Hills and mountains morphing like a strange drug trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hills and mountains morphing like a strange drug trip

ya, ive always had that too. its ilke hills and mountains mold into place as you get close.

dosent really bug me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
      I hate it because I do quite a bit of "mountain climbing" in BF2 and you look ahead and think "hey, I can climb that!"

You trek off into towards the rim of the map and ... wait... what's this?! My oh so perfect gradual slope is morphing into a sheer cliff. Noooooo! Best to suicide and look elsewhere...

Sucks! But, whatever =P

Weird, I've always played all high and 1600x1200 (cept for a short stint with my old videocard) and I've always seen this.
      I recently wanted to take some nice screenshots. Maxed out Terrain and Geometry. Loaded up a map and got in a plane. I flew over the terrain at max speed and it did not morph once. Normally I have both set to Medium and the terrain morphs like quicksand. So, it is the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraSolar
        I recently wanted to take some nice screenshots. Maxed out Terrain and Geometry. Loaded up a map and got in a plane. I flew over the terrain at max speed and it did not morph once. Normally I have both set to Medium and the terrain morphs like quicksand. So, it is the settings.
        Ok, so what settings should I change?

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
          Ok, so what settings should I change?
          Sorry, but it does it for me on all high settings, 6x adaptive AA, and 16 x HQ AF. There is nothing you can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
            Sorry, but it does it for me on all high settings, 6x adaptive AA, and 16 x HQ AF. There is nothing you can do about it.
            Thanks. I was actually just trying very hard not to be super sarcastic =P

Comment

Working...
            X