WOW banned for obeying the ROE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW banned for obeying the ROE.

Today I was playing on the 24/7 2R serv. They said that there will be no armor next round and no vehichles period. All grunts. No transports nothing. I said that is agiasnt the ROE and if you do that your server will possibly be shutdown. We continued our debate and sure enough I got banned for being "stupid and bossy". So my main question/complaint is... Was I doing anything wrong? I had a 200+ score too. It was a 30 people on a 64 map and I was guilty of armor whoring.

Re: WOW banned for obeying the ROE.

Report them.

Comment

/thread

Comment

Do you guys think the server would get shutdown for this?

Comment

No.
          Not without evidance to back it up.
          Even with evidance, they are likely to only get a warning unless they have been previously reported.

Comment

It's a very valid complaint for a ranked server.

Comment

That's garbage. I've been kicked from servers before because I wasn't using only my pistol.

Comment

Too many people want to have their cake and eat it too, i.e. ranked server with restrictions to change the gameplay. EA could create a separate line of stats for your account that only picks up stats from modified gameplay servers.

Comment

Its amazing how many servers are against the rules.

And its amazing how many fools beleive reporting them to that website bf2rankerservers.com will accomplish anything.

For starters, you need overwhelming proof, a lot of time to get it and a lot of patience whilst they bother trying to fix the problem. I have noticed weeks have passed and servers who have broken the rules, and been reported are still there! Its no different with stat padders. I have seen stat padders being reported weeks ago but nothing ends up happening to them. And you dont need to quote me how many have had their stats reset because how many stat padders you think there are? I can almost guarantee its nowhere near the number with stats reset. Its like a waiting list for a hospital, but the waiting list is for something like copping a speeding ticket. "Sorry sir, you cannot be fined for speeding this week so we will fine you in 2 months."

Comment

maybe you should

A. Listen to what they say and have fun playing infantry only
                    B. Go find a new server

Comment

Originally posted by =LAF=Ronald
                      maybe you should

A. Listen to what they say and have fun playing infantry only
                      B. Go find a new server
                      Word to the Ronald

Comment

BF2 is about some team spirit. Or should be. If you see 20 people willing to go and have a skill-based infantry round, do as they want or leave. Thats how communities work. Dont ruin their fun. This game is not about you only, and you have plenty of choices, there are nice servers with tanks, jets and whatever vehicles you might like. If you can only masterbate, concentrate on this activity and leave bf2 for those that do show some team spirit and social skills. Or just find a girlfriend and get a life. The same applies for the sorry bunch of 'denounce them!!!' snitches that post on this forum. Shame on you.

Ognacy

Comment

i just played on that server, damn fun. they actually kick the people. there were a bunch of admins on too, excellent server.

Comment

The #1 problem is starting a debate with the admins of a server. If you mention anything about them being shutdown due to ROE, you WILL be banned instantly. I know from experience. Basically, this is what you SHOULD do to get something done about this type of situation. Do not say anything. As the rules come up on the screen, or they type something like "no armor next round", you simply take a bunch of screenshots of that and the scoreboard. Then goto the BF2 Ranked website and report them. Without screenshots, they won't even look at you.

Originally posted by Ognacy
                            BF2 is about some team spirit. Or should be. If you see 20 people willing to go and have a skill-based infantry round, do as they want or leave. Thats how communities work. Dont ruin their fun. This game is not about you only, and you have plenty of choices, there are nice servers with tanks, jets and whatever vehicles you might like. If you can only masterbate, concentrate on this activity and leave bf2 for those that do show some team spirit and social skills. Or just find a girlfriend and get a life. The same applies for the sorry bunch of 'denounce them!!!' snitches that post on this forum. Shame on you.

Ognacy
                            While what you are saying is quite true, you have to think legality. When these server admins purchased these ranked servers from EA, they basically signed a contract. As with every contract, there are rules. They are, in reality, breaking those rules. You can say what you want about it being their server and how infantry-only is better. All of that makes no difference to EA. Their contract; Their rules.

Comment

perhaps, rather than argue and get banned, simply use tanks normally and say its against the ROE when they protest.

or dont join strange, fruity clan type servers that might restrict stuff. i play literally 100 percent on 64 player ranked servers and have never seen this happen.

ive been banned for pointing out when clan members are hacking, and or killing them too many times in a row, but never for this kind of stuff.

and virtus! i stand by my quote thats in your sig for some reason. believe me, ive been shot down by enough bradleys in operation smokescreen to know its the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X