Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA missed reality?

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
    ahh norge' i remember it well, but the only norwiegan I remember is how to ask a girl to dance... skal vi danse

I was in Norway in 1980 doing a Nato Operation froze my butt off but its such a beautiful country, what really amazed me was as i commanded my USMC tank along a narrow road on a mountain side the Norge forces would ski along above us on the moutain really fast shooting simulated RPG's at us, it woulda been tank commander's nightmare trying to really defeat that in a real war.
    ****, my stove/range is a Norge.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      The only thing I find odd is the way people continune to compair this arcady action game to real life...
      well, i wouldnt call it arcade, it has decent approximations of just about all the weapons.

obviously the tactics and much of the technology arent there, but what the hell , this is as realistic as it gets while still being fun.

CS is less realistic. running around a maze, with the guy with the biggest gun and biggest hack winning.

Comment

DICE has to get a blance between reality and gameplay, and theyve done a good job. This game would probably be horrible if they went for 100% realism.

Comment

first guy to the apache or F15 would win.

oh yeah, and the non US side would have the same life expectancy as a mosquito. actually, way less!

Comment

Pretty much. And lets not forget the fun of watching our characters bleed to death from one hit...

Comment

Originally posted by IntensivCareBear
              [/B]CS is less realistic. running around a maze, with the guy with the biggest gun and biggest hack winning.
              Ahh, so your CS performance has nothing to do with skill?

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
                its based upon the very american assumption that eventually there will be the 'united states of europe' almost exactly like the USA.

Its a brilliant and very optimistic idea but what the yanks forget is we all hate each other!

Pity really because the united states of europe would kick ass in fact it would probably take americas crown.
                Except for the fact that the game was actually made in SWEDEN.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
                  Except for the fact that the game was actually made in SWEDEN.
                  pretty sure it was DICE Canada that made the Euro forces booster...

Comment

its based upon the very american assumption that eventually there will be the 'united states of europe' almost exactly like the USA.

Its a brilliant and very optimistic idea but what the yanks forget is we all hate each other!

Pity really because the united states of europe would kick ass in fact it would probably take americas crown.
                    The countries don't need to get along to be allies.

Comment

"the yanks"?

unless your british you don't get to call us that... and if you are british or atleast educated you would know that there is in fact a European Union.

Comment

Working...
                      X