Jet bombings = Out of control ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet bombings = Out of control ?

On Smoke Screen and the Quarry maps, has anyone had bad experiences from being bombed left and right by jets?

I'm not whining or trying to get flamed, I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that the jets might be a bit imbalanced for these two wide open maps.

On the Quarry map especially, I've found that I'll be bombed like half of the time if I'm in a vehicle. If I'm on foot, I usually do OK, but when in a tank or even a jeep? I'm a dead man!

I swear it's so frustrating to be driving along, headed towards a flag to do some good for the team, only to have a jet fly over, bomb you, score kills, and fly away without being able to be taken down at all. It's like an eternal killing machine that lasts the entire round!

Anyone agree?

Re: Jet bombings = Out of control ?

I feel the same way those maps would be alot more fun without jets.

Comment

Originally posted by DELTABOY
      I feel the same way those maps would be alot more fun without jets.
      Glad to see I'm not alone then... I didn't even realize they were so bad until I got in alot of playing time today. I was being bombed left and right! It was unlike anything I'd ever experienced on BF2 and BF2: Special Forces.

Comment

I feel your pain :cry:

Comment

I don't really mind it...even when im not in a jet...

I mean...there are two really easy ways not to die from jet bombs:

A) Be in a vehicle, if a ground vehicle...be an eng and get with another eng in a vehicle and you will rarely die to bombs...

B) Don't be in such predictable places, like don't fight in main areas where arty is predicably raining down and since there are alot of teammates around, there is a high chance of being bombed.

Comment

Not only that, but it seems as if the missiles in the planes are a lot more accurate. A clanmember and I were in a heli and a plane was flying at us. Right when he took off we got locked on to. We flared. Then the plane is pretty close by the time he gets another lock. Usually at this range the missiles miss. He lands not one but two missiles. His guns had gotten us down enough to where we were done. This happened several times. Planes don't need the uber missiles like the AA. Tungustas are already automatic deaths for helis, why should planes be? BTW we were playing on EU, so it can't be that the Eurofighter has better missiles.

Comment

I've always felt airpower was out of control-EA/DICE could care less unfortunately

Comment

If there is an armor colum together that are equipped with engineers than you are cool. But most of the pilots are improving and learning to work in pairs now.
                If there are good pilots on both sides thought; than it makes for a good game and you can actually engage in some heavy tank action. We need a couple more AA vehicles on the map please EA and maybe some more oil smoke fires to cover the tanks; especially the chopper pilots.

Comment

they should replace the jets with choppers imo

Comment

I think they should replace them with the fighter variants, instead of the carpet bombers, f15 or Su can wipe out an entire armor column in one pass, reload and finish them off in no time.

I love being the pilot on those maps, but when i am on the ground...ugh

Comment

yeah that would help to ...more air-to-air combat

Comment

I generally don't have a problem with it except for as stated the fact that they included the bombers in it, however the bombers shouldn't be that much of a threat if the fighters are doing there job.

Comment

I have not experienced a problem with jets at all on those maps. The AA vehicles takes those things down really fast. Try leading them a little, (even though they are heat seeking, the missile have a shorter distance to catch up to the jet if you lead it) and even if you don't have a lock tone or the tone stopped, just keep firing. Those things still will hit the jet despite not always having a lock on tone.

Comment

Server admins just need to run the 16-player sized versions.

Comment

Glad I didnt waste 10 bucks on this crap, I knew somehow it would be unbalanced.
                              SF is the only BF2 game that is the most balanced one, and it was worthy every penny.

Comment

Working...
                              X