Battlefield 2 - thoughts from a FRUSTRATED player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 2 - thoughts from a FRUSTRATED player

I find it quite hilarious that people compare the "shots to kill" to "lenght of the firefight". BF2 2-4 shot to kill system is nothing compared to SWAT4s most 1 shot 1 kill system. And in both games, its the setup of the firefight that dictates how the firefight goes. If youre caught in the open, dont expect a long firefights. 2 smart players can prolongue the fun. Its a fact. Ive been in some very enjoyable firefights after which (I usually get killed due to my lack fo skills) I thank the opposition for such an enjoyable moment. Nothing is more cooler than a prolongued, smart firefight.

People who are unaware of the surroundings, run aimlessly and out in the open usually die quickly. Its not the oppositions weapons that get you, its your own mentality and approach to the game. Whenever I run in BF2 in the open, I feel naked. And I am more relaxed when I see something I can use for cover as soon as **** hits the fan. Thats what I love about this game. Sometimes it really gets a sense of danger under your skin. Then the fun begins.

Comment

Whats Swat4 like online ?

Comment

CS guns are far more lethal than in BF2.
        lol

Its all a hell of a lot more precise and skill based.
        :laugh:

played cs from beta 1 - beta 5(not to be confused with retail) the game is in no way about any other skills than 1) aiming 2) dealing with recoil.

the maps are simple as hell. headshots dont do **** unless you have the right gun. no prone, no tactics. just llamas, that ****s old!

if you want a true game of skill try either version of dod. at least the old maps used to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowley
          Whats Swat4 like online ?
          Frigging fraggin hard. 3 objective based gamemodes and 1 TDM gamemode. 2 ways of getting frags. Arresting and killing. An extreme and insane variety of weapons to do both. And a lot of gadgets to get an advantage (otiwand to peek around corners and under doors). Plus, you get to blow doors open with C2 charges, killing people on the other side of the door.

Skill level is insanse. Ive played for 8 months straight. Still a mediocre player. But enjoyable, no arguments there. Its a very detailed game, so theres also a lot of bugs and sometimes, rarely, hit detection ones aswell. Youll receive a lot of "WTF how did he kill me?" moments. Oh, best part- no anticheat support. Youll love and youll hate this game. BUT, its THE game where you truly feel like outsmarting an opponent. Tactical gameplay is imperative for success (good scores). Helmet Mounted Cameras will allow view of other players gameplay aswell.

Best part- it wont interfere with yoru BF2 love. Its a completely different game that will not conflict with BF2.

The funny similarity is that there is a n00bt00b now. A HK69 grenade launcher with LessLethal ammunition.

Did I say that a lot of kills are 1 shot kills? Assault rifles do their job well.

Originally posted by roger smith
          lol

played cs from beta 1 - beta 5(not to be confused with retail) the game is in no way about any other skills than 1) aiming 2) dealing with recoil.

the maps are simple as hell. headshots dont do **** unless you have the right gun. no prone, no tactics. just llamas, that ****s old!

if you want a true game of skill try either version of dod. at least the old maps used to be good.
          Kind of odd. I quite often see my brother play CS1.6. Theres no "tactics" in a sense that youll nto see advanced teamwork on pub servers. But theres a hell of a lot pressure on personal skill level. Its about aim, reflexes, recoil control and thinking aswell. From what Ive seen, firefights from long distance need more intelligent approach than skills. When to back off and such.

I dont even want to compare CS firefights to BF2 ones. I find that CS takes a lot more individual skills. Mainly due to the opposing players meeting each other face to face. In BF2 very often players who play more cautiosly and prepare their attack, prevail.

Its kind of odd to compare these two, because they are extremely different in their nature. CS is 1 vs 1 mostly, very quick. BF2 is something different. More tactical, but skillwise, less demanding.

Comment

I miss all the team play you used to be able to have in 42 and Vietnam...since all teh fancy unlocks, ranks and badges (while nice) it's gone to a "Hey I am need to get this badge" sort of game.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>AH_AXE
              I miss all the team play you used to be able to have in 42 and Vietnam...since all teh fancy unlocks, ranks and badges (while nice) it's gone to a "Hey I am need to get this badge" sort of game.
              Yeah. Such an individual objective makes people play individually. Its a terrible mistake from DICEs part.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                lol

There is so much bs in this post i dont know where to start. If you really don't believe there is any skill involved in CS, please actually take the time to play against someone who isn't a noob, because if you 'dont need tactics' in CS mate, then noobs is all you have been playing against. Also, if you don't think that CS guns are more lethal, you must be the worst Cs player/ best Bf2 player i've ever seen. I know which one is more believable.

[/End Rant]

Comment

Try playing PRMM. Its a lot more of "whoever sees the enemy first", but because of this, teamwork, stealth, and tactics are much more prevalent. Its actually very, very fun.

Anyways, on Xbox Live games, HALO2 really sucks because its the complete opposite of this. You can put 30 rounds into the back of somebody's head, and pretty often, they'll just turn around and insta-kill you with a sword or something. Hated that game because of that. I bought BF2 because it seemed realistic, not some cheap retarded arcade game.

(but I've got to give Halo credit, its a great party game .)

Comment

Originally posted by mogduck
                    im not someone just complaining because im a poor player

...:laugh:

Comment

Re: ---(()))--- Battlefield 2 - thoughts from a FRUSTRATED player

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                      battlefield 2 now consists of - kill, get killed, kill, get killed, kil.... etc
                      couldnt agree more
                      i love this game

HAHAHA

for me its more like:

kill, kill, get killed, kill,get killed, kill, kill,get killed, get killed, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL.... :evil:

Comment

First off, ya fights are killed get killed if all you do is whore one kit until the cows come home. There are tons of things you can do and try if you know how to use the environment/dead people to your advantage.

If you know what youre doing you can waste just about anyone with a solid K ratio. Heck my best tonight was a 105 score (no vehicles) and my most played kits included just about everything.

Kill, kill, kill, kill ,death, death, death, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, death etc

Knowing where to run, how to judge the fight from radar, where people "usually" are (like snipers) and the such can make you really excell in the game. Simply click and shoot doesnt cut it.

You need to know where your running and where your enemy are coming from. How to cover your bases and how to sneak up on the enemy. Seeing them before they see you is very much tactical skill, you leave yourself open you get killed.

As for CS, sure its a good game. But its obvious from the way bullets hit in the game that there are huge discrepencies between it and BF. Bullets are instant for one, and lag usually means that players "appear" to be shooting behind their targets. Thats not even getting into the seemingly large hit box for the head in that game which i find well odd. I also dislike the weakness of grenades, but mostly the ultimate dominance of the almighty headshot.

Comment

Re: ---(()))--- Battlefield 2 - thoughts from a FRUSTRATED player

Originally posted by chknbone
                          I really only have that problem on the 64 player maps. It seems like no matter where I go, where I turn or what I do I can't stay alive long enough to tie my boots. Especially if I shoot someone. It seems like I shoot them, someone on their squad shoots me, someone on my squad shoots them, etc, etc...

So I've gotten to where I like going into the 32 player maps.
                          Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            Yeah. Such an individual objective makes people play individually. Its a terrible mistake from DICEs part.
                            what they need is to implement more teamwork rewards and badges..

Comment

Dont whine, its good as it is, even if pkm is a true "let sucky people with zero skill have fun", i mean there is nothing better than taking a one shot one hs with the ak47

Comment

not true at all. I've been seen by someone, ran around the corner, and then killed him when he gave chase. And the only "one shot kill" is a sniper headshot, or an AT rocket (against infantry)

Comment

Working...
                                X