How do you fly the Black Hawk Helio & Apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fly the Black Hawk Helio & Apache

I've been trying to fly this helio have some success except trying to land that sucker in flag area. How does one slow this helio down to try & land it. I also found out you cann't fly it like a fixed wing I mean speed wise. I also know this plane you transport troops & tell them to jump out. Have to try that one if I can make it behave to take it up & have some guys parachute out. Anybody out there could give some pointers on how to fly this sucker. On the apache helio how does one tilt the plane so a pilot without a gunner can shoot its rockets. The cross hair is higher than the gunner is yes I know you try & have a gunner when you fly it not always possible. Thanks

Re: How do you fly the Black Hawk Helio & Apache

personally, I gain speed while going at the ground at a gradual angle of maybe 45 degrees. When im about 15-20 feet in altitude while still going towards the ground, I pull the nose up very sharply, this stops it in its tracks. After that I level out and land it in the area. This is for the Black-hawk. I havent flown the Apache enough to have a method.

Comment

just practice steady with the mouse, i find these aircraftas to be **** to fly since i used to play DC.

Comment

Watch Blackhawk down. The pilots of the blackhawks "Flair" their choppers to slow them down.

Comment

Black Hawks are slow landers. You need to either pull the nose up to slow your self down, or start holding the 'S' key sooner.

Also when you're trying to land and not hover, you can just push 'C' twice and go into third person view. Doing that will let you see if there are any trees of cars you're going to run into.

Just keep trying.

Comment

Buy a joystick, problem solved.

Comment

I find flying with a joy stick is harder.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Tucker
                I find flying with a joy stick is harder.
                It's all a matter of being used to it, but trust me, in the end, the joystick will win, I could pull off tricks that my friend using keyboard and mouse couldn't just because I had a joystick.

Comment

Yah, picking up the mouse and moving it back down the mouse pad every 3 seconds sucks.

Comment

Another common mistake is to hold down the acceleration button (W by default) all the time whilst flying. This is unecessary, just lean your helicopter in the direction you want to go and it will start moving in that direction, aceleration or not.

For quick landings I find approaching a flag at a steep angle (intermitent acceleration) then pulling up sharply at the flag and then pressing the decelerate key (S by default) brings you to the ground quite quickly

Comment

Oh yah, for sure. Rarely are Helis at full speed full gas.

Don't go too fast while in the chopper. You'll miss and die.

Comment

Try using the arrows on the keyboard instead of the mouse, you have better control of the helo/plane then...

Comment

Joystick with a throttle built into it. X3D Pro from Logitech is a decent one. The thing about helicopters, that differs from planes, is that Throttle == Altitude, and Pitch == Airspeed. When you are moving forward and pull the nose up to slow down, you gotta control altitude with your throttle, if you start to climb when you pull up to slow down, ease the throttle down.

Comment

i use XBOX controller..u know my secret now...

Comment

ah Clancy sure you have! how could u not have flown the Cobra enough! (Apache is in Special Forces) your just keeping in all your secrets! hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X