Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What if there were no points?

Originally posted by signa
    Mods would be alot more popular, thats for sure.
    Yeah and i dont think as many ppl would of played either

Comment

Originally posted by Boogey_Down
      Then the game would become pointless
      Literally
      Exactly. I loved Rome Total War when it first came out but with no multiplayer campaign the battles became pointless after a couple of months. What's the point of playing Karkand for the millionth time if after the round is over you've got nothing to show for it? Combine that with smacktards running around unchecked and this game would be all but dead by now.

Comment

The ranking system is what drew me to the game after playing the demo for awhile. I do not care about the awards, they just came naturally in the begining

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
          game would get wurse, I remember bf1942 where it was sometimes just not possible for getting in a plane or tank ; you got TK'd for in an instance, and why should they care, nothing recording it anyway, who cares about points, they just want to fly or get in the tank , also many guys just getting in the game for TK ing for fun
          The servers I played BF42/DC on the admin would just kick you for excessive TKing. And they did have stats during the round so if you got too far negative from TKs you could be auto-kicked even without an admin. Nobody seems to be very concerned with TKs with BF2's stats system; people still keep on doing it until they get kicked/banned. It wouldn't change how I play the game much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dblEdge
            This is more of a curiousity question than anything..

If there was no ranking system, no points system at all then do you reckon the game would change much? And if so, for the better?

I reckon it would be better. People wouldn't tk for vechiles so that they could go and get their points up. People wouldn't get upset about being killed a number of times in a row by the same guy and then vote kick him due to their k/d ratio messing up. The top10 wouldn't feel pressurised to keep up the appearances of staying in their place.

I'm by no means saying that the ranking system should go, just questioning the possibility.

Discuss!
            I reckon that I would've stopped playing long time ago like with all the games I've played in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by govedob
              I reckon that I would've stopped playing long time ago like with all the games I've played in my life.
              That's a bad ass computer you got

Comment

When i first started, I never cared about any of that stuff. I didn't even know about unlocks until I saw a screen that told me I had one. I messed my stats up forever doing stuff that you would normally just do in any arcade game. But then I started to get help in forums, and that helped out a lot.

I think I had more fun back then. Getting flags, and racing around tryhing to help as much as I can at the expense of getting killed.

When I got my first badge i typed in chat, "Hey It says I just got promoted!" Someone wrote back, "Great now prepare to die." I'll never forget that.

Not to mention starting my search for the knife badge to early, my stats are going to suck forever. But who cares. It's not like there are any prizes or anything for this. Only being able to command. Big deal.

Comment

I started playing just for the fun of it. I had no idea there was a rank system and stats until I clicked BFHQ and saw it. It looked very cool. For a while I didnt care how many times I died or if I sucked in a server. I had quit Americas Army a long time ago and had my stats recorded on aaotracker.com. I became addicted to stats and only focused on it and never had fun.

However while playing BF2 Im starting to go back to my old ways lol. I still have fun in the game but am more addicted to getting my rank and badges. So if the stats and ranks were gone Id prolly quit.

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
                    That's a bad ass computer you got
                    Thanks. Putting the specs of my first PC from 16 years ago should tell you what I think about putting the computer's specs in the signature.

Comment

Slaying idiots should not be rewarded.
                      But no matter what people will play for them self if they want to.

Comment

You see the thing is...earning points IS fun...I don't mean you revive someone and then say YAY! TWO POINTS!

No, I mean, after the round ends in a 64 player server and u have top of the round by a whole 40+ points...its good to look back on and know you kinda accomplished something...same with awards.

Comment

Working...
                        X