Kubra Dam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubra Dam?

Having just read HuZ PLAs thread, and having the experience i did the other day I've just started wondering.

Where are the servers that play Kubra Dam??? Why do people not like it?? I've always thought there was a lot to be said for that map - plenty of nooks and crannys for snipers to camp from, lots of vehicles to race around in, lots of aircraft and choppers to get shot down by the number of AA sites and vehicles, lots of terrain to use for cover....

Why dont people like it much?? And Admins, why dont you include IT on your server rotations??

Re: Kubra Dam?

too big......... or rather, even, too many darn flags.

Comment

howie - bring back bobby's world!

Comment

fusche pas 64 is bigger than kubra dam. i like kubra 32 but not 64

Comment

I like playing 16-player kubra

Comment

I hated it at first because I didn't know my way around the place (the dam can be very confusing for a n00b). But now that I know the map better it's an awesome map, it has a bit of everything for infantry/armor/choppers/aircraft.

Comment

Thats exactly my point harpoon, theres something there for everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
                Thats exactly my point harpoon, theres something there for everybody!
                Yeah, the only problem is if one of the teams (usually MEC) has far better jet and chopper pilots than USMC then it gets boring because USMC troops and armor can't get out of their main base. A BH trying to be sneaky and cap the back flags has no chance with two choppers and two jets patrolling the skies with little to no resistance.

Then again a lot of maps are like that, airpower can really ruin a good map sometimes IMO!

Comment

I play mainly on EA UK Official servers (when not on my own) and they always have it.

Now the AA is improved I enjoy Kubra allot more.

Comment

I only really like Kubra Dam when I can co-pilot in one of the bombers.

For the first time ever I actually saw a 24/7 Kubra Dam server the other day, which was something of a surprise.

Comment

I love Kubra Dam its one of my favourite along with Wake, we are thinking of including Kubra in our rotation twice.

Gotta love the Dam

Comment

I love the map from a settings standpoint. I like the canyon feel with plenty of good hiding spots, but I hate when certain maps have airstrips that can be captured (Wake, Kubra, Dragon Valley, Clean Sweep). That becomes USMC's primary focus at the start of the round and, if you like to fly, makes the round totally frustrating. As soon as that airstrip gets taken, MEC's primary focus is getting the strip back just so they can have air support again.

Comment

The problem with the large maps, is it starts to become an air war map.
                          If 50 people are playing, only like 6 people are so total can "enjoy" themselves, fully. While the 42 others have to endure countless bombings and missle attacks then throw in some arty to boot. Just too big, too crazy. I've played the map and aside from air and arty, i might not even see another person.

Comment

One of my least favorite maps. Too big, and beyond the size issue is the difficulty traversing the map - hard to get from one point to another, if you're at a flag and there's no vehicles, your screwed..

Comment

I look at this way. When I log on to play, i want action. I want to shoot my weapon(s) and I want to do it alot. I dont want to spend 2 minutes walking or driving for that matter over terrain to get to a destination for a HOPEFUL firefight. I dont want to drive for 3 minutes only to get spam bombed by a helo or bomber as I pull into one of the many empty non gaurded flags.
                              I've logged into some Karky servers believe it or not that didnt provide constant action, and logged out.
                              I play this to MultiPlay. Kubra simply does not provide this.
                              I will say this, It has, "SOMETIMES", but the norm is, it doesnt. Again, If I did enjoy flying, and maybe got lucky to get one of the planes....yes i probally would like it. Other then that.....Yucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X