No announcement yet.

Anyone seen the BBC Movie "Bravo 2-0"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone seen the BBC Movie "Bravo 2-0"?

We Were Soldiers also seemed like a decent one, I'll have to read the book it was based on.

Anyone from the UK remember a two part series that was shown in the 90's. Now it might have been shown in the US but I doubt it. It was called "Warriors", showing a British unit attached to the UN Peacekeeping mission in the Balkans, and basically how screwed up that whole thing was. I'm not sure if it was an ITV or BBC production.

Comment

See that the Special Authors Service has gone stateside then!! Have to agree with taking it for a whole bucket of salt (and a liberal sprinkling of cheese!! ) after Ashers' 'Real Bravo Two Zero' - Not a single empty case or shred of evidence of an actual contact!!

That said yea they are ok I suppose

Originally posted by Jade Falcon
      We Were Soldiers also seemed like a decent one, I'll have to read the book it was based on.

Anyone from the UK remember a two part series that was shown in the 90's. Now it might have been shown in the US but I doubt it. It was called "Warriors", showing a British unit attached to the UN Peacekeeping mission in the Balkans, and basically how screwed up that whole thing was. I'm not sure if it was an ITV or BBC production.
      Warriors - BBC - got the DVD off ebay. The 1st part before deployment isn't so great but everything else is very powerfull indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by cemmyz
        See that the Special Authors Service has gone stateside then!! Have to agree with taking it for a whole bucket of salt (and a liberal sprinkling of cheese!! ) after Ashers' 'Real Bravo Two Zero' - Not a single empty case or shred of evidence of an actual contact!!

That said yea they are ok I suppose

BBC - got the DVD off ebay. The 1st part before deployment isn't so great but everything else is very powerfull indeed!
        Wait doesn't SAS stand for "Super Army Soldier"?

Comment

Originally posted by ChuChu
          Wait doesn't SAS stand for "Super Army Soldier"?
          Oh yea sorry my bad *cough* must have got myself confused

Comment

Wind Talkers was weak. Jarhead sucks by all accounts. Bravo Two Zero is worth watching. Absolutely.

Comment

I thought Windtalkers was only so-so. It could have been made so much better with such an incredible true story.

I also recommend 'A bridge too far.' That is a classic. It was made in the 70's, and they could barely find enough WWII equipment to film some of the scenes. Top quality movie.

Comment

Hamburger Hill was kick ass.

Comment

"Bravo two zero" is the callsign of the patrol, the letter comes from a code sheet and is prounounced from the uk military alphabet the 20 is a fixed callsign for either- the 2nd company or 2nd platoon. It would be said as "Bravo two zero" not "Bee twenty"

Comment

Originally posted by I_M_Weasel0r
                    "Bravo two zero" is the callsign of the patrol, the letter comes from a code sheet and is prounounced from the uk military alphabet the 20 is a fixed callsign for either- the 2nd company or 2nd platoon. It would be said as "Bravo two zero" not "Bee twenty"

Who are you addressing?

Comment

Originally posted by I_M_Weasel0r
                      Are we allowed to talk about BATCO in public.....?

Comment

[QUOTE=cemmyz]Have to agree with taking it for a whole bucket of salt (and a liberal sprinkling of cheese!! ) after Ashers' 'Real Bravo Two Zero' - Not a single empty case or shred of evidence of an actual contact!![QUOTE]

Yeah, I've read 'The Real Bravo Two Zero', and it blew McNab's and Ryan's accounts out of the water, exposing them for the pieces of fiction they were.

I saw 'Warriors' as well, powerful stuff.

Comment

i saw a special on the discovery channel on Bravo in Iraq it was a pretty bad reanactment but the movie will be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by PrayingHands
                            I also recommend 'A bridge too far.' That is a classic. It was made in the 70's, and they could barely find enough WWII equipment to film some of the scenes. Top quality movie.
                            It's been on Cable a couple times recently. Decent movie. I just have a hard time picturing Elliot Gould as a rough and tough Airborn Comander. He is a Streisand butt kissing commie. He should have quit war movies after M*A*S*H. He was good in that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rogue845][QUOTE=cemmyz]Have to agree with taking it for a whole bucket of salt (and a liberal sprinkling of cheese!! ) after Ashers' 'Real Bravo Two Zero' - Not a single empty case or shred of evidence of an actual contact!!

Yeah, I've read 'The Real Bravo Two Zero', and it blew McNab's and Ryan's accounts out of the water, exposing them for the pieces of fiction they were.

I saw 'Warriors' as well, powerful stuff.

One thing that gets me is this man asher goes into iraq while saddam is in powers and questions people and they tell him nothing happened, If this is so why did people die namely the S.A.S boys having said that there was some conflicting storys between mcnabb and ryan oh to sell a book. I know from personal experiance that things like this do happen and that the British army are under equipped that part of the story is true they didnt get what they needed to do the job properly. Asher investigated and talked to republican guard ion the border with syria , that part of his documentry made me laugh there not going to tell him oh yes the sas came here shot us up and we caught a few took them to baghdad and tortured them ,what was he expecting he goes into a country run by a dictator and starts asking questions the veil falls and he gets codswollop.

One thing i always did find amazing was the fact the tacbes never worked i have used these in the past and its true the British armys tacbes are a bunch of rubbish. The film Bravo Two Zero is a great reinactment but still a little way of the truth of the matter that happened i think this is a story you either belive or dont either way its gone down in folklore in the British army .

Comment

The documentary about the Iranian embassy seige is worth watching. Did anyone else see that thing about the Navy Seals on Discovery Channel, it was called hell week or something, it's not called hell week for nothing.

If you want a good war series to watch, Band of Brothers is the one, it's like a 10hour film.

Comment

Working...
                                X