Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the Logitech Freedom Cordless Joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone have the Logitech Freedom Cordless Joystick?

Get the freedom. They are cheap and easy to get out of the way. The saitek stuff is oversized and junk. Doesnt work on alot of stuff too. Go look at how many people have issues with saitek gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneyscam
      Get the freedom. They are cheap and easy to get out of the way. The saitek stuff is oversized and junk. Doesnt work on alot of stuff too. Go look at how many people have issues with saitek gear.
      haha, that the funnyest thing ive heard all day.

Saitek are one of the best joystick makers around, anyone into fightsimulators has one.

I think you will find more people have problems with Logitech's joysticks than anyother because a lot of there sticks have calabration problems that arise after a while.

Comment

I had the Freedom but there were 3 things I didn't like:
        1-Had to "wake it up" after it sits idle for awhile... not good for Battlefield
        2-Triangular base was not stable if you get crazy on the stick
        3-Batteries

Now I have the Extreme 3D Pro. Works good but seems some pilots can turn tighter then me. I've used it a few years with no problems. Cheap at Wal-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by OminousLull
          3-Batteries

Now I have the Extreme 3D Pro. Works good but seems some pilots can turn tighter then me. I've used it a few years with no problems. Cheap at Wal-Mart.
          Sounds like you need to get the logitech profiler, (if you don't have it already) and adjust your sensitivity.

Then again it could just be that your flying the f-35 and the other pilots in a j-10

Comment

I have the extreme 3d pro and I have been very happy with it. I have logged somewhere around 40 hours as a helo pilot and like 15-20 as a jet pilot as well as countless hours of LOMAC and Flight Simulator and have not experienced so much as a hiccup. Very good for the $30 I spent on it. Would I rather have a full flight control setup? Sure but the extreme is absolutely fine for BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by CerB
              :-/ thats a $140 joystick/throttle. If you only use that for BF2 I believe your lying :-) (Unless your a weird BF2 addict.) I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. All I did was install and turn the settings (sensitivity, ext.) all the way up. and its fine.

EDIT: At Best Buy here it's $140. I tested it out and it really roxxed. But a little to serious for BF2.
              I only the use the X52 for BF2. It's only $96 at Newegg, and don't accuse me of lying. I'm actually not addicted to anything as I think that makes you a weak person.

I was sick of returning freedom 2.4's every couple of months, and the x52 is the only other stick I liked. When I first bought the 2.4 it was $69, so whats another $25?

Comment

Originally posted by OminousLull
                3-Batteries

I must admit i didnt use mine for battlefield (Bought for Warbirds, stopped working before i got hold of BF2) but waking it up shouldnt be a problem, surely just tap a button as you walk onto an airfield? The base i found to be one of the most stable around, and batteries lasted ages for me!
                It was great, while it lasted.

Like ****ing.

Comment

I currently use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I have owned the Freedom 2.4 and a Saitek X52.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
                  Pros:
                  Easy to configure
                  Cheap
                  Twist Handle

Cons:
                  Wears down quickly due to cheap parts (purchase a replacment plan to cover this)

Logitech Freedom 2.4
                  Pros:
                  Cordless
                  Battery life is great

Cons:
                  Takes a couple moments to wake up
                  Hibernation mode of the joystick will crash your plane in more serious flightsims (for long flights on auto-pilot)
                  Cheap parts cause the joystick to malfunction earlier on than the Extreme 3D Pro

Saitek X52
                  Pros:
                  Split design - one hand for throttle, other for steering
                  Tons of buttons
                  Great profiling options (pre-made profiles for popular games are relatively easy to find)
                  Commo-rose and mouse look can be used with the joystick by way of the downloadable profiles

Cons:
                  Price
                  Joystick tension seems rather loose (I prefer the stiffer feel of the Extreme 3D Pro, personally)
                  Large footprint on a desk
                  Can be a bit clumsy to configure - certain buttons can't be mapped in BF2 (BF2 thinks certain separate buttons are the same)

In the end, your best bet is to go to the store and find which one fits your hand best. Some prefer the looser tension of the Saitek- I prefer the tighter pull of the Logitech. To each his own...

Comment

Saitek X52. I am on my third one. The first two both had the same problem. They started getting erratic rudder inputs.
                    On the up side. Saitek sent me an email which I took along to best buy and they replaced both of them no problem. Saitek has like a 2 yr warranty too I think.

You can change the tension on the spring if you want to.
                    I was just on a flightsim site yesterday where they were talking about how to do it. LO-MAC site I think. Just put something under the spring washer to increase the spring tension.

The throttle is absolutely the best part. Very sensitive. After you get used to it. You can backup/turnaround no problem. It also has detents which help set power without crashing for slow flight and good cruise speed.

It is especially good for helos. You can set your hover speed very accurately and go straight to hover just by setting the thottle.

Also with the F35 in hover it helps move around in hover.

Comment

I use the Logitech Cordless. Never had any problems with it, its smooth, solid and fits perfectly in my hands and the batteries last for quite a while (and i do pilot in most games)

Comment

had the freedom 2.4 for about a year now and works great!

Comment

I *had* serious issues with my Extreme 3d Pro. It lost calibration and I could do nothing to get it realigned. Logitech recommends unplugging (usb) and replugging to set calibration. It didn't work. They recommended running a Clear Calibration Utility - which also did not work.

I bought a Saitek Evo and it worked great. For giggles one day I plugged the Logitech back in and it was centered! I reloaded the software and it works like a champ now. It even lost calibration a bit (one "tick" off on the twist handle to the right) and I unplugged it then replugged it and it was perfectly centered.

I believe that somehow, loading the Saitek software cleared out the calibration data in my registry. That allowed the Logitech to start with a "clean slate" for calibration.

Comment

Working...
                          X