Is spec ops to "overplayed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is spec ops to "overplayed"

We have already had the sniper discussion, so how about a spec ops discussion. Is the spec ops kit too overplayed? If so, is it the name of the kit that make people choose to play it?

Re: Is spec ops to "overplayed"

Spec Ops is not overplayed in my opinion, but it is a popular kit for several reasons. Chief among them is that it is the most versatile kit, it can kill infantry, armour and commander's assets with relative ease.

Comment

I actually don't think it's played that much at all.

Comment

Maybe it used to be, but now sniper is overplayed. I miss the days when everyone was a medic. You can never have too many medics. With 1.21 support was definitely overplayed.

Comment

IMO Spec Ops is actually underplayed, it is a very well rounded class that is capable of taking down armor, bridges, and the commanders toys; while leaving you with a decent assault riflle.
          In close quarters battles, like karkand, I would prefer to take tanks out with c4 because they dont know whats happening untill they are dead.

Comment

yeah, spec-ops is underplayed now due to the loss of jumping and throwin c4... back in its heyday (pre1.2) you had a chance of getting c4'd that what was equal to a chance of getting noobtubed.

Comment

i dont think people play it as much as they did ... i normally change kits depending on the map... for instance i would use spec ops on a map like zatar wetlands, that or anti-tank

Comment

Originally posted by Dilla_Incognito
                yeah, spec-ops is underplayed now due to the loss of jumping and throwin c4... back in its heyday (pre1.2) you had a chance of getting c4'd that what was equal to a chance of getting noobtubed.
                yup with c4 chucking gone its basically useless for agressive players who dont like playing hide and go seek in order to get a kill with c4.

Comment

Can you blame em'? Spec-Op and Medic are the two kits that, when combined, don't need any of the other Kits (Assuming commander isn't a kit) to survive and win.

I'm surprised more teams aren't strictly Spec-Op and Medic.

{WP}Paas

Comment

I very rarely play spec ops, only when I want to spawn and kill an armor, but other than that Medic FTW. I find the scope on L85A1 extremely helpful. I can't hit squat aimigh through iron sights on other weapons with exception of PKM pre 1.22 ;p

/hugs and kisses his L85A1

Comment

Originally posted by Dern Humpus
                      We have already had the sniper discussion, so how about a spec ops discussion. Is the spec ops kit too overplayed? If so, is it the name of the kit that make people choose to play it?
                      I do not think it is overplayed at all. I use Spec Ops when I want to ground pound because of the M4. I like it better than the unlocks. I don't even bother with the C4 anymore, you end up dropping it all at your feet. Funny how the medics and support guys can f**king launch a pack, but the C4 pack is filled with 1,000lbs of lead or something.
                      The kit sucks now.

Comment

nah, it's not overplayed today; pre 1.2 or whatever I think it was.

I've always loved the Spec-Ops kit and have always used it in its intended role (i.e. going behind enemy lines and destroying assets, bridges, etc), but it was no doubt abused (as every kit has been at some point) back in the first 1/2 year that BF2 was out.

Comment

Used to be overplayed, now underplayed (only slightly though).

Comment

Not played to fullest potential. Spec Op raids are the stuff of commanders nightmares.:guns: :ar15: :wall:

Comment

I used to be a spec-op whore but now im a combination of everything equally depending on whats going on in the round and whats going on around ur spawn point. but i stil think spec-ops is underplayed a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X