Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how to fly(please help)

Originally posted by oaKenfoLd
    Yeah, I haven't updated it since 1.20 came out. Though we don't have the zig-zag missiles anymore(thanks EA, seriously), AA is still 100x scarier than 1.12 days, so the same things still apply for the most part.

I may add a bit in about the Eurofighter. It sucks for bombing, but its an amazing dogfighter.
    What Joystick do use to fly mate? your Aviator record is pretty good, then again, you did write a guide to it :P

Comment

Originally posted by FerociouS
      What Joystick do use to fly mate? your Aviator record is pretty good, then again, you did write a guide to it :P
      I use the Logitech Extreme 3dpro, with no force feedback. It's a solid stick, $50 US at Best Buy with the warranty(ALWAYS buy the warranty, they don't hold out long and can't really be calibrated. Every time it loses its calibration, you have to return it. I'm on my 5th stick since May of 05, and Best Buy hates me).

Comment

If you cant fly, just dont do it. Be infantry/armor and let someone who will be helpful with a plane get into the cockpit. Words of other people's wisdom will not make you improve. You should go out into empty servers and get a feel of it first.

Comment

Originally posted by oaKenfoLd
          I use the Logitech Extreme 3dpro, with no force feedback. It's a solid stick, $50 US at Best Buy with the warranty(ALWAYS buy the warranty, they don't hold out long and can't really be calibrated. Every time it loses its calibration, you have to return it. I'm on my 5th stick since May of 05, and Best Buy hates me).
          Yeah, thats a good and popular Joystick amongst BF2 air enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
            Not if you practice wrong, then you will fly wrong and never get better.
            Um, that's what the "perfect" part before practice meant duder. Practicing right.

Comment

Using a Saitek Cyborg Evo here. Best trick you can have for ditching enemy aircraft is throttle control. DO NOT fly at top speed, your maneuverability is horrible and you are REALLY easy to tail. You can pull tighter loops at lower speeds. If you get locked, throwing the throttle way down is somewhat effective, since it gives you the opportunity to move really erratically for a moment, but you've gotta be careful with it because you drop like a rock and it's hard to pick up unless you're pretty high up to start. Never dump flares while turning and being tailed, you'll throw them out of view and that makes them totally worthless.

Bout the best advice I can give. I'm really rusty right now and the air-to-air buffs are kinda getting to me too. :P

You should go out into empty servers and get a feel of it first.
              Flying is easy, flying under pressure is not. You have to practice against real people to get better, as much as the rest of your team will hate you for being a bad pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT

Flying is easy, flying under pressure is not.
                This is where practice comes in.

Practice is a means to see your limits and get used to them. Practice also opens door to new possibilities. Its certainly not the way to be perfect, but without practice, theres no experience, and without both of those, theres no skills.

Comment

Working...
                X