Strange Kill/Death messages in 1.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Kill/Death messages in 1.22

Anyone else seeing strange kill/death messages since the 1.22 patch?

A number of times last night I would be wandering around and see a kill message as if I had killed someone with the current weapon I was holding or vehicle I was driving except I hadn't fired a shot. One time it happened while I was driving along alone in the vodnik, according to the status message I somehow gunned someone down while in the drivers seat???

I was wondering if maybe someone had run over an AT mine that I placed but instead of giving the normal mine kill message it was just using whatever weapon I currently had equipped.

Even weirder I would see my own death messages while I was still alive and perfectly fine, multiple times. It looked like I died 2 or 3 times in a few seconds meanwhile I was completely unharmed in reality. I also saw a messages where a teammate supposodly teamkilled me (didn't happen, I was untouched).

So what I'm wondering is, is this just a display bug or are my stats being screwed because of this? It was happening a lot last night. I asked other people in my squad if they were seeing anything similar and they said no.

Re: Strange Kill/Death messages in 1.22

This used to happen to me since patch 1.2, but some of the messages would be way off

for example:

Layed AT mines in riverbed of dragon valley,
    enemy drives over it resulted in the kill message
    ThoughtForm [J-10] enemysname

I wonder what kind of kill message you'd get if they ran over your mines while you were holding the wrench?

Comment

In 1.21 as a sniper I laid a Claymore, killed someone with a knife, was killed, respawned, was running along when I got the message that I killed someone. I assumed it was the Claymore but when I looked in the upper left it said I killed him with a knife? I didn't even have my knife out at that point as I had respawned.

Comment

seems to be alot of wack crap happening with this patch

Comment

Damn right, the first game I played after installing the 1.22 patch, I get into the map and first thing I see is that I've initiated a kickvote against somebody. It started out that way, I never touched anything. I had to explain to the guy that I didn't do anything. It was kind of funny.

Comment

Ive been seeing that for a couple of months now. I also seem to be getting negative points from somewhere? I usually check my score when I get killed and quite a few times Ive respawned and started running along, rounded the corner and got ran over. Checked my score and Ive picked up a negative 4 points from somewhere. I didnt fire my weapon or anything? Any clues? I have none. . . . . . . . . . Red

Comment

I killed someone with an apache the other day, I was running with G36.

Comment

Anyone know if this is just something that appears on the in-game messages or if it actually affects your stats? Like Hagen, you said you were given an Apache kill... will your stats record it as a helicopter kill? Anyone know?

I've never seen this, but I could use a few more helicopter kills!

Comment

Originally posted by mopar_dak
                  Damn right, the first game I played after installing the 1.22 patch, I get into the map and first thing I see is that I've initiated a kickvote against somebody. It started out that way, I never touched anything. I had to explain to the guy that I didn't do anything. It was kind of funny.
                  Thats the vote kick bug...been in since the game came out and will probably never get fixed.

strangest kill i got was when i was shooting at a guy with my pistol and hit him loads and was supprised he didn't die but he killed me instead. 15 seconds later and i spawn again...then about 10 more seconds later i get the kill on him from my pistol?!?....he couldn't be that lagged heh.

Comment

Recently I have been getting kills that say Trainwreckin [Kills] so and so, and all I had to do was move my cross hair over the preson. I really hope that they fix that soon.

TW

Comment

One time this bug happened to me in 1.12, I was able to punish this guy for a tk when he did no damage at all to me, I got him banned from the server

Comment

This has happened to me recently too... I have a screenshot of my in the F-35B over wake with the lines "you were killed by ..." which couldn't have happened and given me ample time to get back in the jet. Does anyone know where I can post this as a bug report so maybe they can fix this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Rez_K'awil
                          This has happened to me recently too... I have a screenshot of my in the F-35B over wake with the lines "you were killed by ..." which couldn't have happened and given me ample time to get back in the jet. Does anyone know where I can post this as a bug report so maybe they can fix this problem?
                          its already been posted in the bug section....doubt it will get fixed though as it seems to be rare and random.

Comment

Happens to me alot. Similiar to what some of you have said. Late enemy kills with weapons that I didnt use. Most recent thing I can remember is being in a Cobra (full health) and being killed almost instantly out of nowhere by a PKM!!Blew up the chopper, me and my gunner. I was thinking maybe someone was in a Hummer and blasted us down to almost death and someone got in the last shot with a PKM and got the kill, but it happened so fast. I didnt see a Hummer anywhere and I can usually get away in time. Server didnt have BR. So I was left clueless.

Comment

My favorite was I was a medic and just joined the game and apparently tked a bunch of people and was punished for it.

I do have a screenshot of when it said I died.

As for the votekick/mutiny bug, does it actually show up to others? I've had that happen right when I joined a server and think it was for an admin...nothing happened. But still.

Comment

Working...
                              X