L85A1 = Ownege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L85A1 = Ownege

I love the L85. It is a good all around weapon, but sometimes the aiming sucks just a little. It is probably me though.

Comment

the M16 and AK 101 are far better than the L85. single shot they both rock long range, while both are far better close in and at medium ranges.

the G36E is also far better than the L85. if stuck with an L85, use grenades and pistol. it sucks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
        Which is one of the primary reasons I really think the Medic class needs a healing mechanic Nerf. I mean, really, they can survive more gun-battles and Spec-Ops and Assault, and they are supposed to be a supporting role.

...I'm not sure what Dice/EA could do about this. Maybe make it so that a Medic holding a bag does not heal himself. Also, a Medic's "OWN" bags dropped only heal 25% of his total health per' bag picked up. Thata' way, a Medic is more confined to the "Common Laws" of BF2 Combat. Instead of being this unholy god of endurance that can survive 12-20 encounters with ease.

{WP}Paas
        I know how you feel. I've been killed by medics who were able to heal themselves faster than I could do damage to them (I was using an SMG at about 15-20 meters of rangem, plus they were sprinting sideways). Then when my clip ran empty, they spotted me and killed me before I could switch to my handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
          Which is one of the primary reasons I really think the Medic class needs a healing mechanic Nerf. I mean, really, they can survive more gun-battles and Spec-Ops and Assault, and they are supposed to be a supporting role.

...I'm not sure what Dice/EA could do about this. Maybe make it so that a Medic holding a bag does not heal himself. Also, a Medic's "OWN" bags dropped only heal 25% of his total health per' bag picked up. Thata' way, a Medic is more confined to the "Common Laws" of BF2 Combat. Instead of being this unholy god of endurance that can survive 12-20 encounters with ease.

{WP}Paas
          they also have no body armor, so it's already balanced

Comment

Originally posted by Enz0
            L85A1 = horrible at any scoping. It's the most inaccurate weapon I've shot. The G36E is the best unlock to get, honestly it usually takes 1 burst to kill someone in the head, which is good. It's rate of fire is spectacular. The L85 is probably one of the best at close range but I can't see it headshooting anyone with zoom.
            The scopes a little weird at first, I find it's best to put the top of the little aimer thingy that sticks up directly below where you want to shoot.

Comment

medics are generally balanced now.

if the assault class guys were good with the assault rifle they would be fine, but theyre all noobs who try to noob tube and use smoke grenades.

really, if youre decent with any of these

shotgun
              SRAW
              grenade launcher
              PKM
              SAW
              M16
              AK101
              M4
              SCAR L

then you can wipe out medics easy. its just that people whining about medics generally suck,

me recently, i use medics for long range encounters and when i want teampoints (ie after i run over a DPV in a LAV and tk 3 people),

for close range to medium i use AT. the sraw and dao will handle anyone.

medics cant heal themselves faster than you can kill them, unless you really suck.

the healing is kind of a reward for being a team supporting class, just as support can rearm themselves, and in many cases grenade whore.

i think med packs should heal 50 or 75 percent. that would fix a lot.

Comment

I use the AK or G36E given the choice.
                I like the big clip, dmg and it doesnt fire in those damn burst.
                But if Im without the AK, gime the G36E.

Comment

I don't like that L85 to much, it's acurate, yes, but it does seem to suck at close to medium range due to recoil, also it sounds very gay, put put put put

Comment

Originally posted by exhilator
                    Sorry guys but I think the AK-101 is better than the L85A1.
                    :nod:

Comment

Yeah people say that Assualt rifles shouldn't be as accurate as carbines, clearly the L85/G36E is just as accurate and even more powerful. So why cant the unlocks for the Assualt kit be just as deadly, yes i know they are quite good (i really like the F2000) but after using the L85/G36E i found that they are MUCH more accurate, and they keep the power of the Assualt kit rifles. Medic kit really is a super kit. I almost always get killed by a L85 in a single shot whilst they are going prone in mid-air, same with G36E. Ah well, at least it only takes 3-4 shots to kill them.

Comment

All guns are made to fit in balance (at least thats what they try to do) so it all comes down to player preference and a little practice.

Comment

never, the G36E if by far in my opionion.. Not only the best medic weapon. But the most accurate weapon in the game (exception of sniper rifles). But yes thats my thoughts.

Comment

I personnaly like it too (my second unlock I got), But latley I have been using the G36E for my medic gun and been playing assualt a lot (G3 FTW).

Comment

Working...
                            X