Kubra Dam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubra Dam?

I feel your pain, Kubra is also one of my favorites, mostly because of its size and elevation differences. I like the way everything is spread out plus I like being a sniper so there are a lot of places to hide.

Comment

Yes, Kubra Dam is awesome. I think each map should have a dedicated server like Karkand 24/7. Fuhee Pass is also cool.

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
        Having just read HuZ PLAs thread, and having the experience i did the other day I've just started wondering.

Where are the servers that play Kubra Dam??? Why do people not like it?? I've always thought there was a lot to be said for that map - plenty of nooks and crannys for snipers to camp from, lots of vehicles to race around in, lots of aircraft and choppers to get shot down by the number of AA sites and vehicles, lots of terrain to use for cover....

Why dont people like it much?? And Admins, why dont you include IT on your server rotations??
        Love Kubra Damn. But remember most BF2'rs think doing anything in vehicle is "whoring" they also get lost easy on big maps. That's why they go back to the warm blankey that is Karkand.
        Then they are astonished and outraged that a support weapon (pkm) dominates a map known for infantry bottlenecks.... inconceivable!!!

I agree Kubra and many maps are great. I think it's all that some players can do to learn one kit and one map and then be so obsessed with their scores that they never try anything new in fear of messing up their stats.

On a side note, I don't mind people playing one map or for that matter doing whatever they want. I just hate it when they come in here bitching about kit balance. Most rants against the PKM'rs start with "I was on Karkand...."

If you play all the maps in BF2 you'll find that all the kits have their place and proper balance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
          I love the map from a settings standpoint. I like the canyon feel with plenty of good hiding spots, but I hate when certain maps have airstrips that can be captured (Wake, Kubra, Dragon Valley, Clean Sweep). That becomes USMC's primary focus at the start of the round and, if you like to fly, makes the round totally frustrating. As soon as that airstrip gets taken, MEC's primary focus is getting the strip back just so they can have air support again.
          Agreed. I can't stand it when one team has an uncappable air base and the other team's is cappable. Once one team gets total air superiority, the game is over. I play as a pilot quite a bit but I don't steal planes or try to cap the enemy's main air base accept maybe the middle base on clean sweep. Ignoring the uncappable air base for one team but not the other, I think kubra is a solid map with great variety. Good positioning of anti-air assets can make life hard for aircraft. There are plenty of places to snipe. You've got to be aware of attacks from above and below due to the various elevations. All in all, a fun map to play. The problem for most people is that they like to rack up a high score. While it can be done on this map, it's a bit more difficult given the distances that have to be covered and the short life span due to death from above...

Comment

The main reason i don't like kubra dam, is that its HUGE, even for 64 player. Its really hard to find anyone, and most of the people you do find are in a vehicle. The map itself is fine, even great, just a little too big.

Comment

It's cool until one USMC guy captures the airfield because no one is guarding it.

Comment

I love it when I get a jet, hate it if on foot.

Comment

I realize that many people (including me) do not like maps that take place on uneven surfaces (i.e, multilevel maps like Fushe Pass). All of my favoriate, such as Karkand, Wake, and Oman all take places on the flat land, while Kubra dam's environment is very diffcult to transverse.

Ah, I think a lot more server should be running Kubra Dam 16, best infantry map there is.

Comment

IN for the chopper love, baby. Kubra FTW...

Comment

Working...
                    X