Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another aspect of the GL nerf I hadn't noticed until now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another aspect of the GL nerf I hadn't noticed until now...

the gl also used to kill an apc in 4 hits... now it just scratches the paint off

Comment

Originally posted by AFEDReDStaR
      the gl also used to kill an apc in 4 hits... now it just scratches the paint off
      I'm pretty sure it didn't. I think a grenade did something like 2 bars of damage, which added up to around half health if by the grace of God you manage to hit him with all five. I didn't put that part in my OP because the GL is more of an annoyance to APCs than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ARMistice023
        I'm curious. What's "nerfing"?

In desert racing terms, it's a slight bump to the person if front of you(usually going slower) to tell them, "Hey, you're too slow, pull over when youcan and let me by"

I don't know what it is in BF2 terms. Seems like making it better?
        Nerf is a foam toy. To Nerf a class or weapon in the game is to make it as effective as a foam toy, making it useless.

Example: Assault Class GL.....nerfed....ineffective/useless weapon now.

Comment

Well, thank all the whiners. The one thing they said it should do can barely do it at all. I also noticed there seems to be a small almost lag when you shoot the grenade launcher. Did they do something to that too?

Comment

The GL is generally useless. They went overboard on the nerfing it.

All they needed was the little time delay to stop instagib bunny hopping killers.

Since 1.2 I haven't managed to shoot down a single attack helicopter or Blackhawk/Mi17 with my GL. I used to enjoy chasing helis away wit the ol 40mm, and even shot a couple down.

I can't even hit the damn things nowadays.

KBK

Comment

I actually like that idea red, nice thinking! :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by ARMistice023
                I'm curious. What's "nerfing"?

In desert racing terms, it's a slight bump to the person if front of you(usually going slower) to tell them, "Hey, you're too slow, pull over when youcan and let me by"

I don't know what it is in BF2 terms. Seems like making it better?
                Think about it for a minute, what is "NERF"? It's a term used to describe when something is turned into a "child-safe" item. Like the Nerf toys? This is not desert racing so that term is not applicable.

Comment

Basically they completely eliminated the impact damage in patch 1.2 which is where much of the light vehicle damage came from; the only damage done by the GL now is splash.
                  This is what was removed:
                  Code:
                  ObjectTemplate.material 45
                  . . .
                  ObjectTemplate.material 45
                  . . .
                  ObjectTemplate.minDamage 1
                  ObjectTemplate.damage 125
                  Seems like if they wanted to make the GL mostly anti-vehicle they should have kept the impact damage. Since patch 1.2 I never use the GL; I either spawn as AT/medic or use the G3 as assault.

Comment

The GL is utterly useless IMO. I have fired it at a group of enemy troops in a tight pack and not even damaged one of em. I barely ever resort to using this.

Comment

While you all whine about the uselessness of the GL, me and my G3 are laughing all the way to the bank...........

Comment

i never seen any prob with it but i only really use on people and not cars

Comment

There is no point in trying to hit a chopper with GL, since the M95 almost does the same damage to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeyman
                            While you all whine about the uselessness of the GL, me and my G3 are laughing all the way to the bank...........
                            Can your G3 kill someone hiding a wall, crate, water tower?

The GL is much more versatile then the G3, or the grenades the G3 kit carries for that matter.

The kit upgrades the assault class receives is nothing that special that you couldn't switch over to another class and still do better. Medic or Special Ops anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by iflabs
                              Can your G3 kill someone hiding a wall, crate, water tower?

The GL is much more versatile then the G3, or the grenades the G3 kit carries for that matter.

The kit upgrades the assault class receives is nothing that special that you couldn't switch over to another class and still do better. Medic or Special Ops anyone?
                              The G3 is a f'ing hyped gun, for a firefight I always chose it in USMC or MEC, but I prefer having an AK-47 and a med-kit

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                                There is no point in trying to hit a chopper with GL, since the M95 almost does the same damage to it...
                                Actually back in the SeaHawk whoring days, someone under it with a granade luncher would devaste the SeaHawk and kill almost everyone onboard, sometimes everyone, not anymore. The only thing that i didn't like about the GL was that if someone coming around the corner would jump and fire and their feet and kill you and walk away like nothing. So yes they should have put an arming distance but not such a long one. And the damage maybe reduce it a bit againt's personnel, but not againt's cars, i think the hummve should be on fire ready to blow with just one GL shot, and the helo should take at least 1/3 of it's energy

Comment

Working...
                                X