How Mines and claymores should really be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Mines and claymores should really be

for mines and claymores ff should be on and they should be destructible to make them realistic, they had it very close to right originally so in my opinion their "fix" to them made them unrealistic, all they needed to do was make it so snipers could pick up their claymores, and in reality the snipers shouldn't have the claymores the engineers should. The other part of a real fix would be that if a teammate died from your claymore or mine they get a TK on themself for being stupid.

My mine usage has dropped as i used to use them offensively setting them in hidden areas then when an enemy approached wether it be a tank or infantry setting the mines off with a grenade, now i cant do this so whats the point of placing a mine that everyone can see and just drive around?

don't get me wrong i still use mines there are few spots you can place mines that when the enemy comes driving fast they don't have time to stop but it bugs me my teamamtes can drive over them with inpunity kinda unreal...

Re: How Mines and claymores should really be

Taking the claymores away from snipers is taking away their last and only defense. Taint happenin'

Comment

Originally posted by Takoma_Stock
      Taking the claymores away from snipers is taking away their last and only defense. Taint happenin'
      i agree it wont happen was just pointing out when i was in the Marines the engineers had them not the snipers

Comment

when you could take them out with nades in the previous patch, it seemed kinda stupid. Yes, i guess in real life you could take them out with a nade, but for a game, its just not practical. If your gonna make them destructable then you might as well, pull them out of the game completely.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
          when you could take them out with nades in the previous patch, it seemed kinda stupid. Yes, i guess in real life you could take them out with a nade, but for a game, its just not practical. If your gonna make them destructable then you might as well, pull them out of the game completely.
          I can understand how you would feel that way many people do but personally i found when they were destructible it forced me to be creative as to where i placed them and how i used them, mainly not droping them and moving on but dropping them and monitoring them knowing i could set them off with a grenade my self (kinda like a real life detonator) and even though they werent in the set off zone they were still in the blast zone and they died, i found this more rewarding than drop and move on hoping to read later i killed some poor shmuck on the other end of the map without ever even seeing him..., i got quite good at it if you check my stats ..but the majority of the mine and claymore kills were a long time ago since they turned ff off i use them rarely.

Comment

they had it very close to right originally so in my opinion their "fix" to them made them unrealistic, all they needed to do was make it so snipers could pick up their claymores, and in reality the snipers shouldn't have the claymores the engineers should.
            The game isn't about realism. It is about balance and playability. Before the patch claymores were absolutely useless as they were way too risky to use. 9 times out of 10 if you put a mine of a cm down you would get a TK. Noone played engy and no sniper used claymores. If they want to revert, they might as well just take both out of the game.

The other part of a real fix would be that if a teammate died from your claymore or mine they get a TK on themself for being stupid.
            You can intentionally kill other people with mines and cm. Giving this option would be a griefer's dream come true. Horribly bad idea.

This makes no sense. Now when you see them, there is nothing you can do short of letting them kill you and then having someone revive you. There is absolutely no way to disarm them. . .you just have to look at them stupidly. giving means to blow them up means that well placed ones will get people while the spammed ones (or ones just placed around a flag) will be taken out. I think making them destructible is a very good idea.

Comment

claymore that is put somewhere where you can drive i.e near a flag that you can drive up to.
              drive up to it it will explode = no more clay,so that only leaves a few flags you cant drive up to.

its a game,a game that needs a balance.

if you play sniper all the time from day one then you will no how stupid it was to drop one and how most ppl on youre team ran in to them,and how the tk start to rank up.

1.22 2 clays at a time and cant kill team mates,
              snipers use them now
              pre 1.2 5 clays at a time can kill team mates.
              sniper hardly used them so using 5 was stupid why? 5 clays down + 5 tk = kick

do you see the pro's and con's there for balancing ,for getrealism this is a game not real life.

if this game was based on realism then no one would be playing anymore as we would all be dead by now

msg from EA you cd key is no longer usfull as you died in our realistic world of bf2.please spend 50 and buy a new game and get 1 life to play with good luck.

Comment

They used to have it on, dont know how many here remember but it was on then so many people complained because they thought the red skull meant "Free Cookies Here" or something. I mean, if you see the red skull, just assume it is a claymore and go around, how tough is that? But, no they had to nerf it. I guess I just got used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                  claymore that is put somewhere where you can drive i.e near a flag that you can drive up to.
                  drive up to it it will explode = no more clay,so that only leaves a few flags you cant drive up to.

if you play sniper all the time from day one then you will no how stupid it was to drop one and how most ppl on youre team ran in to them,and how the tk start to rank up.

snipers use them now

do you see the pro's and con's there for balancing ,for getrealism this is a game not real life.

if this game was based on realism then no one would be playing anymore as we would all be dead by now

msg from EA you cd key is no longer usfull as you died in our realistic world of bf2.please spend 50 and buy a new game and get 1 life to play with good luck.
                  Your response and finisher was about a cliche as teen pregnancy.

Yes; Claymore did kill friendlies more than it killed enemies pre. tweaks. Yes; claymores did need some loving of some type in order to be worth a damn. Yes, things changed.

...but, it's in no way reasonable the way it is. The idea of having a weapon that you can throw the ground and guarantee yourself a kill is just as stupid as a weapon that guarantees you a TK. All EA needed to do to fix the claymore issue is render them completely ineffective against friendlies, and allow them to be destroyed. It's like they got about 50% of the equation right and just quit.

I don't notice the darn things really because I'm trying to become almost 100% Anti-Karky. That seems to be the only map you're able to notice these little infantry imbalances. Should be addressed though. A claymore shouldn't be a direct assault weapon, it should be a mine. A booby-trap (...mmmm). It's not somthing you should be able to deploy when an Assault play is standing in front of you, dance around, and wait for it to arm and kill him without him having any chance to render the thing useless.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF

Balance? how do you explain one side having uncaps and another not? this is balance?

Creative claymore placement and teamwork prevent TKs from claymores.

snipers use them now

Please don't begrudge the portion of the community that playes for the realism factors of the BF series. As far a balance there is no real balance in the game, for example 1 l33t pilot can own an entire enemy team...on most maps one team can take enough flags to own all the armor and have undefeatable armor colums that rape the other team...on Sharqi all a team has to do is get inside the tv sation and defend from inside and will win eben though the other team has every other flag...wheres the balance in these facts? and their are many more examples so claymores and mines are a very minor factor compared to these BALANCE facts

realism does not = reality but merely a simulation as close as possible to it

anyways thanks for your input its always fun to discuss this stuff without shooting or flaming...

Comment

I think that landmines and claymores should be set off by friendlies, and that claymores (but not landmines) should be destructible.

Claymores are supposed to be self-defense to cover the sniper as he’s sniping, so why am I constantly finding claymores placed in heavily trafficked (by both teams) alleys and at every flag? Like the creators of Battlefield: Claymore said, "There are almost no repercussions for laying claymores down, so you can be rest assured that all the enemy snipers will be spamming those babies all over the place." "Will my claymores kill me or my allies, giving me negative points?" "Of course not, that would be silly and responsible on the developers' part."

Of course, this would be assuming a perfect Battlefield 2, where people aren't constantly running right over landmines in fully loaded vehicles, but that's not the case. So I think that claymores and landmines set off by friendlies shouldn't do full damage and shouldn't (necessarily) earn the sniper/engineer negative points. But there are times when the sniper/engineer puts them in stupid places and deserves the penalty, so it's not always perfect.

Comment

Mines! Have I missed something, how do you distinguish your mines from the enemy ones?

Comment

Mines/Claymores should detonate if a teamate passes over, but it shouldn't kill. That would make people think before using them. Without the annoying TK due to people's incompetence.

Sure it's not realistic but this game isn't realistic at all anyway. The main problem is that no thought is currently being put into the usage of claymores. People just spam them anywhere and get some 'cheap' kills.

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                            anyways thanks for your input its always fun to discuss this stuff without shooting or flaming...
                            np's its a discusion after all.

when i said balance i did mean class/kit uncaps ect is for another thread.
                            i was trying to stick to the point of claymore's and the balance ff 0ff has brought.

pre 1.2 it was dangerous to asume you could place a claymore anyware usfull to the team.(backside not included)

but 1.22 has made the sniper class a little usfull as they can aid there team/squad with a weapon that can hold a flag for a few seconds longer.

that EA quote was a jk anyway.

as for realism if you were a engy and could fix a tank that fast,u would be working for ferrari in schumachers(prob spell error) pit lane and he could just fly throgh with 8 superfast repair engys from bf2<yes another j.k

1 claymore = usfull for killing 1 infantary 2 if youre lucky
                            then thats the end of the allstoping claymore.

now if it was a self arming laptop gun turret(perfectdark anyone?) then it would be a issue imo(a bit of sarcasim there

qoute from you......Please don't begrudge the portion of the community that playes for the realism factors of the BF series. As far a balance there is no real balance in the game, for example 1 l33t pilot can own an entire enemy team...on most maps one team can take enough flags to own all the armor and have undefeatable armor colums that rape the other team...on Sharqi all a team has to do is get inside the tv sation and defend from inside and will win eben though the other team has every other flag...wheres the balance in these facts? and their are many more examples so claymores and mines are a very minor factor compared to these BALANCE facts
                            im not trying to begrudge any portion of the comunity that plays for the realism factor,but bf2 is far from that.

my fav weapon should desamate all in one shot,and if it did i wouldnt need clays.

i could write a list of things that are no where near realism in bf2.but i wont becuase thats the game of bf2 arcade style fps shooter.

ignoring loads of other things that dont compare to realistic and then saying im begruding the community becuase of one more unrealistic thing(claymore) is a tad unfair.

im mearly suggesting that now its favour the sniper a bit more than it did before,thats all.

realism please send me a EA supply crate so when my pc starts to misbehave i can put the EA supply crate next to it and it will procced to fix it,like it realistcaly does in bf2

^all my point of view nothing agaist you

procced to reply in a good manor but dont hold back on what you think.

Comment

I can understand how you would feel that way many people do but personally i found when they were destructible it forced me to be creative as to where i placed them and how i used them.
                              Originally posted by evilzucchini
                              Before the patch claymores were absolutely useless as they were way too risky to use. 9 times out of 10 if you put a mine of a cm down you would get a TK. Noone played engy and no sniper used claymores
                              Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                              The idea of having a weapon that you can throw the ground and guarantee yourself a kill is just as stupid as a weapon that guarantees you a TK. All EA needed to do to fix the claymore issue is render them completely ineffective against friendlies, and allow them to be destroyed. It's like they got about 50% of the equation right and just quit.
                              All of this quoted for truth.

Keeping FF off for mines isn't any more unrealistic than a big red skull and crosshairs over every mine. We can just assume that since all friendlies know where a mine or claymore is, they can step around the trip wire or carefully avoid the mine. I don't think it's that unrealistic.

Making mines destructible means that clay-whoring will just be a waste of clays, thus solving the current problems. Only clever snipers who get really smart with placing their claymores will get kills with them, and only tards who aren't careful will get killed by them.
                              Problem solved.

Creative claymore placement and teamwork prevent TKs from claymores.
                              You have obviously never spent anytime as sniper in a pre-patch public server.

Comment

Working...
                              X