How Mines and claymores should really be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Mines and claymores should really be

claymores and mines being FF friendly was the only way to stop IDIOTS from trapping their own team. The griefing potential was insane.

Mines are very affective at creating temporary detours and hampering the response time of troops as well as keeping armor at bay under certain conditions.

I said this in another forum in reguards to claymores. They are needed for sniper rear guard protection. Perhaps make it so they are only deplyed with in a specific range from the sniper. If the sniper moves to far away they disapear or detonate. That way any claymore discovery or kill will signal to those around that a sniper is near. Then the sniper will have to be involved personaly. They relocate or attack. No more dropping them anywhere while not being a help to the sniper (while snipeing).

As they are now they are like being able to cook a nade.

Comment

Originally posted by Diarrabies

You have obviously never spent anytime as sniper in a pre-patch public server.
      actually i have and if you check my stats the majority of my claymore kills were pre any patch but being i suck as a sniper again check my stats to prove i suck with sniper rifles I found it quite easy to kill enemy not freindly with claymores, granted i did get a fair share of TKs but i learned to play servers with out a majority of runlikeabatoutofhellwithoutlookingwhereurgoin noobs on them and to place them a tad more inventive than the normal palce it by the flag or doorway.
      however your point is well taken playing on a lot of public servers was reason enough not to be a sniper.

Comment

what i would love to see with claymores and at mines is

left click would just quickly throw the mine down
        but right click would take about 10 seconds to HIDE the mine

your team would still be able to see the red skulls but the other team would not be able to see the
        and you could make it so that only engineers of either team could see the mines no matter what

Comment

Working...
        X