Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x-fi settings

Originally posted by kingdomwinds
    the x-fi fat1lity, plat, and elite are overrated right? I just got the xtreme music version, which does not have 64mb of xram.
    I don't think so, I love the Frontbay for my Fatal1ty, I find it really handy. I'm tempted to say running an X-Fi is like running a nVidia 7 series card. It's almost required to really enjoy the game. Going from my Audigy 2ZS to my Fatal1ty really helped me get that much more into the game.

You know what's the point if you have awesome graphics but the sound seems fake?

-.-;; only thing I hate is the stupid Fatal1ty logo all over the stuff.....makes me feel like a noob.

Comment

^ you know you can delete posts right??

anyways... as for being overrated. the platinum is the same thing as the Xtrememusic but with the front panel and remote. both have 2mb xram. the platinum is 70$ more. Basically, it is worth it if you need the front panel like me. If your headphones dont stretch back, or you have intruments, or you wanna use the remote and stuff. it depends on what you need.

the fatil1ty has the 64mb xram. the only advantage is that now it doesnt use system memory for sound, no game really takes advangtage of that yet, only bf2 but it doesnt do much. for the extra 200$, it is not worth it. It DOES perform better, but NOT 200$ better.

Comment

what about drivers? are the 2.0.7 ok for bf2? Or do you use beta drivers?

I got the xtrememusic because i dont need headphones. My ears hurt after using them anyway. I think i would prefer 5.1 speakers instead. I just hope i dont get any errors while installing the card. I hear many ppl with nforce4 mobos have problems. This will be the first time for me ever installing a pci card.

Comment

install everything from the disk that you would like to have. than, go to creative.com, download the latest drivers and WITHOUT uninstalling the old ones, open the new ones. and it auto updates. those are the best to use.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdomwinds
            what about drivers? are the 2.0.7 ok for bf2? Or do you use beta drivers?
            dude, it was in my first post. Get the drivers from Creative's website. http://us.creative.com/support/downl...31&Image4.y=16

I like to install the drivers from the CD first because it comes with a nicer X-Fi console. The install those drivers drivers I posted over the CD ones. I did not have to uninstall the CD ones, and it works perfectly

Comment

I've got the xfi music and have had it installed for about a week now.I'm very impressed the m24 sounds supurb on surround sound.Only things are as the other guys have said is download the latest drivers from creative and you must switch over to game mode before you boot up bf2 as it doesn't save the settings in entertainment mode.Not really noticed any difference in game performance but i run mine on mostly high settings anyway.

Comment

i just got the x-fi xtreme in my possesion but i have some questions. Right now the only audio driver is the ones that installed with my nforce4 driver package. Do i need to uninstall the nforce4 audio?

Also what about nvmixer? Should i get rid of that too?

Comment

^ go into control panel> add remove programs and find nvidia drivers. you uninstall only the audio driver and it uninstalls all nesescary programs, drivers and software. once you have taken away the drivers and such for the integfrated audio, go into you BIOS and disable integrated audio. usually the thing is called "Ac'97 Audio", set it to disabled, or find onboard sound and disable it, then install the xfi. and plug the speaker chords and junk into the xfi too.

Comment

should i bother running DC cleaner after? Problem is that if i do, it will clean out all the nforce4 drivers and i remember losing the ability to use my mouse after doing that.

Comment

You don't need to get rid of your onboard sound drivers. I didn't. Just set the default sound playback device in Control Panel to the X-Fi. Although it did that automatically when I installed my X-Fi.

If you get problems with the sounds, you may want to uninstall your onboard drivers, but I don't think there should be a conflict with it.

Comment

crap i just installed it and the drivers and it is sharing the same irq as my 7800 gtx graphics card on IRQ 18. What should i do? I heard that they should not be on the same IRQ

Comment

Okay two things:
                          First, YES use driver cleaner. instead of selecting "nforce chipset" which is what you are talking about.. select "nvidia stereo" nvidia stereo is actually the sound drivers. so do that one.

Second: as for not deleting the drivers, and just selecing x-fi. that works, BUT, then you still have all the files, and all the scipts in your MSConfig. I sugest just getting rid of it as we have been talking about.

Comment

i got my x-fi in its own channel by moving it another slot. Bf2 vanilla runs well with awesome sound at ultra, x-fi, EAX.

But in bf2:sf....omg.... Performance seems to have gone down the drain. Im getting 27-30fps more frequently than before without the x-fi. Bf2 and euroforces run fine with x-fi but bf2:sf runs like crap.

any ppl here who use x-fi in bf2:sf have this low fps problem?

Comment

hmm I havent heard that Ill try it right now and report back

Comment

Because I can't remember, kingdom wind, did you do the dll fix for the Xfi? I did that right off the bat and I've never had a problem. Alot of people are saying that did the trick for them too. If you haven't, I suggest you do.

Past that, you'll probably have to contact creative support and EA support. Chances are they'll direct you to each other, so just don't give up and keep nagging.

I just got my XFi in the mail today, and I'm really happy with it. I'm debating if I should post a review for this too.

My settings:
                                Gaming: 50% Crystalizer, 50% CMSS 3D
                                Entertainment: 15-25% Crystalizer (depends on what music I listen to), 50% CMSS 3D

Finding these balances was on easy, as I've got a rather lousy infection, and can barely hear in the right ear at the moment. I can't wait til I get better and get to hear the full effect. Oooo man recieving this card from the mail was the best thing that happened this week!

Comment

Working...
                                X