Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTF is with the armor

Originally posted by StrikeHold
    Yes, I think hit your head with hand. You are big baby man. Get life. Forget thinking that you are Mr Bigshot and not be a stupid man. You see?

this is some funny ass **** right here .... :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by HYP3R
      ………………………………..__…………………………………………
      ………………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,……………………………………
      …………………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,………………………………
      ………………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,…………………………….
      ……………,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\……………………………
      ………….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\…………………………..
      …………..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,………………………
      …………...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,……………………..
      …………….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)…………………….
      ……………..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../……………………..
      ……………...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\……………………..
      ……………../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\……………………
      …………….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,……………...
      …………….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,………….
      ……………/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-,,,,
      …………...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\……..
      …………….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…………..\……..
      ……………….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…………\…….
      ……................f`-,………`-,/…*-,___,,-~*….,-*……|…`-,……….\…….

:laugh:

Comment

SF has quadbikes, what more could you ever ask for to take out a tank

(That was meant seriously)

Comment

You mean the "jihad buggy"? Load it up with C4 and drive it straight into the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by FMC-VLAD
            Dude, hello can you say mines. I destroy these vehicle whores. Love it when they get all happy and jump into one of these death machines. SF is more of an infantry game thats why i dont play nilla anymore . More maps and better map mixes would be nice though. Dont get mad get even.
            I still think the OP has a point...

When I imagine Special Forces I picture Blackhawk Down type street and interior fighting, not Tanks and APC's rumbling down the road...

I kill my fair share of armor in SF with C4, AT kits and Mines but still... I think the expansion would be a lot better if they limited vehicles in SF to Transports...

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
              You mean the "jihad buggy"? Load it up with C4 and drive it straight into the tank?
              Oh yes. And the best part is that it's easy not to kill yourself as quads keep moving long enough once you've gotten off

IMO it's the best way by far to take out a tank+apc engineer coalition

Comment

Yeah, engineers/supply crates make it difficult to take out tanks with AT or other armour, but the C4 "insta-kill" certainly makes a great counter...

I personally tend to manage to get killed as I charge towards a vehicle with my C4 laid out on the front of my transport, but it's funny to see tank drivers running away from dune buggies and ATVs...

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                  I personally tend to manage to get killed as I charge towards a vehicle with my C4 laid out on the front of my transport, but it's funny to see tank drivers running away from dune buggies and ATVs...
                  Totally agree. Watch the UAV for the direction that the tank is facing. Once you know where the tank/apc is heading, it is usually fairly easy to sneak up on them. Also, on Warlord, it is great fun to get inside the SAS base and apply C4 to the tanks and apc's, and wait for them to load up. If you can make it, stealing their tank and camping the first ridge behind the parking garage is fun--hop up in the .50 cal and shoot the parachuters, hop in the tank and blast the technicals and miscellaneous folks running around the base.

Key is to hold the TV tower. W/out the TV tower, no easy access to the SAS base.

Ahh...a good time was had by all.

Comment

...[/reminiscence]

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by vets.Sarge
                      Oh yes. And the best part is that it's easy not to kill yourself as quads keep moving long enough once you've gotten off

IMO it's the best way by far to take out a tank+apc engineer coalition
                      Say there is a formation of armor and APC like ^, APC in front and 2 tanks each side, load 1 C4 in front of the bike and to on each side, then drive in between that formation and bye bye, 3+ kills

Comment

Play a little more in some other servers! SF is definitely not focused on armor and you must have had some terrible luck getting that experience. The darker maps inparticular have a terrible consiquence to armor. They get the C4 real quick.

So again unless you gotta a really smooth operating squad then you had an unfortunate experience that should not decide your outlook on a great game.

All you will ever hear from me about SF is positive because they did soo much for the game with it such as the lack of jets and lack of effective armor or even choppers.

Comment

^ Agreed.

Although it's not that the armour is ineffective (it's just as lethal as before), it's just that armour doesn't dominate the SF maps the way it does the vanilla maps.

Comment

i believe that the only map on SF that consists of "tank whores" is ghost town

everything else is mostly infantry based

Comment

Ghost Town is probably as close as SF gets to a "vehicle map", but even that isn't exactly armour-dominated. There are plenty of back-ways and rooftop shortcuts infantry can take to avoid armour, and anti-tank players have plenty of passageways and rooftops and buildings to hide in/around/on to be a serious threat to an unwary armour driver. I generally find Ghost Town to be more sniper-ownage than armour-ownage.

Comment

Working...
                              X