Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Booster Packs/Wallet Booster

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
    Ok I have spoken to many people, read many forums, and ran many polls. It seems to me that at least 30% of the BF community did not buy the booster pacs for the following reasons:
    1. no hard copy
    2. inability to purchase products online
    3. dissapointed by SF so turned away from boosters
    4. hard feelings from patches
    5. bf2 burntout (dislikes of certain aspects)
    6. fact that you cant play all on oneserver

number 6 is the reason I haven't purchased it

I have also done the same with bf2142 and it seems about half the community is not interested in future warefare or has hard feelings about the whole bf2 series of booster pacs and patches and will seek alternatives like FH2, POE2, and other mods instead pf purchasing bf2142.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out down the line.
    Which what happens when you market an unfinished product, but because it is a hit, you release a title bearing it's name to capitalize on the market,such as......a sequal.....which could be good depending on the price and content.

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
      The maps in EF are fun, the only problem is that the Eurofighter Typhoon is bat**** insane and hard to control. Also, the bombs are on the wingtips so precision bombing is more difficult. And ther'es the issue of it pulling to one side constantly... But I'd say it was worth $10.

The Euro Forces maps can be played as part of a regular BF2 map rotation.
      granted yes they can be placed on one server but i ment all not just them I should have been clearer sorry, I actually took them out of our server rotation because I didnt want people to get kicked when they came up cause they hadnt purchased it. But you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
        EA loves to create a game and then when it is a hit, create an expansion pack to draw off the the success like the Sims and now the Sims2. I've played the Sims in the past, but there was not patches that I recall for the game or expanisions.
        There were patches for The Sims, the most obvious way to tell was when you installed an expansion.

Look here: http://thesims.ea.com/us/getcool/gam...dateindex.html

It has patches for Hot Date, Unleashed, and the Deluxe Edition.

Comment

granted yes they can be placed on one server but i ment all not just them I should have been clearer sorry, I actually took them out of our server rotation because I didnt want people to get kicked when they came up cause they hadnt purchased it. But you are correct.
          I agree, the main issue is that servers often get cleared right out when an EF map comes up

Comment

Originally posted by poisonsoul
            There were patches for The Sims, the most obvious way to tell was when you installed an expansion.

Look here: http://thesims.ea.com/us/getcool/gam...dateindex.html

It has patches for Hot Date, Unleashed, and the Deluxe Edition.
            I do not remember needing any patches. I did not have the unleased version, too much to think about with animal and all, but I played it for hours and hours and hours......and their was not anything that seem wrong with it. The only one I remeber off hand is the death bug, where the person who died tombstone was there and grin reaper remained and sometimes you or you people where trapped in a bathroom or room(that was because of the dumb layout I picked).

I have not heard anything about Sims2, but it looks awesome.

Ok so BF2 with one expansion and how many patches do we have? It does not compare to their other games at all. Money and releasing the product at the right time to please their shareholders.

With all EA is making from their games, they can afford a few free maps for BF2 and SF and create some more for EF(3 is not worth my time). Don't make me look up their earnings in the past, becasue that would enflame me even more:evil:

Comment

The booster just seem like a boost to EA's already expanding wallet that supplies little to the gamer. Sure $10 in US in not much at all, but that is the point. A low price place a high demand on the product, but for content, I would pay more, and plus it is cheaper for EA to marktet it as a download only game.
              Supplies little to the gamer?!?!?! Are you daft? C'mon Ace, the content in these booster packs is easily worth the ten bucks. SF provides a wealth of content and new strategy with the zip line and grappling hook alone. If you haven't gotten it yet, GET IT NOW!!! I started to get bored with vanilla BF2 but when SF came out, I started playing it like I did when it was brand new. Sure EF has it's problems and doesn't offer a ton of new strategy but the content is worth checking out. EA does this for money. This is their job. You'd want to make as much as you could doing whatever it is that you do. So do they. There are knocks about their support but I'd wager that it's not as bad as forums make it out to be. In fact, people with complaints are far more motivated to post that people who are satisfied. The game is excellent as a whole. EF is just a small addition to vanilla and is worth a ten spot and SF is an expansion worthy of the Battlefield name. I actually think that the grappling hook and zip line should be phased into vanilla BF2. That would make it almost an entirely new game. Judging by how much I play the game, it's definitely worth it.....

Comment

Originally posted by ||Animal||
                Supplies little to the gamer?!?!?! Are you daft? C'mon Ace, the content in these booster packs is easily worth the ten bucks. SF provides a wealth of content and new strategy with the zip line and grappling hook alone. If you haven't gotten it yet, GET IT NOW!!! I started to get bored with vanilla BF2 but when SF came out, I started playing it like I did when it was brand new. Sure EF has it's problems and doesn't offer a ton of new strategy but the content is worth checking out. EA does this for money. This is their job. You'd want to make as much as you could doing whatever it is that you do. So do they. There are knocks about their support but I'd wager that it's not as bad as forums make it out to be. In fact, people with complaints are far more motivated to post that people who are satisfied. The game is excellent as a whole. EF is just a small addition to vanilla and is worth a ten spot and SF is an expansion worthy of the Battlefield name. I actually think that the grappling hook and zip line should be phased into vanilla BF2. That would make it almost an entirely new game. Judging by how much I play the game, it's definitely worth it.....
                Compared to what SF offered, it does not. One new army, weapons to go along with the army, a helo, jet, three maps.......so. Nothing special like repelling from a blackhawk, or new gadets to explore.

That is good EF is fun, but I would like some added features instead of three maps to explore.....people have been making maps for awhike now...big deal.....show me what you go EA....Can you handle that

Comment

Originally posted by JTF2_darkloop
                  well that is a very good consumer viewpoint
                  and yeah that seems very thought out
                  i am not buying EF now
                  or SF yet

ahh i dont like night maps
                  and EF is a rip
                  it should be free
                  for ea mebers who purchased BF2 legally
                  anyone agree?

JTF2_darkloop
                  well i think a real burn with some people is the fact that many of the things we got from sf were promised to be shipped in the original BF2 but weren't costing us extra to get what we already paid for, and some promises still have never been met, remeber the hover craft? throwable knives? more destructible buidlings? ect ect

so in a sense I think i wuld have been a great public relations move to give the booster pac free as a sort of consolation prize, and would would have made ranked servers have a few more maps for everyone extending the ranked server lives. We have a ranked server and an unranked , right now the ranked gets more play but when POE2 and FH2 comeout i see most of our team being in there more often than the ranked.

Comment

well i think a real burn with some people is the fact that many of the things we got from sf were promised to be shipped in the original BF2 but weren't costing us extra to get what we already paid for, and some promises still have never been met, remeber the hover craft? throwable knives? more destructible buidlings? ect ect

so in a sense I think i wuld have been a great public relations move to give the booster pac free as a sort of consolation prize, and would would have made ranked servers have a few more maps for everyone extending the ranked server lives. We have a ranked server and an unranked , right now the ranked gets more play but when POE2 and FH2 comeout i see most of our team being in there more often than the ranked.
                    Throwable knives! That would be cool.

Free maps(three) or added maps made by map experts could be approved by EA for ranked servers. If someone else makes the map, it does not cost EA nothing....so why not?

Comment

Throwable knives! That would be cool.

Free maps(three) or added maps made by map experts could be approved by EA for ranked servers. If someone else makes the map, it does not cost EA nothing....so why not?
                      If people are getting free maps why would they buy from EA? Competition cuts into their business of selling maps...

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
                        If people are getting free maps why would they buy from EA? Competition cuts into their business of selling maps...
                        Yes, but not supplying new armies, weapons, vehicles and buildings and climate like snow, foggy, rain(ya right) or something. New ranked maps would keep gamers intrests until the boosters come out......so how they losing money.....you don't by keeping the customer happy.....it is all about customer service.

Comment

Working...
                        X