how to fly(please help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fly(please help)

please could someone tell me how to fly without beeing shot down by enemy aircraft.please help

Re: how to fly(please help)

First, try to "search" the forum.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/searc...earchid=682585

Second, read the threads out there. I've seen many of "jet tricks, help" etc. And also wrote in them..

*EDIT* What is a new thread good for?

Comment

LOL

This post is a good way to get trash talked, but I can help a bit.

I'm not sure what you are using to fly, but if you're using the keyboard and/or mouse, I've read that you must increase your mouse sensitivity in-game and also the other "yaw" sensitivities.

As for the actual dynamics of how to fly, search the forums as there are tips and tricks on how to fly helicopters and jets.

Personally, I fly with a joystick because I'm used to flying with one within other flight sims. Here are some tricks I've learned with using the jets:

- Switch to your bombs instead of AA when flying around. This give you the opportunity of seeing ground troops/tanks for possible bombing runs, but also gives you a chance to tail another jet if you glance him/her during a fly by. Once you get behind said person, try and stay far enuogh away from him so your A2A missiles track properly, then switch when you either see him slow down or drop his flares from someone else.

- the most important trick when flying is to quickly switch back and forth between your internal and external views. this allows you to make certain you have no1 trailing you, and can show you how well your bomb runs can be. If you are unlucky enough to have an ace on your tail, your best bet is to try and evade him by pulling off loops, half loops, roll/loops, etc. You need to be inventive. If you are locked on, and not in a MIG or J-10, you can kiss you ass goodbye!

PEACE

Comment

Tips & Tricks Post all your latest findings, guides, and map strats here.
        Please do NOT request help here.

Comment

1.) Use your views, drop cam in turns and continuously check front chase to see if anyone's following you with their missiles shut off.
          2.) Practice! I can't stress this enough, practice makes perfect.
          3.) For bombing, switch to front chase as soon as you drop your bombs and watch where they land. After a few weeks of doing this your bombing accuracy will improve substantially. Oh and try to come in at as steep an angle as possible when bombing, you don't have to lead as much and both bombs will land closer together.

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
            practice makes perfect.
            WRONG!

Practise does not make perfect! Practise makes permanent, you could practise day and night...but how do you know you are doing it right?

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
              WRONG!

Practise does not make perfect! Practise makes permanent, you could practise day and night...but how do you know you are doing it right?
              Perfect practice makes perfect

Comment

Originally posted by ImgSunscreen
                Perfect practice makes perfect
                Not if you practice wrong, then you will fly wrong and never get better.

Comment

why would you start a new thread on exactly the same topic you just made not two days ago?

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
                    Not if you practice wrong, then you will fly wrong and never get better.
                    Thanks, someone else understands

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                      WRONG!

I agree that practice does not make you perfect, I hate that term...but the analogy refers to a simple aspect: If you practice you will get better. If you know what to practice that is

Someone could practice shooting a target for 5yrs straight, but be led to "know/think" that the shot should hit the blue instead of the red. He's practiced for the "blue" instead of the "red", and he's gotten alot better at it. Is this what you were refering to?

Comment

Flying guide.

Comment

Originally posted by oaKenfoLd
                          This guide is abit dated, as to the introduction of high powered AA in the 1.2 patch, but still has the basic manouvers and evasion techniques you can use against other Jets, but 7/10 of the time since the 1.2patch you will come across some idiot Pilot who Fires all 6 or all 4 missiles at you soon as he gets a lock on you, and has absolutley no skill in how to use the board gun against another Jet,, so he goes back for a reload after hes out of missiles.
                          They should bring back the proper dogfighting days, when board gun usage Jet vs jet was more common, now i hardly ever see it happen, very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by ain-est
                            please could someone tell me how to fly without beeing shot down by enemy aircraft.please help
                            Don't get into the F35

Comment

Originally posted by FerociouS
                              This guide is abit dated, as to the introduction of high powered AA in the 1.2 patch, but still has the basic manouvers and evasion techniques you can use against other Jets, but 7/10 of the time since the 1.2patch you will come across some idiot Pilot who Fires all 6 or all 4 missiles at you soon as he gets a lock on you, and has absolutley no skill in how to use the board gun against another Jet,, so he goes back for a reload after hes out of missiles.
                              They should bring back the proper dogfighting days, when board gun usage Jet vs jet was more common, now i hardly ever see it happen, very rare.
                              Yeah, I haven't updated it since 1.20 came out. Though we don't have the zig-zag missiles anymore(thanks EA, seriously), AA is still 100x scarier than 1.12 days, so the same things still apply for the most part.

I may add a bit in about the Eurofighter. It sucks for bombing, but its an amazing dogfighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X