Is spec ops to "overplayed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is spec ops to "overplayed"

see mostly medic, sniper, and support. not so much spec ops.

Comment

The kit that is underplayed in my opinion is assault (but I play assault 80% of the time)

Comment

I love to play spec-ops, along with sniper. (lately more assault now that i have the F2000). The reason i play spec-ops, is that with skill, they can counter anything. Anti-infantry? check. Anti-tank? check. PO commanders by nuking assests? check.

Comment

EDIT -- Redid this post.

Before, support couldn't hit anything, snipers were pretty lousy accuracy-wise, and claymores weren't spammed everywhere. SO was good close-range, good long-range, and basically traded off GLs for the ability to sprint farther and destroy armor. Being one of two kits able to effectively take down armor combined with superb accuracy and decent firepower made them very popular.

Now, thanks to the support and G3 buffs, their close combat ability isn't quite what it used to be. With the sniper rifle buffs, they got knocked down a notch long-range. So that basically makes them a mediocre ground fighter with C4, which is now far more of a tradeoff than it used to be.

It's not that SO sucks. It's that everyone else got better.

The C4 chuck nerf didn't have a whole lot to do with it, most SO players didn't have a clue how to chuck C4.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
            Can you blame em'? Spec-Op and Medic are the two kits that, when combined, don't need any of the other Kits (Assuming commander isn't a kit) to survive and win.

I'm surprised more teams aren't strictly Spec-Op and Medic.

{WP}Paas
            you cant rule out support in this combo either

sure, the spec-ops and medic would survive, but after a few minutes, they would be throwing their boots at the enemy

Comment

I don't think the Spec Ops kit is overplayed; often, less than a fifth of one team are Spec Ops. I used to play mostly Medic, but I forced myself to start playing Spec Ops.

Comment

Thats a hard question to answer, spec ops over played? Depends. Some people think that C-4 is the best way to take down armor when actually the AT mine is. Think about it, I lay the mine behind your tank and you kill me, then 10 seconds later you run over the mine and boom. Lets see C-4 do that. Anyway all kits have thier place, I would say that some spec ops players over extend themselves when they play the kit. I have the road kills to prove it too.
                After a little thought I guess that the number of team members who are spec ops is about right, most of the time. . . . . . . .Red

Comment

The M4 is great, and I don't like the burst mode on M16s. Also the nade launcher is just frustrating now. Even though I do love having body armor, give me nades and a c4 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by [FM]Master_Chief
                    I very rarely play spec ops, only when I want to spawn and kill an armor, but other than that Medic FTW. I find the scope on L85A1 extremely helpful. I can't hit squat aimigh through iron sights on other weapons with exception of PKM pre 1.22 ;p

/hugs and kisses his L85A1
                    But your avatar says you like assault...

Comment

rarely ever see spec ops players anymore. i mostly see snipers and medics now. oh and alot more support unit with their damned pkms

Comment

Working...
                      X