mention is Sleeping Dogs. It was merely an oversight on my part when I was writing up the dialogue and recording the audio. However, without further delay here is the Honorable Mentions and the start of TGN's 2012 Game of the Year super happy fun time bonanza thingy.

Feel free to start speculating about what the top 10 games are. Keep in mind that the top games are only from games that I have actually played, meaning there won't be any PlayStation 3 exclusives on the list, nor Vita, nor 3DS exclusives.

Truth is you found a smart way of mentioning the games you liked and think that deserved some attention, but that still couldn't make it to the very top 10. I'm curious to see the top 10

Comment

I'm also curious about what the top 10 are.

Chivalry and ME3 were my top 2 games of 2012. I haven't played FC3 yet to add that to the list.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

From what I've seen from a few of the Top 10 lists, namely those from Giant Bomb, my list seems to be a mix of expected and unexpected titles. I'm working on the write up for it now and will probably stick to the same format like I had for this video. With the static images since it saves time on encoding and upload. Plus, Verizon is still being stupid and I can't download anything faster than 140KBps right now.

Comment

Damn, can't you just switch provider? Aren't there any better offers than Verizon?

Comment

Yes, we already have an appointment to switch to Time Warner but they can't get here until next Friday (the 11th). So I'm stuck with this junk for another week and a half.

Comment

I think somewhere in the Top 5 is Farming Simulator 2013.
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I haven't watched the video as I'm in a McDonalds leeching at their wifi, but did Dishonored get a Dishonorable mention?

I'm so sorry for that...

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
                  I haven't watched the video as I'm in a McDonalds leeching at their wifi, but did Dishonored get a Dishonorable mention?

I'm so sorry for that...
                  It did Stevo, I was a little saddened by that, but Im biased about stealth games like Thief
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                  X