Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WOW banned for obeying the ROE.

Originally posted by ExtraSolar

While what you are saying is quite true, you have to think legality. When these server admins purchased these ranked servers from EA, they basically signed a contract. As with every contract, there are rules. They are, in reality, breaking those rules. You can say what you want about it being their server and how infantry-only is better. All of that makes no difference to EA. Their contract; Their rules.

Yes it is EA's contract and rules; therefore let EA police their own servers. Last thing we need is a bunch of do right wannabe cops running around snitching on people..

Comment

Originally posted by Ognacy
      BF2 is about some team spirit. Or should be. If you see 20 people willing to go and have a skill-based infantry round, do as they want or leave. Thats how communities work. Dont ruin their fun. This game is not about you only, and you have plenty of choices, there are nice servers with tanks, jets and whatever vehicles you might like. If you can only masterbate, concentrate on this activity and leave bf2 for those that do show some team spirit and social skills. Or just find a girlfriend and get a life. The same applies for the sorry bunch of 'denounce them!!!' snitches that post on this forum. Shame on you.

Ognacy
      Instead of badgering the guy and calling him a basement dwelling mama's boy. Look at the facts. It was a ranked server, that is why he was there. Ranked servers are under contract and have rules they must follow, thus your logic of... IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, THEN LEAVE. Does not, and SHOULD not apply to a RANKED server. In turn, Don't ruin OUR fun just to stat pad and make stupid rules for something that is breaking the ROE.

When I get on ranked servers, I expect rules set into place. On that note, more peeps need to run knife and pistols only.

Comment

but why ruin their fun? its hardly stat padding, its just having some good fun playing a scenario that EA never put into the game.

Comment

well i agree that ratting out every single server choice is bad, EA needs to more carefully monitor these little "kingdoms" of patronizing, moronic admins, especially the clan ones.

really, the servers could ban anyone for being in a tank, and as long as they never said why there would be no way to punish the clan.

its just incredibly annoying to know that most of the time youre at the mercy of some crazy little internet cult as to whether you play or are kicked/ banned....

Comment

§1.5 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
            • § Infantry only Servers
            • § Kicking Players who use vehicles or aircraft
            • § Limiting certain vehicles or aircraft for non clan members

That was posted directly by the bf2RS. I posted at www.team-2r.com and only got this.

I would not be so mad at this whole sitution if I didnt
            A) lose 170 points from the round being about to finish
            B) Banned from my favorite of all time server.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtus2
              http://www.team-2r.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160

I would not be so mad at this whole sitution if I didnt
              A) lose 170 points from the round being about to finish
              B) Banned from my favorite of all time server.
              how did you lose 170 points? if you get a score of 200, leaving or getting kicked doesnt make you lose points..... were you commander and going to win with a score of 170? then maybe it wasnt best to complain!

and maybe it SHOULDNT be your fav server if its not obeying the ROE and bans you.....

and whats with my quote in your sig? seems normal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread Mafia
                Yes it is EA's contract and rules; therefore let EA police their own servers. Last thing we need is a bunch of do right wannabe cops running around snitching on people..
                Well, that is easier said than done. Maybe you should consider the fact that they don't monitor for servers like these. Maybe we could wait around for the next year hoping these servers get shutdown. Or, we could do something about it now. I hate snitching like the next guy, but when admins kick/ban for stupid crap like this, that is when something must be done about it.

Originally posted by =LAF=Ronald
                but why ruin their fun? its hardly stat padding, its just having some good fun playing a scenario that EA never put into the game.
                lmao

Trust me. The knife/pistol only servers ARE statpadding servers. Go in as a medic and keep reviving and tell me it isn't statpadding. You have to be blind not to see that.

Comment

BF2RS is a joke, they dont do ****

Comment

EA doesn't make money from shutting down servers. They don't make money from policing servers. EA must pay employees to handle situations like this. EA will spend as little money as possible to achieve the "look" of enforcement. They will zero accounts of blatant padders, but that's mostly it.

Personally, I like the little twists on games...and they(clan) probably pay $150+ monthly for the server. There are too many choices to worry about 1 ranked clan server. However, I do agree with the poster that this situation is indeed against the rules set forth for level gameplay.

Comment

Funny, i had the same problem today.. Same server... thankfully, i took a screenshot..

Here is your proof.

Comment

^ Nowhere does it label it as a Ranked server. You should enter and get a shot of the server rules and the scoreboard.

Comment

Dont you feel cheap killing loads guys with pistols and knifes in your mightly tank????

Join a different server you......

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraSolar
                            Well, that is easier said than done. Maybe you should consider the fact that they don't monitor for servers like these. Maybe we could wait around for the next year hoping these servers get shutdown. Or, we could do something about it now. I hate snitching like the next guy, but when admins kick/ban for stupid crap like this, that is when something must be done about it.

lmao

Trust me. The knife/pistol only servers ARE statpadding servers. Go in as a medic and keep reviving and tell me it isn't statpadding. You have to be blind not to see that.
                            im sorry now infantry only is knife/pistol? i think not. if you dont like their rules play in a different server. stop ruining there fun just so you can get your "revenge." if you dont like it leave. pathetic that you would waste your time just to get someone punished for having fun. instead of complaining how about you enjoy yourself and play infantry only.

Comment

Yea ronald and then I should download those hacks to really enjoy myself. Man and when I get banned I should complain that I did it to enjoy myself. Or if the server says shock paddles only then I should follow there orders and ENJOY myself right? ... *Idiot.*

Lol just found this on there forums.....

Well actually this guy threatened to report to Bf2 Ranked servers, that is why he got banned. But we changed back to normal after. And this guy is now unbanned, please do not start threatening. We are deeply sorry and the person who banned you is kicked from the clan. -2R GodGirl

Lol so they banned me because they were about to get caught...

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleD
                                Funny, i had the same problem today.. Same server... thankfully, i took a screenshot..

Here is your proof.

pic edit
                                This guy is F.O.S.

here is an image of the server here.

I have been going to this server for a long while.
                                It has said the same thing for the last say.......... 3 months or so.. So whatever you did you are lying about..

This image was taken 2 seconds before I got out of game.

And yes its a ranked server.

Comment

Working...
                                X