Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh the Joys of Teamwork

Gday fellas

I've just come right from playing karkand on an Xtra NZ server, and actually enjoying the fragfest!

I took an APC (spawned engy of course) and loaded it up with passengers, then took off past the hotel, making a beeline for the suburb. only 1 person remained past the hotel, but as soon as i arrived he bailed and hunted for troops (the commander was being a pain and wouldnt support us). suddenly i had another few guys spawn on me and we took the flag. in 2 vehicles, we went down to the train wreck. I told the car with half the squad to stay behind and take it while the other half went to the gatehouse and took that. We then all met at the cement factory, and took it nice and quickly before finally succumbing at the factory.

I was the only bloke with voip unfortunately, but it was an absolute blast. being able to cap flags in a moment, knowing that i had people cruising around checking for hidden enemies, repairing up while taking a flag, it was awesome

cheers guys!

Re: Ahh the Joys of Teamwork

* Notes the server he played on *

Shame I can't seem to find every server I play on like that...I would have to say that at least 50% of the servers I do frequent have good teamwork.

Great work though...

Comment

That is when BF2 truly shines

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerguy X
        That is when BF2 truly shines
        I completely agree. Nothing gets me more pumped then a team that works together and pwns balls.

Comment

Originally posted by 0x001A4
          pwns balls.

pawns balls? beach balls or testicles?

Comment

Maybe the kiwis didn't speak to you because they wanted to learn Aussie superiority LOL and some excellent teamwork. Pity there hasn't been any Aus vs NZ battles take place, well that I know of other than the GA ladder.

Maybe the kiwis didn't speak because when they say six it comes out like sux and thought they may offend you LOL.

Always good to have a good teamwork game.

I wonder how many will say WTF does bloke mean?

Comment

Just wait until you get a full squad with VOIP, it's 450.6 times better

Comment

Originally posted by orphious2006
                pawns balls? beach balls or testicles?
                Testicles.. and big ones too!

Comment

only 450.6 times better?? i thought it was about 450.60000009 times??

Comment

Yesterday I started a custom squad named 'TEAMWORK'. Not a soul joined.

Comment

I find this very annoying, not being able to play with others who actually do teamwork, the only person i can get to play and we have a blast is my brother in law, but he can only play on tuesday nights, so my teamplay is limited to those nights,
                      This past tuesday, we were playing a 64man karkand map, my brother in law was commanding and i made my own squad, 2-3 people joined but didnt VOIP or anything.. during the game I constantly talked with him as he was commanding and he warned me of enimes heading for our flags, most of the time we were MEC, id ask for supplies and have him spot out hidden enemies, anyways that game i finished 2nd with almost 120 points and we won the round soemthing like 130/0, the next round we were USMC, and again he was voted for commander and i made my own squad and we began to do the same routine, but quess what.. then all of a sudden everyone started using VOIP, but not to help out on the teamwork, but by saing why dont you guys get a room together, take him out to dinner, or obscence things i wont describe, at first we didnt say anything and continued to do our work and win the rounds, now the third rotation we started off the same, but now everyone is bitching even worse, so being the polite people we are he just said if you can do a better job at commanding and helping the other players who are actually trying to win instead of APC/Tank camping the first spawn all map, then have at it... he resigned and joined up with me, we continued to try and cap flags/defend... But quess what, we couldnt keep one flag, and they had us trapped from going any farther than the artillary stations pulling out of the USMC base... enough said we lost every round after that..

From reading regularly on this forum, but I dont post much due to the flamin and if i dont have something positive or constuctive to add to it, i dont say anything, but this is more of an attempt to find others who are willing to play together and have fun, the game is so much more injoyable like you all claim to say, but why cant I find you in servers????

Comment

I am not sure if anyone knows that there are awards for good team play. Team play is one of the main features of BF2. If you have difficulties finding a server which is team-orieted, try a Singaporean server, or one of the GameArena servers. The players there are very cohesive in terms of playing as a team even all of us were lone wolves. If you help seizing a flag, you also score 1 point. After capturing a flag another point will be awarded. It is very encouraging to have someone who are playing in favour of a team.

Comment

BF2Freak, unfortunately i just then came from a GA server, it was beyond a joke.. the chinese didnt even have a chance to attack the carrier, they had no need to. teamkillers abounded, and with 5 tks permitted and no kick vote option, it was awful.. love the way this game takes you up one minute then down the next!

Comment

Unfortunately I know that experience baggy as much as you do. BP is my ISP and I play on our server in the US instead of GA because of the lack of admins. I know those guys do it for free and don't get paid but the number of admins they have for the servers they have just don't add up to a good game experience "on average"

Sad but true and until they get a sh*tload more admins to cover all their servers it will remain the same, on average there are just too many tards that get away with crap on GA. When I play in Aus I tend to play on Internode because of the admin presence and the tard prevention. GA have a report them later attitude which unfortunately doesn't work and recks your game experience.

Still suprised no one here has said "WTF does bloke mean"

Comment

Mate, whats your US pings like?? cos i'd be a fan of playing your server if i can, i've heard good things and i find node servers usually have issues working against teamwork, like that only-allowed-to-create-2-squads thing..

Comment

Working...
                              X