Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i guess ill give away some of my tricks

first off ill say, dont go sniper
    even with their god-like 1.2 sniper rifles, theyre about the most useless class in the field
    not only do they rarely capture flags, they:

1. dont repair anything
    2. dont heal/revive anyone
    3. cant kill vehicles, THE number one killer on a battlefield

about the only thing theyre good at is drawing artillery from the rest of the team or the occasional defending a flag

now really the purpose of my post here is to tell ways to play smart and to stay alive

im not gunna try to tell you one kit is better than the other
    other than that snipers are just poosies with guns that think they are teh leets

so here goes

the number 1 tactic that gets me kills nearly every single time is this:

when faced against a guy, and you are reloading, or severely hurt
    trick him by running around a corner!
    but dont go around the building, go around the corner then turn right back around and go back. he will do 1 of 2 things, 1. go around the other way to try and cut you off, or 2. try to follow you

either way you have the element of suprise, if he tries to cut you off he'll have his back to you. or if he tries to follow you hes not gunna realize youre gunna turn right back around and be in his face

so theres that

there are lots of places to hide around flags usually, alot of the time they are quite hard to reach by vehicles

my favorite is the building thats used many times for construction sites
    theres a room at the end that is only accessable from 1 ladder
    other than that ladder, theres no other way into that room

dumpsters are a good one, they are common and usually places around flags
    afaik the only way to get into any of them are by jumping ontop of something eg: a supply crate, or a vehicle of some kind

another one i use quite often is hiding in vehicles and sometimes under

other than karkand or mashtuur city, very rarely use any vehicle
    all though lately ive been whoring tanks to get 100 hours to get a badge

so anyways, dont ever sit in a vehicle when capturing a flag. it does nothing but draw unwanted attention to your self. get out and get as far away from the flag as possible

hmmvws i love, cause not only can you hide underneath them but also you can get inside of them with out actually being in the vehicle

this is great because the majority of people will only look at it long enough to see if there is a name above it

drive the hmmvw up to the flag and hop out, run around to the back of it and hop in the back (dont hit the enter vehicle button) and go prone
    and ta-da, you have instant camo
    many times if someone comes along and sees the flag going down, theyll hop right in the the turrent of the hum-v, very easy knife kill
    or sometimes they wont even look at the flag and hop in and leave, this easy very easy kill as well, all you have to do is turn around and theres the driver's head sticking up from the seat

now vodniks are bit riskier, if youre hiding under one the enemy can shoot the van with an AT or nade launcher, and before you can crawl out it can blow up killing you
    but chances are most people wont look underneath to find you, so it doesnt happen too often

apc's are another great one to hide under because they have those giant wheels
    tanks are bit harder, you cant hide under the m1a2's any more and the t90s have the treads in the way, so really you can only shoot out the back and front

so back to flag capturing, as with any shooter, dont ever stand still, as it makes a very easy target for those poosies on the hill/tower over across the way
    know the popular paths to the flag that most people take, aways keep an eye on those but dont forget to watch your back
    if youre assualt throw a smoke nade down near the flag if you have to be close to it
    if youre a medic throw those health bags down at your feet, if someone comes along shooting you, you'll automatically pick those bags up healing your self 100%
    if youre capturing a flag from inside a building, dont go prone, i LIVE to knife people's feet sticking thru a wall

sometimes if im playing spec ops against a formidable team, ill neutralize a flag and then throw c4 around the place and go hide, for obvious effects
    "if you plant it, they will come"

if youre playing a team that is whoring the tanks and youre AT, always pair up
    even if the other guy doesnt play along, just follow him
    flank the tank, one on each side, take turns shooting, one shoots while the other reloads and each shot will usually distract the driver from the other shooter, allowing you to usually pull off safe shots

if youre a medic, distract tanks from the the spec ops or at guys
    run around throwing nades at the tank, then when the tank starts trying to kill you, you pull out your magic healing bag and go hide, so the at or spec ops can do their job

another thing i absolutely love to do is, if im a medic or other non tank kill kit, ill hop ontop of the tank (dont get on the front side of the turret though
    the only hopes the driver has to kill me is to hop in the gunner's turret, and maybe get a lucky shot, but most times ill have my knife, prone, waiting for him to switch seats

i once was at the oil fields hiding from a tank at the oil cisterns when 3 medics that were up top of the building decided to hop down ontop of the tank, and start bunny hopping around on top (THE funniest scene i have ever seen)

i would say something about grenades and AT mines, but thats not possible anymore, so scrap that

hmmz AA, wait till after a helo or jet fires his flares to ensure a hit
    AT is very good for getting rid of choppers, if it doesnt kill them it certainly scares them away, and if youre working in pairs and not standing out in the open, then a shot from each of you guarantees a kill

learn the buttons for the weapons, dont use your mouse to switch weapons or fireing modes
    its too slow and will get you killed

semi-auto (single shot) is youre absolute best friend at long distances
    many times with practice you can hit snipers no problem, especially with the G36c/e

dont engage what you cant kill, if youre by your self or with a group of other non tank killing kits (eg: a group of medics) dont throw grenades at it, youre only going to tick him off
    if youre in the back base where everyone is spawning, dont be trying to kill someone, you only draw attention to your self, and if youre with a small group, youre just gunna **** them off by getting them killed as well

as much as i hate it ive done my fair share of sniping
    mostly as commander, or to kill another sniper
    also when 1.2 came out i spent a while trying the new rifle

the thing i hated most as being a sniper was other friendly snipers, mostly ones using the m95, that thing is loud as **** compared to my L96
    not only do they help give away your position, they.. well no really they only gave away my postition

the day 1.2 came out i racked up 22 kills and 2 death in a round, 1 death was because i fell off by accident, and the other was because someone with the m95 joined me, and with in 60 seconds we were both sniped off
    so only tip i can give for snipers is use the L96, its more accurate than the m95 and isnt nearly as loud

i guess thats all i can think of for now
    sorry for my horrible grammer, im a lazy typer
    and sorry for no screen shots, im not at my computer at the moment, if i get a chance to, ill post some later

hope this helps some, this wasnt a tutorial, but merely some tips

Re: i guess ill give away some of my tricks

Nice list of stuff! Thanks for making a positive contribution! :-]

Comment

ty very much

Comment

Alot of common sense here, like not drawing attention from vehicles you can't kill, but still a good post.

Personally I've had alot of tanks just keep on rolling by because I was prone in the grass and not moving an inch. There are always those unbelievable times where the apc/tank/whatever spots you hiding and nukes only you, then when you die you see the enemy UAV overhead.

Comment

One big thing you missed- upon avoiding vehicles when you can't take them down... SPOT THEM. If you can't do it, I'm darned sure someone else can, and if they can see them nearby on the map, you're doing them both a service and salvation for keeping them wary of the big nasty tank that could blow them to bits, and they get to benefit from your generosity of destroying that very vehicle.

Big exercise for everyone to do the next time they play- SPOT EVERYTHING if you can spare the time and effort. Trust me- if everyone on your team did this- you will all have UAV wherever you go.

Comment

More random hatred of the sniper class. If you dont understand the Sniper class, than dont comment.
            The rest of the tips are usefull for everybody so gg.

Comment

not hatred, just stating a fact
              snipers do almost nothing to help the team
              by looking at your stats, youre a perfect example, almost no team work what so ever
              hardly even any flag defends

alrighty, i brought some screenies today

hiding in the back of a hmmwv

view of the front of the hmmwv from inside

hiding underneath

first step to get into this dumpster at kubra is jump onto that little ledge inside the shed

then jump into the dumpster

the spot in my sights is the best place to hide
              theres the dip, and when prone, the only way to be seen, is for someone to be above you

as seen from here

the ladder you need to take to get into that room
              as you can see theres a narrow platform you have to walk on to get into the room, very good choke point if you have someone after you

view from inside the room

Comment

Originally posted by Warm Pudgy
                sometimes if im playing spec ops against a formidable team, ill neutralize a flag and then throw c4 around the place and go hide, for obvious effects
                "if you plant it, they will come"
                Thats my fav thing to do..i did that at karkand the other day, put one on the opening of the step and one on the ladder at Hotel. I was facing the steps, hiding under the bush, and one MEC guys run in, blow the C4 and get two kills. I turn around and see guy flying away from the ladder.

Bad timing for the MEC guys.

Comment

first step to get into this dumpster at kubra is jump onto that little ledge inside the shed
                  But aren't you outside the flag radius? Or, is this a defensive location?

the ladder you need to take to get into that room
                  as you can see theres a narrow platform you have to walk on to get into the room, very good choke point if you have someone after you
                  OH...THAT's where that room is!! LOL :laugh:

Comment

[quote=Warm Pudgy]first off ill say, dont go sniper
                    even with their god-like 1.2 sniper rifles, theyre about the most useless class in the field
                    not only do they rarely capture flags, they:

1. dont repair anything
                    2. dont heal/revive anyone
                    3. cant kill vehicles, THE number one killer on a battlefield

about the only thing theyre good at is drawing artillery from the rest of the team or the occasional defending a flag

now really the purpose of my post here is to tell ways to play smart and to stay alive

im not gunna try to tell you one kit is better than the other
                    other than that snipers are just poosies with guns that think they are teh leets

so here goes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not even read the first part of your post due the sniper issue.

Did you know you are dead wrong that the sniper kit is useless?

Do you know how many times a comander has place arty on me(one guy) instead of a bunch of guys somewhere else?

That should tell you the fear comander have of snipers.

Do you know how many pilots I have sniped in the attack helo?

Do you know how many kills I have with the clamore?

Do you know how many times I have defended a flag while being a sniper(which is not done too much in the game)?

Do you know how many flags I have recapped when the enemy has left with no defender?

Do you know how many guys I have killed at a distance of 100 meters or more?

Do you know how many one shot kills I have with the sniper rifle and kill assists. It is easy to kill the enemy when they have only 2 bars of life left. They are usually staying put waiting for a medic or running around looking for cover and a medic, either way, they are no threat to the team.

All kits are vitual to a team, but the sniper is feared by the comander as much if not more than the spec ops. Most of my deaths are from arty as a sniper, which is why I go to high ground if I can

i

Comment

xanthias, yes its out side but its a good hiding spot to be commander
                      especially as spec ops, throw c4 in the building, and out side and just keep an eye on the area with scans

most times if its just a single guy, i wouldnt have to use the c4, they sit right there in the window or right at the flag pole

but also theres those dumpsters all over the place and different maps, make use of them
                      that building is used in all the construction site type buildings even though they may not be within the flag radius, theyre still an excellent place to hide
                      i believe that the construction site at kubra is the only one that that has one with in the flag capture radius

Comment

not hatred, just stating a fact
                        snipers do almost nothing to help the team
                        by looking at your stats, youre a perfect example, almost no team work what so ever
                        hardly even any flag defends
                        And you are the perfect example of an e-scrub, who doesnt know shiot about the Sniper class or how to read stats. Which makes your thread useless like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemme101
                          And you are the perfect example of an e-scrub, who doesnt know shiot about the Sniper class or how to read stats. Which makes your thread useless like yourself.
                          I see a ban in this user's close future.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemme101
                            More random hatred of the sniper class. If you dont understand the Sniper class, than dont comment.
                            The rest of the tips are usefull for everybody so gg.
                            I agree. I've been playing the sniper kit alot lately and it is addicting once you play. If I started playing the sniper from the begining, my stats would be much better then it is now

Comment

ima end this now

1.) jemme101: Wins & Losses 791 / 927
                              warm pudgy: Wins & Losses 1,289 / 769

how is it with three hundred more hours played than you, that you have more losses than i?

2.) of your 345 hours played 243ish are on armies that have the m24 (the ultimate point and click rifle)
                              now that 1.2 is out you probably dont have to switch teams all the time cause you can get that L96

3.) this one makes me almost sick, you have almost 263 hours as a lone wolf
                              so much for the team huh? talk about selfish

quit acting all elitist like the other snipers
                              youre not as high and mighty as you think

ps. this by no means to try and make my self out to be some kind of awesome player, cause im not
                              im simply showing that he and 99% of other snipers do near nothing to help the team, but yet think theyre some how awesome and that only people who dont know how to use a point and click rifle suck

pss. im done with this, i dont want any more flaming, ill just delete this and start another one if anymore continues

Comment

Working...
                              X