Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another aspect of the GL nerf I hadn't noticed until now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another aspect of the GL nerf I hadn't noticed until now...

I was gonna flame the poster for being blinf for the last month :laugh:

I won't bother now, talk about thread warp

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
      Basically they completely eliminated the impact damage in patch 1.2 which is where much of the light vehicle damage came from; the only damage done by the GL now is splash.
      This is what was removed:
      Code:
      ObjectTemplate.material 45
      . . .
      ObjectTemplate.material 45
      . . .
      ObjectTemplate.minDamage 1
      ObjectTemplate.damage 125
      Seems like if they wanted to make the GL mostly anti-vehicle they should have kept the impact damage. Since patch 1.2 I never use the GL; I either spawn as AT/medic or use the G3 as assault.

yeah, my buddies and me found this out when they released the patch (and some testing in singleplayer/LAN). It actuals does more damage if you detonate the grenade under or right in front of a vehicle than directly on it. For instance, a DPV is coming at you, if you hit it directly it will smoke and slowly explode but usually kill you before it does. If you detonate the grenade right infront of it as it's coming at you you can actually destroy it.

Pretty strange, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
        yeah, my buddies and me found this out when they released the patch (and some testing in singleplayer/LAN). It actuals does more damage if you detonate the grenade under or right in front of a vehicle than directly on it. For instance, a DPV is coming at you, if you hit it directly it will smoke and slowly explode but usually kill you before it does. If you detonate the grenade right infront of it as it's coming at you you can actually destroy it.

Pretty strange, imo.
        Its not strange as its a very weak part of the vehicle, throwing a grenade that explodes on top is usless

old bf tip: map your yes/no to your accept/decline

The original usfullness of ground force via the gun/grenade against buggies/jeeps has been totally lost. It's another dynamic that could be brought back, whilst still nerfed against ground forces, more programming maybe grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
          Its not strange as its a very weak part of the vehicle, throwing a grenade that explodes on top is usless
          That might make sense if the light vehicles had different armor on different locations but they don't. In fact, even for tanks hit location doesn't matter for explosions, only for impact damage.

Comment

Working...
          X