Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the unsupported SF still being sold for $29?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the unsupported SF still being sold for $29?

I was in compusa yesterday and saw Special Forces for sale at $29.

If EA no longer is supporting SF, then why are they still selling it to consumers?

And why is the price $29, wasnt it $19 when first released?

I smell class action suit against EA for continuing to sell a product that is no longer supported, especially when the product refers to customer support on the back cover.

Re: Why is the unsupported SF still being sold for $29?

There ideal of support may be selling it to cusumers and they may not know it is no longer being supported by EA, otherwise I would purchase it.

Comment

They're not supporting it anymore?

Where did you read that?

Comment

It was brought up on the EA Suggestion section and they never gave a yes or no, just a maybe.

Comment

SF is damn good, puts BF2 to shame to be honest.
          Ever since I played SF I havent touched regular BF2, SF is just all-together so much better.

Comment

Its a matter of taste, the maps for SF are in my opinion badly designed. Wished they'd come out with some new SF maps or atleast bring some of the factions into ragular BF2 (Rebels and Insurgents, love those RPGs) or some of the gear (grappling hooks in Great Wall).

Comment

The main problem with the maps is that when you fill a server with 64 people it tends to turn into a base rape fest, it's easy to get boxed in right from the start. You've got to find servers that run fewer max players on the maps in order for it to be any fun, 26 or even 18 on the 64 player maps is just right.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                Its a matter of taste, the maps for SF are in my opinion badly designed. Wished they'd come out with some new SF maps or atleast bring some of the factions into ragular BF2 (Rebels and Insurgents, love those RPGs) or some of the gear (grappling hooks in Great Wall).
                Yes, thaqt has been mention by me and some others. No boosters for SF

Comment

Maps designed badly ?? you must be dreaming, every single map (except the night ones) are miles better then BF2 maps.
                  Not only that there is alot more teamwork and teamplay, unlike BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47-Warlord
                    Maps designed badly ?? you must be dreaming, every single map (except the night ones) are miles better then BF2 maps.
                    Not only that there is alot more teamwork and teamplay, unlike BF2.
                    What about Iron Gator? That map is horrible...

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz
                      What about Iron Gator? That map is horrible...
                      Yeah i totally agree, Warlord its obviously all about personal preference, i IMO think that SF isnt close to being as cool as Vanilla dude. SF lags like total hell compared to Vanilla for me, and quite a few others from what i hear.

I DO however LOVE love LOVE the insurgents, they rock.

Comment

1. SF doesnt lag here one bit ... get a better computer.
                        2. Warlord, Surge, Mass Destruction & Ghost Town totally own every single map that is in BF2, even Karkand.
                        3. Again, teamwork in SF is about 100x of what it is in BF2 not to mention the ALOT better armies like the SAS, Russian Spetsnaz, Rebels and the Insurgents ..... which Id take over MEC and China anyday of the week.

But to each their own.

Comment

unsupported? as far as im concerned, when its still getting patched, its still supported. sure, no booster packs are going to come out for it, but its a friggin expension pack. why boost a booster?

warlord... as far as im concerned, the spetsnaz and rebels are exactly the same as the MEC... at least on mass destruction (only map i had a chance to play on right now). only change ive seen? GL for the support guys and the grappling hok/ zip line.

Comment

Sorry bro, AK vs. AK factions is cool, new RPG thats alot more fun to use and the Support Kit does not have a GL (no nade in there, but that would be cool). SF is a very welcome variation to the normal BF2 USMC vs everyone else!

You know what would be cool is if they released some smaller 16 player maps only for and using SF factions and Gear in locations like a dark wherehouse, air craft hanger, in a 747 or larger plane or a mantion like that in Warlords. That would be a sweet SF only booster. Infact thats a great idea for a EA submission.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Smith
                              warlord... as far as im concerned, the spetsnaz and rebels are exactly the same as the MEC
                              Not really, Spetsnaz are Russian Special Force while Rebels are Chechen fighters mixed with Merceneries ... they all got same weapons cause they get them from the same places.
                              MEC is just that MEC ...... nothing really intresting about them, Spetsnaz and Rebels have a long history of fighting eachother.

Comment

Working...
                              X